Stat Button Generator

OK...To post them here requires significant technical knowledge. It is a tedious and arduous process. Listen carefully:

After you have generated the final product, save it to your desktop. Convert it to jpeg (this apparently removes the automatic update feature, which is how TPTB have blocked it from the forums). Upload it to Groundspeak and post as an img.

To update the stats (for posting in these forums), you will have to repeat the process. I suspect that these stats boxes will eventually be allowed to appear in the forums with the auto-update.

For now, that is how I do it. :lol:

119047_15700.JPG:rolleyes:

OK...To post them here requires significant technical knowledge. It is a tedious and arduous process. Listen carefully:

After you have generated the final product, save it to your desktop. Convert it to jpeg (this apparently removes the automatic update feature, which is how TPTB have blocked it from the forums). Upload it to Groundspeak and post as an img.

To update the stats (for posting in these forums), you will have to repeat the process. I suspect that these stats boxes will eventually be allowed to appear in the forums with the auto-update.

For now, that is how I do it. :rolleyes:

119047_15700.JPG:lol:

Except you haven't found any caches since you started listing your stats so auto-update doesn't matter much to you. :D

Except you haven't found any caches since you started listing your stats so auto-update doesn't matter much to you.

You're right, but I have posted a DNF. Personally, I think those (and other notes?) should be be included, as another catagory. :lol:

119047_15700.JPG:rolleyes:

That would only cause all the caches owners near Sparky to commit geocide :D

OK...To post them here requires significant technical knowledge.  It is a tedious and arduous process.  Listen carefully:

After you have generated the final product, save it to your desktop.  Convert it to jpeg (this apparently removes the automatic update feature, which is how TPTB have blocked it from the forums).  Upload it to Groundspeak and post as an img.

To update the stats (for posting in these forums), you will have to repeat the process.  I suspect that these stats boxes will eventually be allowed to appear in the forums with the auto-update.

For now, that is how I do it. B)

119047_15700.JPG:D

Except you haven't found any caches since you started listing your stats so auto-update doesn't matter much to you. :D

Sax: Are you talking to me or to tank?

Still trying to figure out how to get your cute little Geocaching stat button to work?

Here's a bit of code I whipped up to help:

Stat Button Generator

Give that a whirl and see if that works for you!

(Edit: Updated results page to show the code for linking to your button from the forums)

Could you be ever so kind to explain how your script works? If you don't want to do it publicly, can you do it privately?

I'm really impressed!

-gt

Could you be ever so kind to explain how your script works? If you don't want to do it publicly, can you do it privately?

I'm really impressed!

-gt

It's no big deal. All I'm doing is concatenating strings from what you entered in the form to create the URL. The actual button itself is done here on Groundspeak. I've got nuttin' to do with that...

Question

Each time you find a cache, you will need to do the "generator" again, correct?  Is there a way to link it so it updates automatically?

My stats

It's my understanding that the button updates automatically when you update your stats page. However, if you choose to post it in the forums (using the method I described above) you will have to update it manually. :D

119047_15700.JPG:lol:

Question

Each time you find a cache, you will need to do the "generator" again, correct?  Is there a way to link it so it updates automatically?

My stats

It's my understanding that the button updates automatically when you update your stats page. However, if you choose to post it in the forums (using the method I described above) you will have to update it manually. :lol:

Correct. As long as you use the HTML or UBB code from the Generator, the stats will update automagically. (Well, to a limit... I think Jeremy stated that once a button is created, it is cached for a couple of hours to ease up on the server load.)

If you take your generated button, right click and do a "Save As...", then it is no longer a dynamic image and you'll have to manually regenerate it everytime your stats change.

Could you be ever so kind to explain how your script works?  If you don't want to do it publicly, can you do it privately? 

I'm really impressed!

-gt

It's no big deal. All I'm doing is concatenating strings from what you entered in the form to create the URL. The actual button itself is done here on Groundspeak. I've got nuttin' to do with that...

How is the button created at Groundspeak? This is news to me.