Event Cache

TeamK-9

Okay, I just thought of this question the other day.

Could an event cache just be some sort of community event that you were inviting people to?

What if you challenged them to actually find you during the event to count as a find?

What if it was planned for cachers to meet up in a certain area, or maybe if a local group had a booth at the event or something?

Basically, these questions just sort of popped into my head...

Like here's an example, could you make an event cache, a county fair, and just sort of inviting people to come to the fair?

What exactly constitutes an event cache?

All these questions sort of popped into my head at once and it really confused me...

Lets start this with the basics. The guidelines state:

Event Caches

Event caches are gatherings for geocachers by geocachers to discuss geocaching. After the event has passed, the event cache is archived. While a music concert, a garage sale, a ham radio field day or an orienteering event might be of interest to a large percentage of geocachers, such events are not suitable for submission as event caches because the primary focus of these events is not geocaching and the primary attendees are not geocachers. In addition, an event cache should not be set up for the sole purpose of drawing together cachers for an organized hunt of another cache or caches. Such group hunts are best organized using the forums or an email distribution list.

For geocaching events that involve several components, such as a day-long group cache hunt that also involves a seminar and dinner, only a single event cache covering all components should be submitted.

based on the above, your question

Like here's an example, could you make an event cache, a county fair, and just sort of inviting people to come to the fair?
would be answered with a no. Edited by CO Admin