The Greater Wichita Area Cache Machine

Darkmoon

There are a few of us cachers from Oklahoma City and Tulsa that are planning a trip to Wichita , Kansas to do as many caches as possible! Looking like around 10 to 12 people so far but who knows? The date is set for February the 21st and we are leaving in the wee hours of the morning in a geo convoy to come up, cache, cache, cache and then leave at night to head back home! Any quick and fun caches that any Wichitians would recommend? Any suggestions? It is promising to be a fun and very entertaining time. I will keep you all posted!

Darkmoon

Oh yes, we are avoiding the ones that say are easy to let the muggles discover so our group will not give it away!

Yea, come on, you know you are going just becuase I can't go. You want to get those numbers up because I have more finds than you. Confess you evil man confess!

I'll permit you to go ahead and go on one condition. Save me a copy of the route you guys use so I can complete it later this spring.

So are me and you going to team up to hit either Black Mesa or Dallas in March?

Yea, come on, you know you are going just becuase I can't go. You want to get those numbers up because I have more finds than you. Confess you evil man confess!

I'll permit you to go ahead and go on one condition. Save me a copy of the route you guys use so I can complete it later this spring.

So are me and you going to team up to hit either Black Mesa or Dallas in March?

Man, you are on to my madness, I thought that I could surprise you with a new jump on the leaderboard! B) No problem, I will save you the route and yes, tell me when and I will be there on the road trip to Black Mesa! Oh yeah, I think you still owe us some Stew from last weekend! :unsure:

Darkmoon

Great Wichita Cache Machine declared a success!!!!!

Thanks to Darkmoon for putting this together. It was great and I had a wonderful time meeting some other cachers from the great state of OKLAHOMA. 32 caches in one day. Some really nice, some very weak. There were a couple of the virtuals that were really lame. But the virtuals in Downtown Wichita were great. Still a lot more to do in Wichita, but they will have to wait.... at least until I get these 32 logged in. LOL...

kfishok

Great Wichita Cache Machine declared a success!!!!!

Thanks to Darkmoon for putting this together. It was great and I had a wonderful time meeting some other cachers from the great state of OKLAHOMA. 32 caches in one day. Some really nice, some very weak. There were a couple of the virtuals that were really lame. But the virtuals in Downtown Wichita were great. Still a lot more to do in Wichita, but they will have to wait.... at least until I get these 32 logged in. LOL...

kfishok

Glad you guys enjoyed our little flat spot to the north......I agree, there are a lot of lame virtuals here, but hey, this is Kansas.....we're all a bit lame, when it comes right down to it! :P I see you hit the Swanson Park caches....those were some of my first finds, and yeah, I never even knew the park was there, and have lived within 20 miles of it all my life......Congrats on a successful cache raid, err...machine! :P

Thanks Sparky, I really wanted to meet up with you but as always, my computer went on the fritz and I never got to email you! Yes, it was a sucess and a lot of fun to boot! Found 32 caches and 1 DNF, and had quite the adventure! One of our group stayed in town overnight and finished up the list, ending up with 51 caches over the weekend! Bloodhoundgrl gets the iron geocaching medal from me for doing that and she is basically someone new in the caching scene! We finished up a few caches at night as we are prepared night cachers here in Oklahoma and had a blast. So if any reports of strange lights in the woods and cemetaries, it was just us. Oh yes, I really enjoyed the caches in Swanson Park, they were really great! Also , I saw a sign in Wichita at the local park that said pesticide free...is the park empty during the summer :unsure: ! Too many bugs! Anyway thanks for all the great Kansas caches and you all are invited to come down and sample our caches!

And in a couple of months, we are going to do a 24 hr caching marathon to see how many caches we can find in one total day...it should be fun!

Darkmoon