How Do I Get To Europe?

YodaDoe

I will attempt to send a TB from here (Raleigh, NC) to Italy. So I was curious to know if any of you have seen a pattern in how TB make the jump across the pond. Specifically, are certain regions of the country better places than others for making it onto a plane?

I am guessing that sending a TB to a cache (or a TB Hotel Cache) near a large international airport would be the best method. But since there are so many international airports concentrated in the northeast, I was considering trying to send a TB up to the northeast with someone in order to get a good start. Of course, Atlanta airport might work too, but that's just one city instead of a whole region.

Anyway, input is welcome. Thanks,

YodaDoe

The RDU Travel Bug Hotel would be a good stop - there's a bunch of business travel to and from RDU and Gatwick (UK) me included (I live in the UK). Sorry I don't have a trip organised otherwise I would have picked it up for you and at least got him across the pond. We dropped off one of our own travel bugs in that hotel just before christmas when we were there on vacation. He got picked up pretty quick. Maybe also post on the UK forum that you have a bug with the goal to travel to Italy.

Sue

I know this really doesn't help you, but I bet most of the time its just a matter of the TB being at the right place at the right time. My TB took an interesting jump overseas very quickly, and is having a pretty amazing journey. Check out Amos and Sarah. Other than just personally starting it at a International TB hotel, you can obviously give it an initial mission of going to a specific hotel; regardless all it's really doing is increasing its chances of taking a good jump in the right direction. Good Luck!