Nw Wales Forestry Commission

Lactodorum

I have been involved in discussion with various people at the Forestry Commission and I am delighted to announce that effective immediately, we have been granted permission to place geocaches in areas managed by Coed y Mynydd Forest District. This covers the whole of North West Wales, including Ynys Mon (Anglesea) and Snowdonia.

This permission is conditional upon each new cache conforming to a set of guidelines which I have pinned to the top of this forum. These guidelines are based closely on those developed by GAGB and HCC and my thanks go to that group for allowing me to use them as the basis for my discussions.

These particular guidelines adhere very closely to what is already in use so should not present any insurmountable problems.

The major restriction is that a Forestry Commission representative must be contacted before a cache is placed to ensure that they are aware of its location in case they need to get it archived due to normal forestry management activities. I (and Eckington) have taken on the responsibility for making this contact at the time of approval so you will not need to.

I would like to express my thanks to the Forestry Commission for their very positive approach to geocaching and for granting this permission.

Great! B)

but what does this "...a Forestry Commission representative must be contacted before a cache is placed..." mean in realtion to this " I (and Eckington) have taken on the responsibility for making this contact at the time of approval so you will not need to."?? :unsure:

It means that the FC have to be told about each cache so that they can be aware of where it is and have a chance to say "No it can't be put there because we are about to start logging activities" or something like that.

I have agreed that Eckington and/or I will tell them at the time the cache is being reviewed. We will wait to get the OK before final approval. OK?