and with my GPS, I come seeking

under rocks and logs I am peeking

and the vision that was posted on the Net

lures me in

I seek the cache in silence.

Beneath the moonlight's soft white beams;

the coords are off a bit it seems

I didn't come this far to quit in vain

I'll search these brambles and this flooded plain.

Then the flash of a hunter's gun splits the night

I turn in flight.

And there's the can. I sign in.

TeamSimon&Garf

Syrian Surprise 4/5

I knew I had to find this one right away. There were plenty of out-of-town 'cachers looking for my caches I set locally, and I was sick of them in my hair. All my caches have a rating of 5/5, so they found only a couple.

Had a hard time getting there, muggles everywhere. Finally found it. Good thing I took my bag of trade goodies.

TN, left all my WMD.

Headed back home to do some cache maintenance. I have this awesome idea for a multi that will end in a spider hole. There should be a rating higher than 5/5 for this one.

- Insane Hussein

DNF

searched all over this stinking swamp land for the "Fountain of Youth Virtual". Yea, you guys won't think this was such a funny joke when we get out of here and decimate your primitive butts !

We may not be pale gods for real, but my thunderstick up your "sun don't shine" orifice will sure teach you to make bogus logs.

Ponce de Leone :D

:D GCOOZZ Emerald City Cache by Ozzy Wiz

At the starting coordinates there were many little muggles, but they helpful and they were able to show the right road to follow. Along the way met fellow catchers: Crow Kid, Tin Dude and Scary Cat. We think that the overall difficulty should be updated to at least a 4 star rating due to the tree cover in the Apple Orchard and the present of dangerous winged primates. The path to the cache was well established except at the flowerbed.

At the cache site we found a Multi-color Horse TB…CO ADMIN would have been proud. Crow Kid took the Geo Diploma, Tin Dude took Broken Heart McToy; Scary Cat took the Old War Medal. Toto the Geo Dog and I wanted to take the balloon Home but someone beat us to it. Took some red shoes. We all left smarter, more loving and braver.

Dot of Team Rainbow from Kansas..

Be sure to bring plenty of water when doing this cache…It came in real handy for me!!! B)

Edited by RainbowCache

i didn't have a cache descrition or coordinates but i knew i would recognize the cache location when i saw it. so i gathered some folks together and we looked for it. at first we thought it was in illinois, but then walked across the great plains and there it was. so i said, this is good enough, and we left our own log book.

we also claimed a find for our great grandparents who died before caching was invented.

brigham young

Louisiana Purchase Cache

Whew! Took the most direct path we could find, and still travelled about 8000 miles!

It was a little longer than expected so we made as much use of the waterways as possible, altho we did do our share of bushwacking! The friendly (for the most part) muggles were a big help.

Took knowledge, left legacy.

Lewis & Clark

Corps Of Discovery

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

Multi-State Campaign Cache

January 19, 2004

Had trouble getting the FTF on the Iowa stage, but we're looking forward to New Hampshire....then we're going to South Carolina... and Oklahoma... and Arizona... and North Dakota... and New Mexico..., and we're going to California... and Texas... and New York! And we're going to South Dakota... and Oregon... and Washington... and Michigan. And then we're going to take over Groundspeak ... . . . . . . . AAAAAArrrgggggggghhhhhh.

Howard_Dean

www.deangoesnuts.com/

AAAAAArrrgggggggghhhhhh.

Howard_Dean

Hee hee! This is a fun thread! I don't think it was as much "aarrgg" (shortened) though as it was a general weird scream. Maybe "Ayiiiiiiiahhhayyiiii?" :D

It's working out better than I would ever have imagined. B)

I have really enjoyed the post so far , keep 'em coming. B)

Wow! I am exhausted. This multi-cache was evil. I fell through a hole...should really watch where I am going while reading my GPS. With all the tree cover it was a little difficult to get a good fix. Then I found an experienced cacher named Cheshire. He was a little elusive, but helped me out. Stopped for tea before hitting the last leg of this hide.

Took Blue Pill, Left Red one, Signed Log

Alice - Paint the White Roses Red Cache

p.s.

That Mad Hatter is always FTF in our area!

Wow! I am exhausted. This multi-cache was evil. I fell through a hole...should really watch where I am going while reading my GPS. With all the tree cover it was a little difficult to get a good fix. Then I found an experienced cacher named Cheshire. He was a little elusive, but helped me out. Stopped for tea before hitting the last leg of this hide.

Took Blue Pill, Left Red one, Signed Log

Alice - Paint the White Roses Red Cache

p.s.

That Mad Hatter is always FTF in our area!

Geocacher White Rabbit will be hosting an event cache in your area called "Important Date!" Watch for it! Don't be late!

GCLOTR --- Ring in Hand Cache (Middle Earth) ~ Stage one of Multi Cache by J.R.R.T.

B) Gray Wiz handed off the Gold Ring Travel Bug for me to place in the final Stage of this fantastically hard multi cache. Started the day with SamWise, Pip and Merry. Later joined up with Horse Rider, The Archer, Prince Boy and Short 'n Red. Muggles all over the place, making the hike very difficult. Battled many Noseeums, not enough DEET in the world to shield against them. Gray Wiz hooked up with us later at the Elf Land Event Cache, sure did enjoy his Fellowship. Gray Wiz decided to take the lower trail at the Cave Caching portion. Prince Boy continued the journey as a Hydrocache. We will split into 3 teams for the next stage. TNLN, this cache is sure deserving of it 5/5 rating. Thanks JRRT for laying out the cache.

Frodo of Team Shire :D

Edited by RainbowCache

My dearest wife deborah decided to visit our son Robert in burlington, before he leaves for exile in england. (tory b**tard) Rather than stay at home myself I decided to take leave of philadelphia choosing to call upon a friend in Bensalem to find the "open field cache". Found cache after much bushwhacking in a thunderstorm.

took Kite and Key

left Bifocals, Volunteer Firefighting, Post office, Liberty, ETC.

Benny F.

GCLOTR2 Ring in Hand Cache ~ Stage Two of Multi Cache by J.R.R.T.

B) SamWise and I set off on the second stage. Pip and Merry are somewhere playing in the woods. Horse Rider, The Archer and Short 'n Red are still battling muggles. Joined up with Thinning and Balding. I think he want to take the Gold Ring (Precious) Travel Bug for himself. He had logged in another of JRRT caches once long ago and lost it. TNLN…pressing on the last stage of the cache.

GCLOTR3 Ring in Hand Cache ~ Stage Three of Multi Cache by J.R.R.T.

B) Finally made it to the last stage of the Multi. Left the Precious Travel Bug. Thinning and Balding wasn't very happy. Horse Rider should be crowned as King of All Cachers. Was so happy that this was the end of the Multi Cache. We were tired and hungry (as always). RETURNing to the Shire.

The cache site is a wreck! This cache should be archived, but remain available for viewing for archival purposes. I think everyone would enjoy reading the logs.

DUDE ! We scored FTF. Check it; my pain in the butt uncle Pelias was really stressing my case. He felt I was wasting my summer break, so he wants me to go pick up this old dead sheep skin for his “trophy room”. What a red-neck.

Anyways, what the heck, I figure get my posse together, and ROADTRIP ! We scored a really cool cache vehicle too. Argus is such a wuss, he built this awesome boat (named it the Argo, stupid name) but wouldn’t come along. Think his girlfriend wouldn’t let him. He’s wooped.

Its cool though, my buddy Hercules was sick of cleaning stables out anyway, so he bailed outta work and came along. You all know, if Herk comes along, its gonna be a wild ride. We stopped off in Salmydessus, but man, you shoulda seen the uggo broads in that town ! Fortunately, we pissed them off and they bugged out, so we had a cool party after that.

Sidenote: watch out for that speed trap the local fuzz set up. They call it the Symplegades. That cost us some cash to repair the geo-ride !

We finally pulled into Colchis to look for “Aeetes Golden Fleece Find”,

I figured what the heck, if we score the prize from a cache, I pocket Unc’s cash, and it pays the beer tab !

That Aeetes sets up a wicked multi, but his hottie of a daughter was sweet on me, so she helped us out with it. Nothing like some inside info. Gotta say, Medea was a real aid there. We got FTF, my Unc’s off my case, and it was a killer road trip.

Shouldn’t have left her hanging like that, but I’m too much of a stud to be tied down to the first chick that digs me. Sides, long distance relationships are too much work.

Anyways, took Golden fleece, Left broken hearts and empty beer bottles.

Crazy Jay and the Argo-naughty Dudes

Renaissance Impressions

:D On a Starry Night, with a bottle of wine in one hand and a candle in the other, Paul Gauguin and I decided to go searching for our first ever night cache. The streets of Paris are beautiful this time of year. After finding the cache location we had a rather difficult time finding this well placed cache. However, after a few bottles of wine and a good brawl, we finally discovered it.

Took Mona Lisa, left ear...

Thanks for the hunt.

Vincent Van Gough..

Edited by Hogarth
DUDE ! We scored FTF. Check it; my pain in the butt uncle Pelias was really stressing my case. He felt I was wasting my summer break, so he wants me to go pick up this old dead sheep skin for his “trophy room”. What a red-neck.

Anyways, what the heck, I figure get my posse together, and ROADTRIP ! We scored a really cool cache vehicle too. Argus is such a wuss, he built this awesome boat (named it the Argo, stupid name) but wouldn’t come along. Think his girlfriend wouldn’t let him. He’s wooped.

Its cool though, my buddy Hercules was sick of cleaning stables out anyway, so he bailed outta work and came along. You all know, if Herk comes along, its gonna be a wild ride. We stopped off in Salmydessus, but man, you shoulda seen the uggo broads in that town ! Fortunately, we pissed them off and they bugged out, so we had a cool party after that.

Sidenote: watch out for that speed trap the local fuzz set up. They call it the Symplegades. That cost us some cash to repair the geo-ride !

We finally pulled into Colchis to look for “Aeetes Golden Fleece Find”,

I figured what the heck, if we score the prize from a cache, I pocket Unc’s cash, and it pays the beer tab !

That Aeetes sets up a wicked multi, but his hottie of a daughter was sweet on me, so she helped us out with it. Nothing like some inside info. Gotta say, Medea was a real aid there. We got FTF, my Unc’s off my case, and it was a killer road trip.

Shouldn’t have left her hanging like that, but I’m too much of a stud to be tied down to the first chick that digs me. Sides, long distance relationships are too much work.

Anyways, took Golden fleece, Left broken hearts and empty beer bottles.

Crazy Jay and the Argo-naughty Dudes

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :DB)B)

Rocky Mountain Snow Cache

What a great day for snow caching. After retiring from politics and my fantastic music career, I've had more time for this great diversion. The aspens were beautiful as I began my descent this afternoon, hoping for that elusive FTF. I must have waxed the skis too much, as I was having trouble slowing down, kicking up lots of fresh powder which clung to my ski goggles, making navigation a bit tricky. Trees were whizzing past me at an amazing rate, blurring together like a picket fence, then.....serenity. Lofty clouds, angels playing harps, old friends greeting me. Surely this isn't the cache?

T: Wrong Turn

L: Face print in tree

Sonny Bono

GCLOTR3 Ring in Hand Cache ~ Stage Three of Multi Cache by J.R.R.T.

B) Finally made it to the last stage of the Multi. Left the Precious Travel Bug. Thinning and Balding wasn't very happy. Horse Rider should be crowned as King of All Cachers. Was so happy that this was the end of the Multi Cache. We were tired and hungry (as always). RETURNing to the Shire.

Frodo of Team Shire :unsure:

The cache site is a wreck! This cache should be archived, but remain available for viewing for archival purposes. I think everyone would enjoy reading the logs.

Quit cheating by logging finds on each stage of a single multicache, or you'll wind up looking like me.

-- Gollum

What a great day for snow caching. After retiring from politics and my fantastic music career, I've had more time for this great diversion. The aspens were beautiful as I began my descent this afternoon, hoping for that elusive FTF. I must have waxed the skis too much, as I was having trouble slowing down, kicking up lots of fresh powder which clung to my ski goggles, making navigation a bit tricky. Trees were whizzing past me at an amazing rate, blurring together like a picket fence, then.....serenity. Lofty clouds, angels playing harps, old friends greeting me. Surely this isn't the cache?

Sonny Bono

I thought he died skiing in California :unsure:

What a great day for snow caching.  After retiring from politics and my fantastic music career, I've had more time for this great diversion.  The aspens were beautiful as I began my descent this afternoon, hoping for that elusive FTF.  I must have waxed the skis too much, as I was having trouble slowing down, kicking up lots of fresh powder which clung to my ski goggles, making navigation a bit tricky.  Trees were whizzing past me at an amazing rate, blurring together like a picket fence, then.....serenity.  Lofty clouds, angels playing harps, old friends greeting me.  Surely this isn't the cache?

Sonny Bono

I thought he died skiing in California :huh:

Figures....he was using a Magellan to find the cache....must be what put him 3 states away! :unsure:B)B)

Feb.12, 2527 Wow -- exciting cache visit to earth! "Computer" said there were now 85,378,257,380 caches on Earth! Time to hit a few of them!

This was #128 of 585 today. Found this one after a bit of a search. That idiot Scotty was supposed to beam me right TO the coords. Moron. He sent me 15' away and I had to SEARCH!

Fortunately, Spock's tricorder led us right to the spot. Didn't even have to decode the clue! Spock did have to subdue a muggle with his Vulcan grip and then mind-meld with him to wipe out his memory of our encounter.

Took: dilithium crystals

Left: Tribbles (see if YOU can stop these little buggers from multiplying!!!)

Thanks for a great cache!

JimboKirkboy

Edited by OuttaHand

July 27, 1875 Hmm hot today. Find cache fast. Had "help" from idiot on white horse. Him run around shooting silver bullets. Me do all work. Find cache using natural ability. Take wool blanket. Leave Where's George wampum.

Fun cache. Me go find idiot on white horse now. Him get lost easy.

Thanks for cache,

Tonto

July 27, 1875 Hmm hot today. Find cache fast. Had "help" from idiot on white horse. Him run around shooting silver bullets. Me do all work. Find cache using natural ability. Take wool blanket. Leave Where's George wampum.

Fun cache. Me go find idiot on white horse now. Him get lost easy.

Thanks for cache,

Tonto

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! :unsure::huh:B)

Sorry for the late post. I've been kinda out of it for a couple days.

Found the cache on Tuesday? Wednesday? Somethin' like that.

First found the patch of 'wildwood weed' that was growing nearby. Smoked a little of that and then the memory gets a little hazy. Pretty sure we found the cache after my brother got me down from the silo.

Took: "a trip but never left the farm"

Left: my senses

Jim Stafford -- just settin' here on this sack o' seeds.

(OuttaHand here ---- guess I better stop now. But this is just TOO fun!!!)

Chose not to open cache after I stumbled across it, for several reasons:

1. This is clearly a vacation cache, and should not have been approved.. The hider, Odysseus, has finds in Ithaka and throughout Greece, but nothing else here in Ilium. He may have been here on business :unsure: for ten years, but he's gone now. I suspect it'll turn into geo-litter, since Hektor, our most prolific cache adopter, is no longer caching. B)

2. The cache container is not well chosen. It's a funny shape, not weatherproof, and far too large. (You could put a whole army in that thing!) Don't the Greeks have arrow cans?

3. Leaving a cache lying around just outside the city gates is not the same as hiding it.

4. I don't like Greeks or their caches.

- Aeneas

Edited by evilrooster

Awwwwww man! That was just tooooo cooooooolll

Headed out in the van to do the "Yasgur's Farm" event cache.

whoa -- what a huge turnout! We could see some kind of purple haze rising over the field before we even got there so we knew we were close.

We got settled in and then it started raining! What a drag! But we were having

waaaaayyy to much fun to care. The music was great! But the bathrooms

were just too packed, man! We couldn't shower or anything, either.

Most of us didn't care, though. We just kinda hung around and mellowed out. I'm pretty sure I signed the log book. I think. Er - wait. WAS there a log book? Kinda fuzzy on the details. Oh well. That's one event cache I'll never forget, man. People are gonna talk about THIS one for a while. Hey --what are these red spiders and purple glowing elephants doing on my screen? WHOA -- now they're dancing!!! MAN!!! I wonder what was on that blotter paper they were passing around???

Thanks for the event cache, man. Far out!

HippyCacher

They done finally let me out of Shawshank just when I figured I'd be there for keeps. I figured it'd be a fine thing to hunt for this cache since it was personally recommended to me by my friend Andy, the hider. I got to the cache OK, even without a GPS, since it's a letterbox hybrid and Andy gave me the letterbox clues. It looks like I'm the first finder and oh, my... what a first finder's prize! Nuthin' talks to me like cold hard cash in a cache. Think I'll use it to buy me a bus ticket and do some cachin' with Andy in Mexico where it's a fair bit warmer than here in Maine.

-- Red was here

• Funny 1

:unsure: FTF!!!! Lots of people have looked at this cache for quite a while without being able to reach it. Thanks to the thousands of people helping us, we were able to land and log it. It was only one small step for me, but it was, well, you know. I really am a bit surprised that this cache was approved, though. Seems like it would be hard to do maintenance this far from home.

Overall, an excellent location for a cache. It's a REALLY long trip to get here; but the view is absolutely unbelievable!!! VERY few people get to enjoy an earth-rise like that! I'll tell you one thing, though. I'm sure glad I didn't have to pay the fuel bill for the cache-mobile on THIS one!

I feel that we really traded UP on this cache. We took some rock samples and left millions of dollars worth of scientific equipment. The next finder is SET! We didn't find a log book to sign so we left an American flag and took lots of pictures to prove we were here.

Thanks for a REALLY great cache!

N.Armstrong

Team Apollo

edit--spelling

Edited by OuttaHand

What a cache. Took half the day to kill all those picts. Then that demon cacher shows up and tries to pull me into the pits of hades. Good thing I had that magic sword. It was worth it when I finally got to the city and found the cache.

T: Princess, gold, jewles

L: Burning wreckage

BarbianCacher.

Another example of why caches should NEVER NEVER NEVER be on private property. Got to area easy, but local muggles REALLY did not want us on "their" land. Took days to get to cache. By then wasn't worth it. Will soon head for the Lynch's Ferry Cache on the San Jacinto River. I KNOW things will get better there!

TELN (Took Everything Left Nothing)

CacherDeSantaAnna

March 6, 1836

San Antonio, TX