2610 Firmware Updated

billsumrall

Wow - some very nice features added!

Improved appearance of map symbols.

Added WAAS position correction support.

Added support for manipulating VIAs within a route, including manual and automatic re-ordering.

Added ability to FIND map features which are ahead of the vehicle and near the active route.

Added support for user-provided lists of areas and roads to avoid.

Added Navigate HOME feature to the Route Menu. Also added 'FIND FIND' keypress sequence to activate this feature.

Added more options to the Custom Map Tab Setup configuration choices.

Added the ability to preview Saved Routes.

Added user-preference adjustment based on road classes.

Corrected a problem that occurred when using Other Time Zone with Auto Daylight Savings Time, and added additional time zones.

Improved map enable/disable interface by allowing maps to be grouped by product family.

Street Pilot 2650 only: Improved Interface Options Tab to include current measured odometer pulse rate, as well as current measured reverse light state.

Hey, very cool, thanks for posting this.

I came here to read what users have to say about the 60c and I read this thread because I own a 2610. I downloaded the new firmware and it changed the appearance quite a bit. Not only the POI icons but it looks like it beefed up the look of the roads and the cursor too. I enabled WAAS so I will get to play with that tomorrow but I don't think it will make much of a difference since it locks on the road anyway.

I think I will have to be moving to try some of the other features on it but will look at some of those tomorrow too.

I'm fired up. All they need to do now is add unlimited waypoints by allowing you to store them on the CF card. I don't know programing but I see no reason why they couldn't do that in firmware.

Anyway, this is a pretty exciting start, thanks again.

Oh yeah, I love my 2610 :lol:

yes the appearance looks much more polished - very nice indeed. I've already tried setting area avoids and road avoids - very cool.

multiple vias and automatic reordering is a very nice feature too.

now if i could just get some proximity waypoints added to the 2610 then I'd be completely happy.

go to the satellite status page (gps) and press menu - there you will find the enable waas setting.

will it make much of a difference to onroad navigation? no probably not. with lock to roads it's a bit irrelevant. i think it was put in because everyone wants waas-compatible units - even if the benefits are not significant.

fyi garmin betas are usually quite stable. i haven't noticed anything unusual yet although it's only been on my sp since earlier this evening...

Well I thought I was excited about the new look with the "beefy-er" roads but after driving to a clients office today I realized how muddied the screen looks now with the roads the way they are. Not clean at all.

What do y'all think about that? I'm refering to the paved resedential roads.

i like.

You like the cluttered look? Personally I like the hi-res look and thats why I went with my gps V over a Meri Plat, because I liked the screen on the V over the Plat. Well the 2610 was something of a hi-res machine until this so called "upgrade". I like the new icons but not the added pixels to the side streets.

Zoom your screen out to .8 miles with the detail set to Most and tell me what you think? I rather see street names vs. the actual streets all blended into one another.

I just sent the following to Garmin via email but wanted to check if anyone here is experiencing this issue with the new firmware.

I just downloaded 2.95beta version and wanted to make you aware of an issue with it.

When navigating a route from one point to an address the unit no longer allows you to change the route preference. When you select recalculate route it no longer gives you the option to choose whether you want faster, shorter or off road. This worked before, now all it does is just recalculates without asking preference. I do have the option selected to ask for preference in the setup menu so thats not the issue. Again, this worked fine before the update but not after.

You may be aware of this already but if not and I can help further please let me know.

Thank you