Palmsource Conference

TresOkies

PalmSource aren't my favourite company at the moment - as they have just announced that they will be dropping Mac support from future versions of the Palm OS.

If that's the case, then maybe the guys behind Missing Sync can do for the new Palm OS units what they did for Sony (which never did have inherent Mac support).

PalmSource aren't my favourite company at the moment - as they have just announced that they will be dropping Mac support from future versions of the Palm OS.

I wouldn't get too worked up about that. Reporters need things to write about, whether they get the details right or not. :unsure: Your Palm device and your Mac will continue to work together, it's just a matter of where you get the software to do it.

-E

Good to know...

I know about the Missing Sync, and if this were to come bundled with new PalmOS PDAs then that would be fine. In fact I don't use Palm Desktop as I use iSync to sync my Mac's PIM stuff with my Palm - but this still needs the Hotsync Manager and Install Tool so ideally these things would remain.

JeremyA

Grrrrr.

JeremyA

I'm not a Mac user, but this has got to be the stupidest move that I have seen by a software company that I have seen in a long time!

I'm not a Mac user, but this has got to be the stupidest move that I have seen by a software company that I have seen in a long time!

Oh, I'm sure I could point to hundreds of stupider moves by our friends in Redmond. ;) Seriously, there is more to this story than has been reported. The details will come out at some point in the future.