Co Admin

Upinyachit wants to know who makes up the guidelines for this site. You have said this to me and plenty others. (The guidelines states) Could you please maybe make up an autobiography about yourself. You always seem to have an opinion

and you always seem to know when to close a topic. So do you cache, do you know a whole lot about computers, why did you volunteer for this job, Have you met Jeremy Irish personally. These are just some of the questions the geocaching family would like to know. I think it would clear up a lot of miscommunication between a few members. Thanks :P

D ;)

What's CO Admin got to do with the guidelines, other then applying them to the caches he reviews?

They are listed on the website, hell you have to agree you read them before you can submit a cache. What the #$$% problem?

The guy that OWNS this private website sets the guidelines for listing a cache on HIS website. Pretty simple, it seems.

PS: the topic starter closed the last thread you posted to, not an admin.

Edited by Mopar

Oh, and Duane, if you would actually READ the forums, instead of just posting nonsense, and geocide notes, you would ALSO know that Groundspeak usually picks the cache reviewers, not the other way around.

Edited by Mopar
PS: the topic starter closed the last thread you posted to, not an admin.

DUH

Oh, and Duane, if you would actually READ the forums, instead of just posting nonsense, and geocide notes, you would ALSO know that Groundspeak usually picks the cache reviewers, not the other way around.

Did I upset you?

Upinyachit wants to know who makes up the guidelines for this site.  You have said this to me and plenty others. (The guidelines states)  Could you please maybe make up an autobiography about yourself.  You always seem to have an opinion

and you always seem to know when to close a topic.  So do you cache, do you know a whole lot about computers, why did you volunteer for this job,  Have you met Jeremy Irish personally.  These are just some of the questions the geocaching family would like to know.  I think it  would clear up a lot of miscommunication between a few members.  Thanks :P

Seems like personal questions. Why not use the private message feature?
Seems like personal questions. Why not use the private message feature?

Actually, the TOPIC sounds personal, but CO_Admin has NOTHING to do with the geocaching-related questions asked. Perhaps the questions about guidelines and the moderators in general should be asked of Jeremy, in the geocaching.com website forum.

The second part of the title of this topic reads "What gives you the right?"

That sounds like you're looking for a little bit more info that what your original post read. Did CO Admin do something to upset you in some way that you think is unfair? If so, how about coming right out and saying it rather than beating around the bush with your other "questions" that the "geocaching family" apparantly wants to know.

Yeah CoAdmin, what the heck gives you the right to moderate the forums for no pay? What gives you the right to take the abuse we'll heap on you for following the guidelines you were given? What gives you the right to sacrifice your time like that?

Huh? Huh?

Sheesh

Well if you could of made it to the C. A. C. H. E. mtg. all of these questions could of been answered there!

I might not like some of the rules (guidelines) but I've learned how to deal with them and still get some real quality caches planted.

Just think about the load that little pony must carry, and you wouldn't have a thing to whine about.

Upinyachit wants to know who makes up the guidelines for this site. You have said this to me and plenty others. (The guidelines states) Could you please maybe make up an autobiography about yourself. You always seem to have an opinion

and you always seem to know when to close a topic. So do you cache, do you know a whole lot about computers, why did you volunteer for this job, Have you met Jeremy Irish personally. These are just some of the questions the geocaching family would like to know. I think it would clear up a lot of miscommunication between a few members. Thanks :P

D ;)

Duane, the guidelines have been drafted by the upper level administrators for the site. If you have any questions regarding them then please feel free to send an email to the contact address. There is a link on every web page for the site on the left side of the screen.

If you would like to see more about CO Admin you can visit his profile page. He is a very well respected member of the Colorado Geocaching Community. As Tahosa said, if you actually attended a C.A.C.H.E meeting you would know that too(which I have done myself and I am a proud member of C.A.C.H.E.).

I would agree with others in this topic that you seem to be the only one who has these questions. If you have problems that you would like to discuss regarding CO Admin then please write the approvers at geocaching dot com email address with your concerns. He is asked to follow the guidelines and if he does not then he will be removed. I have only seen him apply them fairly. If you have examples where he does not then feel free to email those links to the approvers email address I have noted. Emails to that account go directly to hydee and jeremy.