The Tax Man

I am in that limbo between having filled (whew) and waiting for my Tax return (eeek!). We talked about winning the lottery, that was fun. But this is reality, mostly. I will be getting almost 3k back this year, gotta love those dependents.

What the heck am I going to do with it?

Pay off some debt?

Savings?

Investments?

You bet! I'm going to Pay Off my Debt to my own winterized sun deprived soul. I am going to Save myself from boredom and Invest in my own entertainment.

But how?

Here are the finalist my brain has picked.

Kayak.

Honda Shadow.

Garmin Street Pilot III

New Geopack, fully loaded of course.

Last but not least (and completely Non-Geo related), an engagement ring for Ani. (shhh, don't tell)

Please try to keep it in the Geo-Realm. What would you buy?

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

I have to use it to repay the money I borrowed to feed my family through the winter. It is a bi**h being self employed. I have to loan the feds money, interest free, if I don't they put me in jail. Then because they have all my money tied up till next april or so, I have to borrow at usery rates from the bank. Let freedom ring!

Well, the first thing I'm going to do is increase the exemptions on my W2. I'd rather get the money upfront than let the government earn interest on MY money.

I'm getting back $1500 this year and I plan on putting it all toward future bills such as property taxes and homeowners insurance (which goes dramatically up every year now).

I always laugh when I read about the lack of inflation when all my bills seem to be inflated every year. :D:lol:

Sounds like you need to adjust your W-2's. I can't do much with the $27 I'm getting.

I hate to give the government a 12 month interest free loan.

Yep, I will probably owe a grand or two. I would rather owe them on principle. Withholding should be illegal as it was before WWII. Interesting how all these wars for "Freedom" have always seemed to end up in American citizens losing freedom to the Federal Government (from conscription to income tax to withholding, etc...)

Quick search - http://www.lufa.ca/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=772

I guess I'd better get current on my stident loans before I file...I'd hate for them to withhold my refund! :D

I just bought a new silver tenor sax. Now I have a bari, tenor, alto, and soprano!

But can you play them all at the same time? I knew a man that could play two trumpets at the same time in harmony! :lol:

I guess I'd better get current on my stident loans before I file...I'd hate for them to withhold my refund! :D

I just bought a new silver tenor sax. Now I have a bari, tenor, alto, and soprano!

But can you play them all at the same time? I knew a man that could play two trumpets at the same time in harmony! :lol:

That's easy for a trumpet, there are only 3 valves on each.

My bari sax has 23 keys! The Soprano and Tenor each have 22 keys, and the alto has 21!

I guess I'd better get current on my stident loans before I file...I'd hate for them to withhold my refund! :lol:

But can you play them all at the same time? I knew a man that could play two trumpets at the same time in harmony! :D

That's easy for a trumpet, there are only 3 valves on each.

My bari sax has 23 keys! The Soprano and Tenor each have 22 keys, and the alto has 21!

You're avoiding the question...... :D

Sigh. We're being practical with this year's tax refund. We're going to get our house painted, and if there's enough money for it also have all the gutters replaced.

The actual work of tearing down the old gutters and putting up new ones we could do ourselves, but I'm not a big fan of spending a lot of time on a ladder to reach the second story. :lol:

Painting ... no way. It's a big job that would take us forever and a day to do. Better to have a crew come in and get it all done in a week or two. :D

By my count, there are 19 posts in this topic that do not make a connection between a tax refund and the geocaching related use that's planned for the refund. Sorry, but posts about buying unrelated items, paying off loans, etc., are off topic. Please keep to the topic as requested in the initial post. Thanks!