Look At This For A Night Time Cache!!!

How about one of these  B)  Bad Boys :D  for a night time cache...I think it "Rocks"...I just hope they can ship it north for a decent price!...I have sooooo many ideas where I could use it...I wonder how long the battery lasts :D

Nevermind, I didn't read you post well enough. It's that ADHD thing again.

Edited by JMBella
How about one of these  B)  Bad Boys :D  (Search "glowstone")for a night time cache...I think it "Rocks"...I just hope they can ship it north for a decent price!...I have sooooo many ideas where I could use it...I wonder how long the battery lasts :D

With a realistic granite finish, these could provide some great possibilities for night caches! The 4 C batteries should last for several months.

Also found another source: GlowStone

Edited by greengecko

I "googled" some more info

The Glowstone™ lights up for a user-adjustable 5 - 30 seconds as its built-in motion detector senses you passing. Advanced circuitry ensures that the Glowstone™ can be used anywhere and is only activated at night. Its granite finish looks real and seamlessly blends into any environment. Batteries last up to 6 months. Use Glowstone™ to light your path, as an accent light, or just to impress your friends and neighbors.

I like the 6 month battery life thing

How about one of these :DBad Boys :D (Search "glowstone")for a night time cache...I think it "Rocks"...I just hope they can ship it north for a decent price!...I have sooooo many ideas where I could use it...I wonder how long the battery lasts B)

I followed that link and got

"Sorry, this item has been discontinued and is no longer available."

That's a cool idea for a cache. Depending on how it's setup and which direction the 'eye' is pointing, you could literally be standing right next to it and not know if it didn't glow. Only approaching from a certain angle will trigger the eye and reveal itself. From there, either an etched set of coordinates on the bottom, a label or epoxy-applied metal plate with coordinates could lead you to a second/third/fourth location.

they're not exactly cheap tho, are they. problem is, the thing you would want to do is a series of stones that leads you somewhere. These might be neat in conjunction with a firetack cache trail - follow firetacks and at some point a glowstone is part of it somehow.

How about one of these  <_<  Bad Boys :D  (Search "glowstone")for a night time cache...I think it "Rocks"...I just hope they can ship it north for a decent price!...I have sooooo many ideas where I could use it...I wonder how long the battery lasts :D

With a realistic granite finish, these could provide some great possibilities for night caches! The 4 C batteries should last for several months.

Also found another source: GlowStone

I ordered a couple on Sunday night and they arrived at the house on Tuesday. They actually have a hollow shell with a removable bottom panel. They should handle the weather as long as they are not in an area that floods. The motion detector is directional so it can be aimed. It detects motion up to about 10-15 feet away. The cost was $19.99 each plus a few bucks for shipping.

Edited by greengecko