How Would They Sign?

rusty_tlc

How would your favorite figure from history or myth sign the cache log?

For instance:

Dec. 25 2003

9,748,463,154th find for the night. Drove straight to the cache, as usual. I like what you've done with the living room, the flower print sofa was getting a bit dated.

Took: Cookies and Milk

Left: Bike, Doll house, Slippers, House Robe.

Kris Kacher

icon_sad.gifCarthage Cache

Hannibal

228 BC

The way to the cache was tricky to get to, what with the narrow mountain pass and all the snow. I decided to try using elephants to bushwhack to this one, but was turned back, unsuccessful. The elephants also aroused the attention of the locals who made it difficult to move forward.

Edited by The Cheeseheads
Found the cache easily... I already knew where it was.

Didn't read the log ... I already know what it says.

I took nothin

left gifts of Love, Compassion, and forgiveness.

I also left a book detailing my most intimate thoughts, if only someone will read it.

Jesus Christ

Yeah, the Dec. 25th date made think that was where he was going with that, too. Omniscience could get boring.

Jimi Hendrix

Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced? Well, I have. Took, hand full of pills. Left an incomplete musical legacy.

John Lennon

Found with Yoko. Unfortunately Ringo, George and Paul decided not to join us today. Took nothing, all we need is love. Left a legacy of great music and a message of peace, hope and understanding.

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Found this one today despite the Flood. I took the wrong path most of the way, but got it right near the end. Took - "Before my Time", Left millions of white folks loving the Blues.

Log entry at Washington's Crossing, GC24B:

:lol:December 25, 1776 by GeoGeneralGeorge (28 found)

I was visiting the Trenton area and noticed that this cache had been set up in my honor! Way Kewl, thanks. Our group approached the cache from the wrong side of the Delaware river. After some discussion, we decided to attempt this one as a night time hydrocache to make it more interesting. We made the crossing, totally undetected by muggles, at around midnight. Had no problem finding the cache since there were several hundred of us searching for it. I think it was Private Irish who scored the actual find. We checked the logbook and discovered that Stayfloopy had beaten us to the FTF on this cache... no surprise there. Suggest using animal skin or shaved horn for a logbook, since parchment does not hold up well in the elements. The log is already damp. We tried our best to dry it out, but we were pressed for time. I left my signature "Where's George?" Continental bank note. Post a letter by horse courier to me if you find the note, and tell me where you spent it so that we can keep track of where it goes. From this cache we continued on to Trenton to meet up with some Hessians and kicked a little a** there. Thanks for the cache.

Edited by The Leprechauns

1812 Here Come the Slavic's cache

SCORE! Another FTF. Virgin caches are getting scarce. As usual another night cache. Had a little trouble finding a path around the garlic fields. Tried the door first but the way was barred by a cross, eventualy flew in the bedroom window.

Took:2 Pints

Left: Puncture wounds.

Count Cache

JESTER CACHE

Has this fellow no feeling of his business, that he buries a cache?

Alas, poor Cache! I found it. A hunt of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: it hath challenged me a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here hung those McToys that I have found I know not how oft. Where be your trades now? your logs? your trinkets? your flashes of merriment,that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own burrying? quite chap-fallen? Now get you to my pack's chamber, and let me, let me paint an inch thick, to this favour you must come; make me laugh at that.

HamCacheLet

April 6, 1909

FTF!!!

90 degrees N latitude

I don't know what's going on here but I was the first to sign the log!!! I just don't under stand why someone would log a find when it is obvious that they were nowhere near the cache. mabe they were just in the area and figured that was close enough!!!

I think I'll contact admin and try to get Cook's account closed!

Robert E. Peary

Second Virt in Olympic National Park of the Day.

I sat aside all of this land for the enjoyment and benefit of ALL and some beauracrats stop us from putting real caches there? Flimshaw.

However, the four caches I found in the Wilderness Areas of the National Forests I created were quite Bully.

PresTeddyR

August 26, 1906 New York City

Logged by Typhoid Mary Mallon

History Files

Since coming to the US, I found work as a cook and a pretty darn good one, however I still found myself moving from job to job. I recently got a job working at a summer residence of a prominent New York city banker in Oyster Bay. Lots of great geocaching here on Long Island, I particularily like JMBella's caches so I went hunting for JMB-11 Caumsett West. GCHJ53

Found it after some bushwacking.... I used my kitchen knife to clear a trail to the cache so that others can find it easier. Pulled the cache out and had some trouble opening it so when I left, I left it open so that no one else breaks a nail opeing it again.

Took a couple of Where's George dollars - I plan to put them right into the bank for safekeeping! Also took the toilet paper out of the cache, what a silly cache item

Left some cookies and brownies I made yesterday.

Oh, and I dropped off some bugs too. :D:lol:

On and on we go, down through the days of blooming wonder

In the presence of the eternal flame, in the daring night

Oh my common one with the coat so old and the light in the head

We discovered this cache witnessed only by the Ancient of Days

So hard to find my way, now that I'm all on my own

I gotta couple a-bottles a-wine, somethin' to turn you on'

That's why Broken Arrow waved his finger

Down the road so dark and narrow

We let go of the mystery and followed the mystic road

Followed the ancient road to a town called Paradise

William Blake and the Eternals, standing by the light of the moon

And the great goddess of the eternal wisdom

Led us through the mystic forest, down by the viaducts of my dreams

The only sound the sound of one hand clapping

As though we hunted the Holy Grail, the enchanted vale

On down by Avalon, Avalon of the heart

And I'll point a finger at you

Point a finger at you, and say in which way

Which way, which way, which way, ah

And the sky comes down, kaleidoscope, hold it open and you kiss

Gonna keep moving on up to the higher ground

Almost Tore down a la Rimbaud

You don't pull no punches, but you don't push the river

But for the clue encrypted, the promise of the flame:

Meet me down by the river

Meet me down by the water

Meet me down by the water

Meet me down by the pylons

On a magic night like this, I hunger for your kiss

There, swallowed by the stump, hollow like the heart of the lost

The holy grail we seek, on down by haunts of ancient peace.

Yeats and Lady Gregory corresponded

And James Joyce wrote streams of consciousness log entries

Then McMannus comes around, on his early morning rounds

Crying "Heron 'a' lay"

We return the cry, crying “First to the find!”

And we’re on the Celtic Ray

Voice and music, music and no music, silence and then voice

Music and writing, words, memories, memories way back

Get the words on the page, please don't call me a sage,

I can write about love and the stars up above

Rave on, Walt Whitman, nose down in wet grass

Rave on Omar Khayyam, Rave on Kahlil Gibran

Rave on, you left us infinity, and well pressed pages torn to fade

Rave on words on printed page

Trade me your picture, trade me your pillow

Trade it through Krishna, on the Vanlose Stairway

Enchanted and spellbound, in the silence they lingered

On a golden autumn day returning

Further on down the road, trying to find my way back home

Past the footlights of the brazen silence easy

It's four o'clock in the morning, and there's a new full moon

Shining down through the trees

Naked in the jungle, naked to the world

And the wheeling and the dealing, all takes up too much time

Down those old ancient streets, down those old ancient roads

Baby, and you really know, that you reap just what you sow

And I'll be praying to my higher self

Oh, don't let me down, keep my feet on the ground

As the beams on the cars from the overpass

On the ancient highway shine, like diamonds in the night

And I walk away from the backstreet in the rain

And I saw how many times have I died

And it's a hard road, Its a hard road daddy-o

Precious time is slipping away, you know you're only king for a day

TNLNSL

Van Morrison

The Iraqi Information Minister-

"Infidels, you will all bow before my power. You cannot stop me, you are powerless before me. You cannot hide a cache which I cannot find. You should give up now like the dogs you are. Praise Allah, I have won this game you call geocaching using your own pathetic technology against you. You do not control my home country, I control yours." - M.S.S.

Beanstalk Cache

After trading down yesterday we managed to trade up today. The climb to the cache container took the better part of the day. Wow! Talk about elevation change, the Terrain rating should definitely be a 5. Once we reached the top we had to work very hard to avoid a rather large and angry muggle. The return trip wore us out as we had to flee as quickly as possible. This cache should be archived as the path to has been completely destroyed. Took - Goose that laid golden Eggs. Left - Dead Giant

Caching Jack

The Iraqi Information Minister-

"Infidels, you will all bow before my power. You cannot stop me, you are powerless before me. You cannot hide a cache which I cannot find. You should give up now like the dogs you are. Praise Allah, I have won this game you call geocaching using your own pathetic technology against you. You do not control my home country, I control yours."  - M.S.S.

What he said and let me add...

Information Minister's Geocaching Press Conference

Edited by Doc-Dean

Man, I hate winter! Whose bright idea was it to go snow caching, anyway? Well, that's it...not only DNF, but now hopelessly lost. Smith was supposed to bring the batteries, and Jones forgot the food.....the snow is relentless. Been several days walking in circles. Man, I'm hungry. Oh, look.....Jones is dead. Hmmm.....really hungry. Well, maybe just a nibble wouldn't hurt......

Alferd Packer

Former President Cliniton here...

I would like to log my recent conquest of a mult-cache here in Washington, DC.

It's called Lewisky's Lair GCXXX. Its a tricky multi-cache and took some time to plan out and execute but in the end I got mine!

Took - nothing (and boy did I get it from Hiliary)

Left - a moist cigar and oh yea, a donation to the cause!

Old Covered Bridge cache

This one keeps me coming back again and again ! The moon was full, but the clouds were kind enough to cover it over. Oh yea, night caching is where its at ! Don't know why I'm the only one to log it, I keep the muggles away, the path is clearly marked out. Oh well, sooner or later you guys will clue in to this one.

Took: scrawny white guys head Left: trademark flaming jack'o'lantern.

The Headless Horseman

Edited by Captain Chaoss

:lol:Woe Is Me

I got an e-mail form the Approvers today requesting that I do maintenance on my City by the Sea cache. Stupid "needs Archive" button. Who the heck do these approvers think they are, sending me out there? I decided to go look for this hydro-cache instead. The weather was great as I started my journey across the Sea, but a squall soon arose. My tiny ship was tossed and I lost my bearings. Just when I thought I might need to try turning back to shore the boat was capsized. When I awoke I was in the belly of a whale! So there I was, sitting in the belly, no signal on the GPSr, feeling like a complete a** for not doing the right thing earlier. Feeling hopeless and lost I sent TPTB an e-mail apologizing for not checking on my own cache first using my WiFi laptop. Then a great bellow came from the whale and I was thrown onto a sandy beach. Disoriented I looked around and amazingly I was right in front of the very cache who's maintenance I had neglected. Weird Huh? Needless to say I never got to search for the cache I set out for. Maybe I'll try again latter.

Jonah

Well, we set off on a 3-hour cache machine with 5 noobs. Things at sea turned sour right away. A huge storm blew us off course, and we ended up beached on this little island. There are some muggles on the other side that dress kinda weird. Too bad we can't place vacation caches, this would have been a good spot for one.

So, here we are, marooned on an island full of bananas and coconuts. There's this genius professor here that can make a nuclear reactor out of coconut shells, but can't fix a two-foot hole in the boat! :lol:

At least the movie star brought enough clothes along for a 7 year cruise. (What was she thinking, this was supposed to be a 3-hour tour?)

There's a real hot chick from Wellington, Kansas that I think I'll try to get to know a bit better.....man, I love short shorts!

Stupid skipper didn't read the weather charts before we left, or we wouldn't even be here now.

FNLNDSL (Found Nothing, Left Nothing, Didn't Sign Log)

Gilligan

Well, we set off on a 3-hour cache machine with 5 noobs. Things at sea turned sour right away. A huge storm blew us off course, and we ended up beached on this little island. There are some muggles on the other side that dress kinda weird. Too bad we can't place vacation caches, this would have been a good spot for one.

So, here we are, marooned on an island full of bananas and coconuts. There's this genius professor here that can make a nuclear reactor out of coconut shells, but can't fix a two-foot hole in the boat! :lol:

At least the movie star brought enough clothes along for a 7 year cruise. (What was she thinking, this was supposed to be a 3-hour tour?)

There's a real hot chick from Wellington, Kansas that I think I'll try to get to know a bit better.....man, I love short shorts!

Stupid skipper didn't read the weather charts before we left, or we wouldn't even be here now.

FNLNDSL (Found Nothing, Left Nothing, Didn't Sign Log)

Gilligan

Should've brought your GPS!

This one was a little tough to get to, what with all the infidel muggles following me around.

I will be leaving many caches in most of your decadant American population centers. All of them will have very special FTF prizes in there. I promise you will get a Bang out of it.

Took Ammo box, left toys, SL

-Team Osama

Log by Moses on "The Promised Land" multicache

Hi, this is Zipporah, logging this find on Moses' account since he FREAKIN' DIED right before the last stage. Nothing sucks worse than to be able to see where the cache is hidden, but you can't get to it because it's up in a tree, or because you're looking down at it from up on a mountain and God tells you it's "that time," or whatever.

Anyways, this multi really kicked our butts. Definitely the hardest cache we've done since the "Building the Pyramids" CITO Event. It took us 40 years to complete this cache. Jehovah, you always place great caches but this one makes the "Pharoah's Plagues" series look like a bunch of 1/1 historic marker virtuals.

Our troubles started right from the beginning. We strongly suspect that this cache was not placed with permission, as we were chased by law enforcement chariots all the way to stage two. I know you had set that part up as a hydrocache, but as we didn't have any boats and were pressed for time, Moses used his El Diablo hiking staff to part the waters and we made the crossing just ahead of Pharoah's army.

We found the micro with the clue for the next stage. A quick check of our topo maps showed it on the top of Mount Sinai, so we headed there. As the hill looked pretty steep, Moses made the trip up all by himself while the rest of us waited at the bottom and worshipped graven images. Nice touch with the burning bush that talked, how did you set that up? We got the stone tablets with the clues for the remaining stages. It took awhile to decode the word puzzle, but once we figured out that "Thou Shalt Not" meant South Latitude, we were off and running.

There then followed a very, very long period in which our Garmin eweTrex could not get a lock to point us towards the next cache. As we were stranded in the desert, this part of the cache was not much fun. Sometimes it seems like people put extra stages in multi's just for the heck of it. Anyways, bring plenty of water.

Finally we did get to the mountain and viewed the Promised Land. Just in time, too, as we were down to the last few goats. After burying Moses we made our way to the final cache and made our trades. We liked the area so much that we decided to settle here. Thanks for showing us this cool place, Jehovah! YAPIDKA (Yet another Palestine I didn't know about.) It was worth the trip.

• Funny 1
Leprechaun, your my hero.  That was beautiful man, just freaking beautiful.

I'll second that! :lol::D:D:D My ribs still hurt from laughing! B)B):D

Ribs? Did someone say ribs? Hey Lep you taking requests? How about a DNF on the Garden of Eden Cache from team ADAM&EVE? :D

Got the right elements...just when we thought we had it, snake muggle came along, stupid Eve got hungry and ate an apple, park ranger showed up and kicked us out.....

Leprechaun, your my hero.  That was beautiful man, just freaking beautiful.

I'll second that! :lol:B)B):lol: My ribs still hurt from laughing! :lol::lol::D

Ribs? Did someone say ribs? Hey Lep you taking requests? How about a DNF on the Garden of Eden Cache from team ADAM&EVE? :D

Got the right elements...just when we thought we had it, snake muggle came along, stupid Eve got hungry and ate an apple, park ranger showed up and kicked us out.....

ROFL!!!! :D:D:D

:lol: Pale Crown Cache

Took my little sister Jill along with me today. We found the location without any trouble but Jill bumped me while removing the cache from its hiding spot. I lost my balance. Jill tried to steady me but with the Cache container in her hand she ended up actually be pulled down with me. We tumbled all the way to the bottom of the hill. Sorry to say that the cache container got broken on in the fall. Due to the 'damp' nature of this hiding spot, the container will need to be replaced. Sorry.

TN.LN.SL

Cacher Jack

I was once lost but now am found.

Thought our party was going the way of flash-mobs

but it is now business as usual.

We are hoping to get a very strong signal lock and start

a 4 year geocaching marathon that will take us all over the world.

Took the hope and dreams of all democrats

Left Dean and Clark in the dust

- Senator Kerry

Found the cache easily... I already knew where it was.

Didn't read the log ... I already know what it says.

I took nothin

left gifts of Love, Compassion, and forgiveness.

I also left a book detailing my most intimate thoughts, if only someone will read it.

Jesus Christ

I would like to find THAT book!

Were you thinking about the Bible?

Every word of it was written by men, not by Jesus.

This is a delicious evening, when the whole body and GPS are one sense, and imbibe delight through every pore. I come and go with a strange liberty guided by unseen birds high in the azure sky. As I walk along the stony pond in my shirt sleeves, though it is cool and cloudy and windy, I followed the arrow. The bullfrogs trump and usher in the night and the note of the whipporwill is borne on a rippling wind from over the water. Sympathy with the fluttering adler and poplar leaves almost takes away my breath; yet like the lake, my serenety is rippled but not ruffled. The small waves raised by the evening wind are as remote from storm as the smooth reflecting surface. Anon, I reach the site of the cache and uncover it. The smooth sides, solid, ungiving, like armor, yield to the contents. I'm in awe of the items left by some unknown person, my benefactor from over the hill. I leave my greetings in the notebook. Simplify!

Henry David Thoreau Sept. 6 1848

Dunsinane Castle Cache

icon_smile.gif1606 by McToy (1 Found)

Is this an ammo box which I see before me,

The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.

Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible

To feeling as to sight? or art thou but

A virtual of the mind, a false creation,

Proceeding from the GPS-obsessed brain?

I see thee yet, in form as palpable

As this which now I log.

Thou marshall'st me the way that I was going;

And such a Garmin I was to use.

Mine eyes have made the fools o' the other cachers,

Or else worth all the rest; I see thee still,

And in thy contents geotrash, golf balls,

Which were not there before. There's no such thing:

It is the bloody newbies which informs

Thus to mine eyes. Now o'er the one first find,

Nature seems dead, and volunteer trails abuse

The curtain'd sleep; I still celebrate

Travel Bug offerings, and wither'd logbook,

Alarum'd by my sentinel, a wolf,

Whose howl's his watch, thus with his stealthy pace.

With Keystone's ravishing strides, towards his design

Moves like a ghost. Thou sure and firm-set earth,

Hear not my steps, which way they walk, for fear

Thy very stones prate of my whereabout,

And take the present first find from the time,

Which now suits with it. Whiles I threat, he lives:

Words to the heat of deeds too cold breath gives.

A muggle comes

I go, and it is done; the bell invites me.

Hear it not, Jeremy; for it is a knell

That summons thee to heaven or to hell.

Took a dagger I saw before me. Knives should not be in caches.

Sometime in 1978 . . .

Wow! What a neat concept. Went out on my first hunt today with Ronald, the Mayor, and Hamburgler. Enjoyed the walk to the cache.

Took crappy toys, left several Where's George bills.

We enjoyed this,

Ray Kroc

P.S. We got a neat idea from this cache. The little crappy toys we took will work well in the children's meals we are developing. Thanks!

Metropolis by Lex Luthor

I should have know better, I didn't belive the 1/5 rating. When the listing showed up I flew straight to the cache location to snag yet another FTF. As usual the x-ray/super vision spotted the cache before I left the Fortress, odd I had never seen any lead lined ammo cans before.

Well Lex you almost got me this time LOL!!!!!

I got the can closed again before the Krypton totaly sapped my strength.

You just wait, I've got a Multi planned that will put you right where I want you!!!

TN DNSL.