Quit Picking On The Mods!

We've all done it. Picking on the mods was pretty popular at one time... like, 6 months ago! Wake up! Get with the program! It's time that we all realize that they are volunteers.

If you have a problem with how the site is run, send an email to those that make the rules. The mods are here to enforce them. Why? They chose to do so for different reasons, it shouldn't matter to us.

We choose to hang out here (some more than others) and we should abide by their rules. We can change the rules to some extent, just make a suggestion in the Geocaching.com Discussion forum. That one is there for site issues and the chief rule-makers read it frequently.

Leave the volunteers alone, they don't deserve the abuse.

At the risk of appearing to join Saxmans blatant brown nosing and general booty kissing, I have to say, RIGHT ON. I think your comments are just smurfy.

We all have a little bit of the rebel in us. It is a rare that I get through a day without having to entertain a series of thoughts from my inner teenager. It seems some of our inner teens still have acne and a bullhorn. It is shameful and embarrassing to watch someone in our community behave this way. I am all about sticking it to the man, but unprovoked personal attacks against a volunteer, a giving and responsible member of the Geo-community is childish and absurd.

I've said it before, Duane. Don't go away mad, just go away.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled clown bashing.

I actually like the mods. They seem to do a fine job with everything. The rules in general are very well thought out, and I agree with 99% of them. The approvers always approve my caches within a few hours, and are very nice.

I also thought that Upinyachit was leaving for good. I actually took his "suicide" note seriously. (I was kind of glad... but don't tell them I said that...) :P

[...] We can change the rules to some extent, just make a suggestion in the Geocaching.com Discussion forum. That one is there for site issues and the chief rule-makers read it frequently. [...]

Actually, Geocaching.com Discussion forum is for technical issues with the website - reporting bugs or submitting feature requests. Threads discussing policies and rules will be probably promptly closed there.

:P Go out to play in the snow for one afternoon, and come back to see the post about CO Admin. Man, that's pretty low if I do say so. Mods have feelings like everyone else, and they help keep this site running... Not cool.. If someone has a problem with a mod, there is a chain of command. Use it!! Threads are the wrong place to hang dirty laundry.

I've said it before, Duane.  Don't go away mad, just go away.

Hahahaha, That coming from a n00b. ;):D:D:DB)

J/K Johnnie and all. :D

I do have to agree though that the mods suck. :D

But, ummmm.....oh, never mind.... :D

Right on, smurf-boy! If anyone should be bashed in the forums, it's me! What gives the mods the right to take all the bashing? :P Don't they know I have feelings, too, and I may want to be bashed from time to time? How dare they take all the bashing and keep it to themselves! :P I have feelings, and I want them to be hurt, just like the next guy! I wanna be told I'm a jerk, and don't post anything worthwhile! I want to be constantly reminded by Harr...err, other people that I have waaaay more posts than finds! It's not fair, I tell you, it's just not fair! Ooooo, they're moderators , they're so special...they get all the bashing, and I don't get any!

Stupid mods.....selfish, bash hoarding mods.....man.....what? What do you mean I missed the point? Not again?!?!?

Never mind...... :P

From what I have seen within these forums the Mods are doing a good job of monitoring things as well as performing a volunteer service in what appears at times to be unappreciated. My posts are few compared to many of you but it is about 15 of you that keep me coming back. I have tried to be helpful in some of my post and most probably fall within the realm of "Abject Silliness" but so far that has seemed to be acceptable.

The day I am found to be out of line and my warning meter gets zapped I will learn from the experience and move on unlike a few unnamed souls who I am pleased to see from their profiles do not live anywhere near me.

So enough of this babble. All I have left to say is thanks especially to the Mods and also to those of you who keep me coming back.

I ocassionally read the navicache forums for kicks when a new message is posted every six months and how its all about the money, lets see them try to run GC.com for free but anyway regarding the poster in person. I notice many of you switch between boards so you guys already know what kind of person upinyachit is over there. So here a few links to his post over that show his tur feelings about Jeremy, admins, us, and these forums.

Bad MouthingGc.com

Here he says he will never come bak to Navicache again because of someones signature, but he has definitely been back since this post.

You dont have to register with navi to see these posts either. So see for yourselfs.

And you admins, Keep Up The Good Work!!!!!!

Edited by Amazingracer
At the risk of appearing to join Saxmans blatant brown nosing and general booty kissing, I have to say, RIGHT ON.  I think your comments are just smurfy.

It's called "blue-nosing" around here :P

Threads discussing policies and rules will be probably promptly closed there.

It depends on how you ask. If you start your thread by just ranting about something, it will probably be closed.

Why not just post this under the thread you were talking about?

I'm not talking about one particular thread or poster. You might assume that I am picking on Upinyachit, but he is only today's PITA.

First of all, if I'm ever in trouble and it happens, CO_Admin is normally the one who pulled the plug, set the warning meter, and put my butt in the forum penalty box.

To say CO_Admin and I don't always see eye to eye would be an understatement. You can bet we will continue to disagree and butt heads.

Having said that I'll say this:

CO_Admin is gold. This site is lucky to have him. He is loyal and willing to learn from his mistakes. He puts in countless hours all for the privilege of butting heads with people like me. When it comes to this site and geoaching whether or not you are a fan, his heart is in the right place, and that’s why he’s willing to learn and change as this site figures out what it’s going to be when it grows up. This is no easy task. Without people like CO_Admin this site would still be in the stone ages.

Edit, can't spell.

Edited by Renegade Knight
I ocassionally read the navicache forums (...) So here a few links to his post over that show his tur feelings about Jeremy, admins, us, and these forums.

Bad MouthingGc.com

Here he says he will never come bak to Navicache again because of someones signature, but he has definitely been back since this post....

Maybe I missed it but I don't those links have anything to do with how upinyachit "really feels". Both links go to the same thread in which He's freaking out because he thinks people are reading their computers IP address. So?? ;):P

It depends on how you ask. If you start your thread by just ranting about something, it will probably be closed.

See this thread (IMHO started with a polite request) or search gc.com forum for "policy" to see why threads were closed/moved. Maybe a new forum for rules discussion would be handy, but what would be left in General...uhm...Geocaching Topics forum then?

See this thread (IMHO started with a polite request) or search gc.com forum for "policy" to see why threads were closed/moved. Maybe a new forum for rules discussion would be handy, but what would be left in General...uhm...Geocaching Topics forum then?

Geocaching Topics is the forum for things that aren't about Travel Bugs, Benchmarks, the Website, etc. Things that "don't fit anywhere else" (but are still related to Geocaching).

The mods didn't decide this, TPTB did. The mods are only enforcing the rules handed down by TPTB. If you have a suggestion that has to do with the rules around here, you might be better off emailing TPTB instead of starting a thread that could be construed as an attack on the mods.

I have to agree withthe smurfy one on this. People have been bashing the mods for too long. When mods were first introduced, it should have been expected that some people were going to protest by pushing the mods just to see where they would draw the lines.

Enough is enough, grow up, and move on. If you do not like the way the mods do their job, you might need to think TWICE before you post.

when i had my dog, i always wondered about breathing air that had been in her lungs. just another weird way my mind works i guess. ;) off topic i know, but why does a 15 pound dog need all of a queen size bed except the 12 inches you are scrunched up in, in the morning? back on topic, i like the mods. for all the crap they take, very rarely do they get testy. i usually deserve it when they do. :P

I once picked up a modem at a store; picked up moderation after a hangover; picked apart a piece of modern art; pickled a modern variety of vegetable; picked a new gramatical modifier; picked at my synthesizer modulator, and; picked up a new modus operandi.

I don't think I have picked on any mods (at least not in a mean way). I like them too much to do that. :P

Let's just pick on Sparky (in moderation) instead. He did volunteer!

I have to agree withthe smurfy one on this.  People have been bashing the mods for too long.  When mods were first introduced, it should have been expected that some people were going to protest by pushing the mods just to see where they would draw the lines.

Enough is enough, grow up, and move on.  If you do not like the way the mods do their job, you might need to think TWICE before you post.

Thanks, Tecmage. I admit I was one of those that didn't like the "new guard". I pushed the limits once or twice (a day) :P It's obvious the mods aren't going away, why not try to work with them?

I once picked up a modem at a store; picked up moderation after a hangover; picked apart a piece of modern art; pickled a modern variety of vegetable; picked a new gramatical modifier; picked at my synthesizer modulator, and; picked up a new modus operandi.

I don't think I have picked on any mods (at least not in a mean way). I like them too much to do that. ;)

Let's just pick on Sparky (in moderation) instead. He did volunteer!

Ahh, Pika... you're a model poster! :P

I ocassionally read the navicache forums for kicks when a new message is posted every six months and how its all about the money, lets see them try to run GC.com for free but anyway regarding the poster in person. I notice many of you switch between boards so you guys already know what kind of person upinyachit is over there. So here a few links to his post over that show his tur feelings about Jeremy, admins, us, and these forums.

Bad MouthingGc.com

Here he says he will never come bak to Navicache again because of someones signature, but he has definitely been back since this post.

You dont have to register with navi to see these posts either. So see for yourselfs.

And you admins, Keep Up The Good Work!!!!!!

Ever hear about Darwin's theory of Natural Selection?

My bad guys it was late and I was tired when I posted my last message and butchered the URL's. Here ya go:

G.C. Forums..... They are a joke!!! This is his anti- Jeremy, admin, mods, us attack.

The other link was to a post over someones signature line but anyway the point was that he said:

I am really upset and will probably never come to this site again.

And he is definitely alive and kicking over there.

Edited by Amazingracer
I am really upset and will probably never come to this site again.

That's dirty..........

For the record, Duane is in no way committing geocide, as you all put it. (That's funny!) The other post in which you are referring to with the picture of the jackass was because we didn't get "the joke" that we thought was directed towards us when in fact it was played on whom ever saw it, only we didn't realize it. (Did you get that? LOL) We were ready to toss our tower right out the window! Duane and I both fell for it, therefore, we were portraying our "a**" and acknowledging our mistake.

Duh :D

P.S. Upinyachit's Biography Next B)

Yes, lets have a little history of the forums for UPINYA. I think I remember.

Gets mad about his IP on Navicache and threatens to quit there. Complains about it here.

Realizes he was wrong and goes back normal posting.

After being asked to follow the guidelines Duane goes nuts and starts opening as many nonsense threads as possible. They get closed, he gets mad.

Duane opens more threads, that are unrelated to geocaching and they get closed. Eventually he gets mad over and internet cost thread and quits. Says he is taking his family away from caching, removing his caches here and never coming back.

A few days later his wife tries to apologize for Duane's mistake but really just ends up calling the geo community butt heads.

A few days later Duane starts posting again, this time with threats to steal travel bugs.

So about a month of relative tranquility, except for that subdigo guy, and now Duane is back stirring gravy. Why? Because thats what he does and who he is.

I think thats it, maybe I missed some of it before the IP thing. I am just a noob.

Duane I have teased you, insulted you, challenged you, mocked you and put you down. I don't think you ave EVER responded to a single word I have said. I have been a complete and total A** to you, in particular, and you don't respond at all. Yet you have never publicly shown any evidence that CO Admin or anyone else at GC treats you unfairly. You just cry about it and threaten people.

How about instead of picking on someone who has a job to do, one they volunteer for, you fight the obvious fight? The one with ALL the cachers who despise your behavior, the ones who publicly denounce your antics and insults. Here I am, calling you a JAckA**, why do you keep picking on someone who isn't interested when there are DOZENS of people willing to flame war with you? What are ya, Yella? :D

If you have a suggestion that has to do with the rules around here, you might be better off emailing TPTB instead of starting a thread that could be construed as an attack on the mods.

I disagree. One of the purposes of these forums is to discuss such pertinent issues as the rules and guidelines, and the implementation and interpretation of those rules and guidelines. On many past occasions, Jeremy has stated that the general forum is the place to discuss precisely those issues.

It seems to me that practically every time a moderator's name is mentioned (and regardless of the topic or tone of the post), two types of responses will invariably derail the thread: Those saying "don't attack the mod" or "stop brown-nosing the mod."

Drop it. I think the moderators have the tools and are empowered to fend for themselves. So perhaps the person I quoted can spare us threads like this one by just PMing his moral support directly to the moderator he wishes to curry favor with.

Who really needs to read threads like Dwayne's or the several rebuttal threads (like this one) it spawned? Is controversy (actual or manufactured and manipulated) the reason for these forums?

Edited by BassoonPilot
My wife and family members have all asked why I go to Geocaching.com all the time and talk ^%$#.  Well, some think I like the negative attention I receive over there.  But honestly I have no idea why I am a geo-nut. If they were smart, though, they would just ignore me, but they just keep feeding, right into my hand.  If this is wrong, then I am guilty.  I might be a legend in my own mind, but what's wrong with that.......

?????????????

Yet you have never publicly shown any evidence that CO Admin or anyone else at GC treats you unfairly

That wouldn't be to mature would it? But I did send him this on 2-4-2004

I was talking to a member and was unaware that you might have a major sickness. If this is true, I am sorry for anything that may have offended you. I was totally unaware of the situation. my attitude to wards you and this site will improve. I have already edited a few logs, that was uncalled for. I thought this was just a game, but when it comes down to a persons health it's not. I assumed in chat that you took pills for other reasons.

D

He hasn't responded back after three or four pm's either? :D and I still don't have the answer to the original topic...........

B)

D

Yet you have never publicly shown any evidence that CO Admin or anyone else at GC treats you unfairly

He hasn't responded back after three or four pm's either? B) and I still don't have the answer to the original topic...........

:D

D

Maturity? :grin:B):lol::D

He hasn't responded back after three or four pm's either? :lol:  and I still don't have the answer to the original topic...........

I wouldn't respond to such a rhetorical question either.

Ok lets see some upinyachit maturity:

G.C. forums are a freaken joke.  We all know it's all about the money.  The membership fee, the geo coins, the geo stickers,

the geo fleece; all these items make money.  So when someone like Upinyachit makes disgruntled posts, they freak out, just because I might jeopardize something of theirs.  I can't believe for two years I tried to promote Navicache, and spread the word. Now that I think about it, that was stupid thing to try to do.  It didn't work. 

It is a privledge to find out about Navicache, and to find a navi-cache. You don't have to worry about geotrash if the cache was just listed here.  Some of the adminstrators over there are so fake, too, and try way too hard to get browny points from JEREMY.  I get modded for a dorito big girl, but some members provide links to extreme and offensive language like this one and nothing happens.

My wife and family members have all asked why I go to Geocaching.com all the time and talk ^%$#.  Well, some think I like the negative attention I receive over there.  But honestly I have no idea why I am a geo-nut. If they were smart, though, they would just ignore me, but they just keep feeding, right into my hand.  If this is wrong, then I am guilty.  I might be a legend in my own mind, but what's wrong with that.......

Posted: Jan. 30 2004,8:29 pm by upinyachit "www.navicache.com"

:DB):D Oops, that wasnt it.

Edited by Amazingracer
when there are DOZENS of people willing to flame war with you?

Flaming someone/anyone here is not tolerated and the personal attacks are un-called for. I'm locking this thread now so that it can sink to the bottom with the rest of the flame threads from the past day or so.

Although its hard to do at times and we all need to vent please keep things civil here.