Searching In Europe

Ms.Scrabbler

Buxley has some country maps:

Germany

France

You can click on the dots (= caches) near the places you know you're visiting, you will get the Geocaching.com cache description page of that certain cache. Then you can click on the Find all nearby caches link on that page in order to browse through the caches at that area.

Try also the German maps at Geocaching.de. Click the interaktive Karte link at the gray left colum for access.

You may also want to ask recommendations in the German Speaking forum. They'll answer in English too. :unsure: For recommendations for French caches you can try asking in the All Nations forum.

I wish you a happy and cache-rich journey! B)

:unsure: Divine you just made my day!!!!!!! I travel in Europe quite a bit, and the lack of map functionality for European caches (as compared to the US), has resulted in some effort to find a cache in the region I'm going to so I can get a listing of nearby caches. This site just solved my problem. A great page for anyone looking to geocache outside of the U.S. THANKS AGAIN! Edited by Natureboy44
:lol: Divine you just made my day!!!!!!! I travel in Europe quite a bit, and the lack of map functionality for European caches (as compared to the US), has resulted in some effort to find a cache in the region I'm going to so I can get a listing of nearby caches. This site just solved my problem. A great page for anyone looking to geocache outside of the U.S. THANKS AGAIN!

Ditto....I'll bookmark those for my reference....I don't get to the UK or really anywhere's over seas, but I do like having different maps just for reference....thanks, Divine! :unsure:

Prior to going to Europe last year, I started my research by pulling up the gc.com maps for the countries I would be visiting. While these maps are not as detailed as those for the US, they did the trick to find caches in the areas I would be visiting.

Once I identifed the caches I was interested in, MapQuest did a very good job of providing detailed maps.

Edited by sbell111

Any time, folks. :unsure: Oh, when you're on a cache page of some non-US cache, don't use the Microsoft MapPoint link for getting a map of the area. Gc.com hasn't been able to provide a properly working link for MapPoint. Instead, use the MapQuest link. The maps are way better via that link.

This thread just shows, that Gc.com site could use some better mapping services outside the US, so that cachers don't have to look for the information from outside sites. *wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more*

It's not only the minority of us non-US cachers who would benefit from that, it's also those avid US travellers who visit other countries as well.

Happy caching for everyone, all over the world!

Edit: typo

Edited by Divine