Archived Caches

wildlifeguy

I have a virtual cache that was archived for various reasons. I have gone through and redid the cache so it is now a multicache. Now that I have redone it I have emailed the previous approver several times and it has been nearly a week and still no word. Am I doing something wrong? I have made the cache active and it is "enabled". Is there anything I can or need to do to move this process along?

I don't wish this to become a thread of "lets flame the approvers", but I would like to know if there is anything I can or should be doing.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

I have emailed the previous approver several times and it has been nearly a week and still no word.

Are you replying to the email you got from your approver? AFAIK, when you reply, it goes to noreply@geocaching dot com. You need to email the approver directly, rather than attempt to reply to any correspondence you've received.

Jamie

If you ever feel that you are not getting the level of service you should be from the reviewers simply e-mail; APPROVERS@GEOCECHING.COM with your concerns.

This e-mail address is only for reporting concerns regarding Cache reviewers and Forum Moderators

Thank you.

Edited by CO Admin

Not to be silly or anything but are you including the waypoint (GCHBMD or something like that) in your e-mails? A lot of the people who are upset about delays discover that the approver had no clue which cache (out of hundreds) they were talking about.

Not to be silly or anything but are you including the waypoint (GCHBMD or something like that) in your e-mails? A lot of the people who are upset about delays discover that the approver had no clue which cache (out of hundreds) they were talking about.

Its not silly, I have a standard response saved just for times like that. I must use it 3-4 times a week.

"I received your e-mail. I'm sorry, but I cannot match up your question with the proper geocache. I review dozens of caches each week and also receive dozens of e-mails. Please help me out by sending me a link to the cache you're asking about, or at least provide its GCxxxx waypoint number. At that time, I look forward to assisting you."

I included the cache waypoint ID (GCXXXX), the name, and in a subsequent email the url. The approver has not responded to my email. Not even a "I got your email and am looking into it". I'm getting kind of flustered because this multiple was to be the icing on the cake for 5 other caches I placed in the area and have already been approved. Someone has gone to those and missed out on this other fine cache. I just want some kind of recognition that the reviewer is looking into it. I submitted it on the first of february and here it is the sixth and not a word.

Peace!

I'm sure the approvers get a lot of e-mails and spend a lot of time reviewing caches. Perhaps your e-mail slipped through the cracks, or perhaps your approver was on vacation, or busy with their real job. I'm sure it will be addressed eventually if you go through the proper channels.

Edited by briansnat

Thank you all for your input on this oft touchy subject. I definately didn't wish to step on any toes. My approver has gotten back to me and I am grateful for his/her prompt action. A formal thank you to them for the wonderful job they do.

Since it appears that I was doing everything correctly and all turns out for the best I will close this topic so it doesn't become an approver roast!

Peace!