Billiards

Fakk 2

Ok with all the different races out there I decided to try and think of one myself.

9-Ball.

There will be 9 caches with stationary balls numbered 1-9.

Participants would send a a cue ball.

Oblect your ball being the first one to travel to each cache IN order of the numbers.

EG:

Cue hits cache with 1 ball.- it scores.

It then hits a cache with the 3-ball. - Doesn't count.

Cue then hits cache with 2-ball. -score.

It Now has to go back to the cache that had the 3-ball so that it may progress.

Now how to keep it somewhat fair.

Everyone sends in either a clean cue ball (no identifying marks). And entry fee (Bug Tag Registration). This way the only person that knows who's ball is who's would be myself. This way people can't sabotage a certain persons ball. Granted downside is you can't help your ball or get your many friends to help it go through the caches in correct order.

What else I would need. 9 Caches volunteered to be setup or designated as 'Pockets'. Inside would be the numbered ball, and a note about how tha game works. The Numbered balls will remain in the cache. and hopefully people will read the note that they are not to be taken. (or could just use a picture of a ball).

The cue ball can be left in the cache, and taken by another person, or the same person can then move it on to another 'pocket'.

So....What do you think of the idea? What improvements think could be made? And also if interested.

The cache owners could put the ball number designation temporarily as part of the cache description. Anything in a cache can and probably will be taken.

These pages would link to your web page describing the game and yours would have a list of the numbered caches.

Some issues

1. Cue balls are fairly big and heavy

2. Can someone buy just a cue ball?

3. How are you going to attach an instruction tag to the cue balls?

Some issues

Cue Balls will fit into many ammo cans and tupperware (not micros.

As for the weight they aren't that heavy Especially if you compare it to Cindy the TB. :-)

As for attaching it to the ball. I was thinking of writing the number or a sticker on it with the actual number, or placing it in a clear case with the tag and instructions taped to it.

You can buy just a cue ball at many sports stores that sell billiard equipment.

As for the casing I will do a search for what I am thinking, sort of the clear cases the people place baseballs into or beanie babies etc.

Baseball Case 6 cases for 12 dollars.

Edited by Dream Alchemist
Some issues

Cue Balls will fit into many ammo cans and tupperware (not micros.

As for the weight they aren't that heavy Especially if you compare it to Cindy the TB. :-)

As for attaching it to the ball. I was thinking of writing the number or a sticker on it with the actual number, or placing it in a clear case with the tag and instructions taped to it.

You can buy just a cue ball at many sports stores that sell billiard equipment.

As for the casing I will do a search for what I am thinking, sort of the clear cases the people place baseballs into or beanie babies etc.

Baseball Case 6 cases for 12 dollars.

well am not sure how to post a photo to a message or how to put a link in. but if you look at my TB 5_ball it is a key chain of the 5-ball, I also have the 13 ball as well as an active TB I found these as key chains at a billiards store and they had the whole complete set of numbers plus the cue ball as key chains.

this might be something to look at ...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=69270

TruckerGeorge

I like it. Though I think to have a chance of finishing the caches would help to be in the same general region.

Also, while it would be neat to have an actual ball in each "pocket" cache, having just a virtual ball would probably get the job done (and not risk being removed). (That said, I think having a real ball would be cooler)

If you want a cache in the greater Boston area my cache Beaver Brook Multi is ready and willing.