How Will Your Tax Return Help You Go Geocaching?

This thread just didn't quite make the crucial "relation to geocaching" link, so I'll start it over.

Assuming you are getting a tax return this year, how is it going to help further your geocaching career? (uh, hobby?) :lol:

I'm expecting $1000 this year (Federal and State). Of that, several hundred will be going to pay for my cache event. I'm bringing together cachers from several states to further the cause of geocaching in the area.

First and foremost I must tune out the responsible part of my brain that says "put it in savings." Then I can have some fun with it.

My ever evolving day dream lists of Tax Return Cache Items:

Garmin 60cs. This thing is SWEET! Even Ani was impressed with it.

Kayak. For those evasive SW Ohio H2O caches.

Honda Shadow. For those evasive SW Ohio paved caches.

GeoPack. All new gear.

Range finder. No idea how this would help but they are cool.

And if the check was big enough (which it never is)? Take a month off, spend 30 days with Ani in an RV hitting atleast 1 cache in each state in the lower 48.

As soon as I got my return I purchased a new 60c (oh yes, it ROCKS!), CitySelect software ('cause I'm lazy), a Dell Axim3 (for paperless), various accessories for the PPC(256 meg chip, aluminum case, & car adapter), and ALOT of coffee(So I can figure out how to get it all to work!!)

Then I buried the rest in a coffee can in the backyard......Maybe I'll make a cache out of it??

I should be getting back a few hundred--the few hundred that I loaned them--thanks to my status as a student.

This will help me purchase a reliable vehicle in which I might geocache more often. I've not been out on a hunt in a while because my current transportation isn't fit for caching.

Of course... when it warms up, I can just take my bike.

Jamie

I will be dropping not-so-subtle hints to my wife that I would like a 60cs for Father's Day...

Be patient. I haven't started a Father's Day thread yet :D

Another thing my tax return will be paying for is obedience lessons for my new caching dog

Be gentle with Bob as she is young still. I guess this weekend is they day she arrives huh?

Having not filed taxes for the past 20 years, and after receiving a rather official looking letter with the word "audit" in it, I'll be spending much, much more time out in the woods caching.  Ummm.....just a suggestion:  could some of you start leaving warm clothes and food in your caches?  Please? :unsure:

...and a towel B)

Yea, don't go out in the cold with wet fur, you'll 'cache' your death of cold.

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers
Having not filed taxes for the past 20 years, and after receiving a rather official looking letter with the word "audit" in it, I'll be spending much, much more time out in the woods caching.  Ummm.....just a suggestion:  could some of you start leaving warm clothes and food in your caches?  Please? :huh:

...and a towel B)

Yea, don't go out in the cold with wet fur, you'll 'cache' your death of cold.

First Finder's Prize in Sparky's new cache is a wet cat :unsure:

I'd rather he place hampsters like the Leprechauns B)

Nurse Dave and I are contemplating buying me a new GPSr. I've been caching with ol' yellow for well over a year now and I think it's time to upgrade to a Legend. Woo hoo!

Of course, this is with my '02 refund (I was three years behind until recently). I have yet to file for '03 (but I will, I promise).

I should be getting back a few hundred--the few hundred that I loaned them--thanks to my status as a student.

This will help me purchase a reliable vehicle in which I might geocache more often. I've not been out on a hunt in a while because my current transportation isn't fit for caching.

That's a cheap car, JZ. :unsure:

Mine will probably leave nothing for caching activities. But it's times like now with the gas prices making another spike that I wish I had my 2001 return again and I'd dive in for the motorcycle I've been itching to buy for my to/from work driving.

$160/month in gas just going to/from work sucks. :unsure:

Of course, with a new Garmin handlebar mount, the bike would be my new urban cache-mobile.

Edited by Brian - Team A.I.