Forums Used As Personal Playground

clearpath

Gosh . . . I hope you're not talking about me!

I try to be informative, entertaining, clever and witty.

Sheesh! I hope I not bothering anyone!

:rolleyes:

Happy caching and stuff!

Hey, as long as Mopar keeps those caching pics coming, you're more than welcome to post!!! I enjoy reading what you have to say, you've got a unique, no bs approach! :lol:

Thought I would inject a few observations concerning the responses to this topic ... really more like dissecting the interpersonal model of a random social activity. The results are as follows:

8 people agreed that some posters bother them, usually they ignore the poster in question. Only one person liked the filtering idea.

6 people are not bothered by the forum being used as a personal playground. Gee, I wonder why?

21 posts to this thread were completely OT. And I'm being kind.

8 people posted to the thread more than once. In most cases, after the second post, the content was nonsense. I think its called degradation.

1 person replied with a post that said, "Double ditto".

1 person is worried that this topic might be about them. (Don't be)

So again, not casting stones, I am as guilty as anyone when posting nonsense. Rather, I am feeling like Dr. Phil today and wanted to practice a little sociology. Going to leave this thread open a tad longer to try and catch a few responses from those individuals that actually work for a living and won't be on-line til after 5:00pm. :rolleyes:

Thought I would inject a few observations concerning the responses to this topic ... really more like dissecting the interpersonal model of a random social activity. The results are as follows:

8 people agreed that some posters bother them, usually they ignore the poster in question. Only one person liked the filtering idea.

6 people are not bothered by the forum being used as a personal playground. Gee, I wonder why?

21 posts to this thread were completely OT. And I'm being kind.

8 people posted to the thread more than once. In most cases, after the second post, the content was nonsense. I think its called degradation.

1 person replied with a post that said, "Double ditto".

1 person is worried that this topic might be about them. (Don't be)

So again, not casting stones, I am as guilty as anyone when posting nonsense. Rather, I am feeling like Dr. Phil today and wanted to practice a little sociology. Going to leave this thread open a tad longer to try and catch a few responses from those individuals that actually work for a living and won't be on-line til after 5:00pm. :rolleyes:

Dang, I was hoping someone would post about it not being about the numbers....oh, wait....I did that already, and you didn't include it in your summary!!!! Now I'm offended.......

Going to leave this thread open a tad longer to try and catch a few responses from those individuals that actually work for a living and won't be on-line til after 5:00pm. :rolleyes:

Hey, I work for a living. I'm here 6 to 6 Wed-Sat!

Oh, but I don't count in this thread anymore, do I? I'm one of those that has posted more than once and doesn't have a problem with the playground

Going to leave this thread open a tad longer to try and catch a few responses from those individuals that actually work for a living and won't be on-line til after 5:00pm.  :lol:

Hey! I'm at work RIGHT NOW!

Ack! Gotta go . . . here comes my boss!

:rolleyes:

No, I'm BLUE. What, are you colorblind???  :lol:

:rolleyes:Actually you appear more turquoise then blue.. :D

That's not any closer to yellow

Cowards

Are you calling me a coward? :P

Are you yellow?

Read the top of this pyramid ^^^

Well, there's your answer!

You figure it out, my little blue friend.

:D:rolleyes: Woo Whoo.. this thread just keeps getting better and better... :P

:lol: And now a word from our sponser. For those who are wondering what has color got to do with this thread I suggest you read this book. I had to read it for a college course about 5 years ago. Then you actually might understand why we sometimes , as human beings, cannot seem to get a long.

75750_1100.jpg

Edited by Hogarth
Can you summarize? I'm not at Barnes and Noble right now.

Amazon said this and it's a pretty good synopsis..

Taylor Hartman's The Color Code: A New Way to See Yourself, Your Relationships, and Life introduces a fresh method for analyzing your own personality and behavior--as well as those of people around you--and then utilizing that knowledge to improve workplace and personal relationships. The author, a psychologist and leadership coach, offers a remarkably astute system for grouping everyone into categories denoted by a color: red (power wielders), blue (do-gooders), white (peace keepers), and yellow (fun lovers). He then explains how to ensure that all possible alliances between them function at optimum effectiveness. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Looks like your Yellow Sax..

Edited by Hogarth
And what color would I, uh I mean A person bent on causing turbulence and rebellion be?

:rolleyes: You .. I mean A person such as this might be a RED. but I'll have to post the test and then you can see what , I mean a person can determine which color they are..

Edited by Hogarth
No, I'm BLUE. What, are you colorblind???  :lol:

:rolleyes:Actually you appear more turquoise then blue.. :D

Cowards

Are you yellow?

Uhm . . . hellooooooooooo?

No, I'm BLUE. What, are you colorblind???  :D

:DActually you appear more turquoise then blue.. :rolleyes:

Cowards

Are you yellow?

Uhm . . . hellooooooooooo?

I'll repeat the answer I gave JMBella

This isn't a chat room for your own personal amusement. There is a legitimate discussion going on . It is rude to interrupt with completely off-topic comments like "Hello" :lol:

OK, here's my take on this. First of all this is a new a refreshing thread clearpath. Thanks. I'm certainly guilty of using these forums as a playground from time to time. Like Criminal, I try and balance that with some helpful and useful posts as well. I don't think anyone here is guilty of posting nothing but nonsensical gibberish. Some post more than others, but that in turn is balanced by those who post almost entirely on topic, useful and helpful responses. But that's boring. What would these forums look like if everyone just posted strict on topic, drone responses to everything. I know I wouldn't want to be here. Honestly, I think the forums are really well balanced and I wouldn't change a thing.

See, you need us. You need us so you can point you fingers and say: Look. Thats the bad guy. Well say hello to the bad guy! (movie trivia)

Excuse me, but does anyone even remember the topic in this thread?

Something about rusty playground equipment or something. I usually don't respond complaint threads that are cleverly disguised as social experiments. I haven't even clicked on this thread yet, so I don't know for sure. I'm not really here. Two for flinching!

Sn :lol::rolleyes: gans

Excuse me, but does anyone even remember the topic in this thread?

Something about rusty playground equipment or something. I usually don't respond complaint threads that are cleverly disguised as social experiments. I haven't even clicked on this thread yet, so I don't know for sure. I'm not really here. Two for flinching!

Sn :lol::rolleyes: gans

Huh? I'm lost.

Where's my GPS?

Edited by Geo Ho
something about rusty playground equipment or something. I usually don't respond complaint threads that are cleverly disguised as social experiments. I haven't even clicked on this thread yet, so I don't know for sure. I'm not really here. Two for flinching!

playground.jpg

Edited by Hogarth