Garmin Vi?

I sure haven't! :P And if there is to be some improved V, a lot of us V owners are going to be very upset seeing as many of us have bought GPSMAP60's. Which I might add, has some very nice improvements to it but after a couple weeks of comparison, I believe the V is still better for navigation with the sole exception that the 60 recognizes going off route and recalculates faster.

Garmin has told me for months the V is out dated. Did not mention a new model yet though. I have only seen chat about the VI on the net. No facts yet. I thought if I posted the topic it might bring some more info that we can connect the bits of info.... LIKE my post about the 276C that will be coming out and Garmin still will not say to the public any info about it cause they are a publicly traded company. Which I can under stand. BUT BUT come on leak some more info please Garmin ;-). We won't tell the feds. LOL the sales with this post alone on the V may go down with some thinking a VI is comming out and will wait. Garmin does not want that (which I undertand also) since they may get stuck with out dated V's. When the new model comes out I would bet the V's will have a factory rebate to try to sell of the rest of them like Garmin and allot of other places do.

Eh Rocky River please post the Bass Pro's local phone # and the clerks name you talked to today so we can try to verify and how he/she may happen to know this info.

Edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo

At first I fell for the new 60's like everyone. But then as I pulled out my trusty V and set it up on my dash and went caching I realized that the new 60 is nice but it's not enough nicer for me to fork out another 400 bucks on top of my investment in the V.

So I'll wait and I'm sure the VI will blow away the 60 like the V did everything else when it came along.

I'm betting that there will be no such thing as an improved V. I'm thinking that Garmin is wanting V owners to buy a 60 if they are in to off road activities and also to buy the new Street Pilot if they are serious into road navigation.

I'm getting more acustomed to using the 60 in the 4 wheelers, so I'm not as hot to buy the street pilot. If I have some money to burn, I'd like to have the Street Pilot's inertial navigation system in my business van. The dead reckoning feature facinates me.

I'm betting that there will be no such thing as an improved V. I'm thinking that Garmin is wanting V owners to buy a 60 if they are in to off road activities and also to buy the new Street Pilot if they are serious into road navigation.

This has been my theory for a while now. Nothing more produced along the lines of the V as Garmin weeds everyone toward either the Street Pilot line or the GPSmap 60 series.

That said, if they were to offer a souped up V, I'd be one of the first in line (even tho I do have a 60C!)

-=-

michelle

If there will be a GPS VI (and I sure hope so!), it would have to be better than the 60C and the 76C. That would mean:

- more than 115Mb of memory (use a 256Mb chip and we get over 200Mb)

- USB (or USB2)

- color screen at the same reolution as the V has now (more than the 60C and 76C)

- faster processor (at least as fast as the 60C)

- at least 10.000 trackpoints

It would be cool if they added a Bluetooth connection. :unsure:

If they would discontinue the V line, I would be more into the 76C than the 60C I guess... memory is all. =8- )