Will Upinyachit Always Be The Bad Guy?

How come when someone makes a mistake, they never hear the end of it? B)

Have all of you forgotten all the great posts or the helpful ones we made? :grin: Or all the great caches we have hidden. :lol: Or all the people I have told about this website? :lol:

I have kids that do reports about geocaching. Some of the kids' teachers know all about the game now. :D

Do I get any credit for that? :D

Let's try being a little more positive about Upinyachit instead of always looking for the bad. B)

Sticks n stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me! :mad:

D

One of your biggest problems is your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde posting history. Less than 10 days ago you posted on another forum how bad this site is. Now you are here again stirring things up in that same Jekyll/Hyde manner. As you can tell, people don't like that type of posting.

Another thing is that people just remember the bad stuff more. The moderators have to worry about the same thing. We walk on eggshells a bit because each error is remembered. You don't seem to care and continue to provoke until you are warned again and then Dr. Jekyll takes over for a short time. The endless cycle is getting old.

Every can have a "bad day" once in a while. When every day is bad, you need to take a step back and ask yourself "why?"

Why? Because that's the way it is sometimes:

Most Lightning Strikes Survived

The only man to be struck by lightning seven times was park ranger Roy C Sullivan, the "human lightning conductor", of Virginia, USA. In his lightning encounters from 1942 to 1977, Roy had his hair set alight, lost his big toe nail and eyebrows, and suffered injuries to his arms, legs, chest, and stomach. In September 1983 he killed himself, reportedly rejected in love.

yeah, but your name is 'a reflection of that', we are upinyachit.

Hmmm, interesting...

For cryin' out loud.....get over yourself.

Every can have a "bad day" once in a while. When every day is bad, you need to take a step back and ask yourself "why?"

With responses like this in the gc forums, you guys make me want to commit real suicide. Then maybe my wife could sue Groundspeak....Hmmm intersesting

I wouldn't dare do such a thing but people should watch out for other geocachers feelers. Like calling them losers and stuff.

B):D:D

I was going to leave this alone, up untill the comment about other's feelings. It would be nice if people were polite to each other all the time, but ultimately, people are responsible for their own feelings. If you don't like the way you are being treated, quit communicating with the people that are treating you that way. The other option is to suck it up and deal with it. The damage is probably already done. There is a long road ahead of you if you wish to be respected in this forum. There will always be people who remember everything. Even if you stopped posting for a year or so, there will still be people here that remember the recent events. It's fine to be opinionated, but in daily conversation with friends and colleagues, most of us bite our tongue about a lot of things. This makes it easier to get along. If you wish to express opinions here, be prepared to have people form opinions about you based upon your posts. Everything you write shapes the way people percieve you. If you're uncomfortable with people disliking you or your opinions, don't post any opinions. You can't ever please everyone.

EDIT: After reading this post, it sounds kind of harsh. It's ot necessarily how I feel about anyone in particular, just my perceptions based on my (limited) forum experience. Take it how you will.

Edited by Bloencustoms

With responses like this in the gc forums, you guys make me want to commit real suicide. Then maybe my wife could sue Groundspeak....Hmmm intersesting

I wouldn't dare do such a thing but people should watch out for other geocachers feelers. Like calling them losers and stuff.

That's not what I meant. You seem to have a bad day everytime you come in here and "stir the pot". Why do you keep stirring?

...With responses like this in the gc forums, you guys make me want to commit real suicide. Then maybe my wife could sue Groundspeak....Hmmm intersesting

Wow. Just remember; if you do that and change your mind later, you can't come back to haunt us again IRL.

Seriously, you clearly need professional help, before you do something real on a hot impule and leave your loved ones to deal with the fallout. Get help. You need it.

You seem to have a bad day everytime you come in here and "stir the pot". Why do you keep stirring?

What? B) Like he's the only one who pot stirs? :D Maybe some of this stuff would scroll off the page unresponded to but oh no.......some here have to respond to every nuance and even start other related threads. :D

What?  Like he's the only one who pot stirs?  Maybe some of this stuff would scroll off the page unresponded to but oh no.......some here have to respond to every nuance and even start other related threads. 

very smart you are...........lololololol B)

P.S. thanks for all the attention

D :D

One of your biggest problems is your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde posting history. Less than 10 days ago you posted on another forum how bad this site is. Now you are here again stirring things up in that same Jekyll/Hyde manner. As you can tell, people don't like that type of posting.

I agree with this also.

I havent been a member here for very long, but I read the message boards at least once a day. Many of your posts are very lighthearted and funny, and your clown avatar (which i see is now an a**) reflected your sense of humor.

It seemed quite often though, you would post threads that were very vocal in bashing this site, the rules, and the mods. I don't always agree with the rules either, but they have been made for specific reasons, and if we are to all get along, I think we should follow them.

I dont agree with MANY of society's rules and laws, but I follow them to help keep peace.

Anyways, you seem like a nice enough person, and I don't really feel like I unfairly judge you, but sometimes, I would rather not see similar posts about how everything sucks. I know I could just not read them, but I gotta keep with the current events.

Anyway, I hope you figure everything out. :D

For cryin' out loud.....get over yourself.

Wow...this is the first time I've ever responded to one of your threads...it's not even a complete sentence and yet it's enough to send you over the levee. Who'd a thunk it?

Bret (it's not about me)

How come when someone makes a mistake, they never hear the end of it? :D

I have no problem with someone that makes an occassional mistake. I do however have problems with people that continue to make the same mistakes over and over after they have been shown their errors.

El Diablo

You seem to have a bad day everytime you come in here and "stir the pot". Why do you keep stirring?

What? B) Like he's the only one who pot stirs? :D Maybe some of this stuff would scroll off the page unresponded to but oh no.......some here have to respond to every nuance and even start other related threads. :D

Lots of people come in here to stir the pot. Upinyachit is one of the few that get dizzy while doing so.

To reply to the header of this post I would have to say yes

My time on here has been limited and short but in that short time my first impression of umm not nessciarily you but your actions on this site is a poor one. After cutting you some slack and checking your post history, that hasn't changed.

I'm not looking to wade into a flame war, which appears most of your posting ends up. You asked, I answered. I'll leave it at that. I don't reply to PM's as I have a feeling, by posting here, you'll want to take it

I have to ask however, why do you refer to yourself in the third person? Or am I misreading something there?

ps: do you think this post was another mistake? Are you not putting yourself back at square one as being the bad guy?

Sincerely, GeoEx

I have to ask however, why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

What?????

How come when someone makes a mistake, they never hear the end of it?

ps: do you think this post was another mistake? Are you not putting yourself back at square one as being the bad guy?

P.S. you don't even know what mistake I am talking about........lol

DUH

And you seam to keep changing your avatar!!

Yeah, I noticed that also. Now my previous post doesn't make sense!

This is fun huh? You seem to keep posting............LOL

I really dont mind. I'm having fun! You can be hilarious when you want to be! It's always cool to have a funny poster, with witty remarks.

I don't really have a problem with you, but sometimes it just seems like you want to make trouble just because. :D

Edited by SBPhishy
Let's try being a little more positive about Upinyachit instead of always looking for the bad. :D

Hip Hip Horay!! Upinyachit's here B)B)

Ok, but really, how are you? Done any fun caching recently? Anything else new?(and avoid anything about the approvers or MODs please :D )

Perhaps if you got away from your computer and actually did some caching instead of complaining and whining about Geocaching.com and it's approvers you'd be happier.

Caching is just a game. It's supposed to get you outside and get some exercise. Exercise give you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. B)

Complaining just makes you and everyone else miserable. :D

Happy caching and stuff! :D

Edited by Geo Ho
Have all of you forgotten all the great posts or the helpful ones we made?

Just 'cause Mopar is bored, Mopar started reading all of Upinyachit's posts. Mopar had to go back thru more then 6 pages of suicides, slams at other users, mods, and this site, and several hundred "LOL!"'s to get to Upinyachit's last somewhat helpful post. Back in October 2003, he told someone that they make special pencil sharpeners for square carpenter's pencils. Mopar is SURE there must be tons of other helpful posts, because Upinyachit tells the geocaching family at least once a week how great and helpful Upinyachit is, but Mopar hasn't found them yet.

Have all of you forgotten all the great posts or the helpful ones we made?

Just 'cause Mopar is bored, Mopar started reading all of Upinyachit's posts. Mopar had to go back thru more then 6 pages of suicides, slams at other users, mods, and this site, and several hundred "LOL!"'s to get to Upinyachit's last somewhat helpful post. Back in October 2003, he told someone that they make special pencil sharpeners for square carpenter's pencils. Mopar is SURE there must be tons of other helpful posts, because Upinyachit tells the geocaching family at least once a week how great and helpful Upinyachit is, but Mopar hasn't found them yet.

Exactly!! LOL

People tend to view others based on behavior and treat them in accordance with that view. Not always, but usually. If you feel you are viewed or treated as a "bad guy," then your behavior in most cases will be the cause of it. So, if you don't want to be viewed that way, look at your behavior and figure out why people see you the way that they do. If you don't wish to change that, then it is really not worth it to complain about how people view you. Thier perceptions will not change and complaining will reinforce those perceptions.

You are who you are. People will view you accordingly. Whether you want to change things is up to you. That is your own decision. But you can't change what other people think without giving them a reason to do so. Even then, past behavior would affect things, so it takes time.

Basically people are generally free to act in certain ways, but I'm a firm believer in people recognizing that their actions have effects. Don't like the effect? Well, change the behavior or live with the reactions. Mostly know that you can't likely change the reactions without making a change yourself.

How many threads like this do we need before someone gets the hint?

I don't think I will be the one locking this one though because of flames and name calling. It just seems to me that some ask for it!

My best advice would be to lay low for a while and lurk a bit, but hey, what do I know.

How come when someone makes a mistake, they never hear the end of it? :D

Have all of you forgotten all the great posts or the helpful ones we made? :grin: Or all the great caches we have hidden. :huh: Or all the people I have told about this website? :lol:

I have kids that do reports about geocaching. Some of the kids' teachers know all about the game now. :D

Do I get any credit for that? :lol:

Let's try being a little more positive about Upinyachit instead of always looking for the bad. B)

Sticks n stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me! :mad:

D

I have not read any responses to this post before I am writing this. I'm sure the majority of them are along the same lines as what I'm going to say. I'll read them when I'm done with this post.

Duane, it's time to quit acting like you are always the victim. What is your problem? Don't you enjoy just having fun and educating people in the forums? Why do you always seem to purposely get yourself in trouble, then expect the rest of us to pity you and support your views that you are being picked on? You are asking for everything that you have received. There was a brief time when I enjoyed reading your posts and interacting with you, but that time is now gone.

I have no proof that you've ever done anything good to promote geocaching or the gc.com site, it's employees, or it's members. I do, however, have more than enough proof to show that you take every opportunity you can to degrade the experience for anyone around you that happens to come upon a thread that you either posted negatively in, or started yourself to complain about the poor treatment you have received. It's not working. Give it up.

Johnny Stalkers said it several times, and I'll echo it. Don't go away mad, Duane....just go away. Everyone is sick and tired of your BS. Aren't you? You truly need to find another outlet for your inner insecurities, or at best, seek professional counseling for them.

Just give it up, Duane. Nobody cares but you. I have never seen any evidence that you have been mistreated, on the contrary, I've seen many times when you were let off easy by the mods.

Log off and don't come back. You're annoying those of us who are here for the good of the game. B)

Since you asked, I am going to say YES.

Here in cyberspace, we only know you(or anyone for that matter) by what has been posted. Some we know to take seriously due to solid comments and sound advice. Some we know to take with the occasional grain of salt, and some we know to never take seriously and to ignore at all costs.

The constant stiring of the pot seems to be a feature of these forums, though with many here it's often entertaining. Upinyachit, I'm afraid that you seem to be doing it more for attention than anything else. If you crave attention so desperatly, go get a dog and a ball to throw, and quit stiring the pot.

I don't mean to start a flame war, but you did ask....

Some women are just dadgum good looking and (their good looks) will pretty much earn then any kind of forgiveness they want.

Others will have to make a bunch of useful posts that contribute to the forums for some time before the orignal colors wear off and we all see the new person.

I only see one viable option.

(Comment in parenthesis modified by mtn-man)

Edited by mtn-man