question about a new cache

xpunkx & Julez

Good luck. I don't think people are getting the travelling caches approved. Too many problems getting coordinates updated on the page violating 0.1 rules and safety concerns (placed next to active railroads and that type of thing). Too bad really. We have a couple of travellers in our area and they're lots of fun.

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

Sorry, but traveling caches (i.e, those that have the goal to move to different locations) are no longer being approved. The cache you linked to was set up prior to the adoption of this rule, so it is grandfathered. Very good of you to check in advance, thank you!

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

1. Cache'N'Carry's idea is just fine; there are many travel bugs of this type.

2. xpunkx & Julez, to answer your question about the "Mystery Cache" type, here is an excerpt from the current draft of the revised Cache Placement Guidelines:

"The “catch-all” of cache types, this form of cache can involve complicated puzzles you will first need to solve to determine the coordinates. The only commonality of this cache type is that the coordinates listed are not of the actual cache location but a general reference point, such as a nearby parking location. For whatever reason, this cache either does not fit within any other designation or is a surprise to the hunter. If you choose to submit a cache of this type please give as much detailed information as possible to the Approver when you submit the cache. The Approver may still need more information before approving the listing. Please cooperate with their requests."

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

You can specify that the TB micro be placed near a cache, instead of in it. That way people get a bonus cache to find. Perhaps each person who hides it can place Letterbox type clues in the actual cache that give instructions about where to find the TB.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Huh. Of the seven "mystery" caches we've found, only one didn't have a cache at the coordinates listed. Most seem to have been designated "mystery" because they were themed. Seems a bit under-utilized.. I'd love to find a good puzzle cache. Not sure I have the creativity to place one, alas. I have a hard enough time imagining where to place a regular cache, and then someone puts one in my backyard and I slap my head saying, "Why didn't I think of that??"