International Travel Bug Race

Divine

I got this by email from a fellow geocacher; they're looking for participants from around the world to a Travel Bug race. If you're interested, you can contact them via the cache page.

hey there ...

i am writing this to see if you were interested in joining our MLB travel bug race that starts in 3 weeks.

of course, its completely free. look at waypoint GCHG9T if interested and let me know.

if not, perhaps you may have a friend(s) that may be interested in it. if so, please pass this along to them.

sorry to have bothered you with this email - i am just trying to get as many racers from around the world entered into the race. its going to be a fun race and its never been done before. if this goes as well as planned, we will be having the football stadium race come spring time.

thanks for your time,

best,

corey

Team PEZ

He's been spamming with same email probably hundreds (or thousands) geocachers throughout the world...

Ok, I did a forum search and noticed that some people have indeed considered it as spam. However, I got the message only once, and I really don't know if they've used any mass posting means to mail about their race. It came from Gc.com, and unless they have found a loophole, they must have posted all their emails one by one. I really don't consider it much worse than the occasional Where's in a Name queries I have got.

Granted, maybe they should have just posted about their race only in the forums (they did in the TB forum), but the way it seems now, it's hardly spam to me.

They sent three bugs to our race, and asked if we wanted to join their race. I have read on either one of the norwegian or the danish forum about this also.

We have sent perhaps 10-15 mail sometimes about event, but that has been like "Hi, I have seen that you are not so active right now, so you might have missed that there is an geocaching event on friday in Göteborg..." to some nearby cachers, but I don't consider that to be spam.

But sending mail to hundreds of people are not okay, according to my opinion.