Unoffical Blood Drive Event

silverfire

Just a quick note to explain why I am putting on this event.

My father John Cosgrove was diagnosed with leukemia on Monday Jan. 19, 2004 at only 51 yeas of age. I am his only daughter and have a 1yr old son, his only Grandson. John has worked his entire life to complete his schooling so that he could obtain his PHD then become a college professor to help teach others. Through the years he has done large amounts of charity work for St. Jude Childrens Hospital and other charities so he could help others in need. He has fought through brain surgery, a terrible bout of lead poisoning and well now this. He had just started to teach at Tulane, Holy Cross and Nichols, building a teaching base for himself, but fell through the cracks of receiving insurance. So now with very little money and no insurance he is fighting for his life, so I am here to ask for your help. For every blood donation he will receive $15 to help with his expenses and for every plasma donation he will receive $45 to help as well. Chemotherapy is a must when one has leukemia and a bone marrow transplant is next, your blood donation will not only help him financially but it will help him to survive. If you read through the rest of the packet you will see how it can help others too. Please take a moment to think about how precious your parents, children, family and friends are to you and consider coming to this blood drive before the Valentines day parade in Metairie at 6pm.

Sincerely,

Silverfire (Nicky)

BLOOD DRIVE EVENT

DATE: SATURDAY FEB. 14, 2004

8800 VETERANS BLVD.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WILL BE COMING I NEED TO KNOW APROX. NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN ORDER TO BE PROPERLY STAFFED.

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT LAGEOCACHING.ORG FOR MORE DETAILS AND COORDS.