I cut down trees. I skip and jump.

I like to press wild flowers.

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars.

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.

I sleep all night and I work all day.

Oh, that was good timing, considering the post just above yours!!! :P:P:P:D

I love my playground, can I have more sand? :D

now sparky. you know what cats do in the sandbox. just bring your scooper.

Would that be my "Uperdooperpooperscooper"? ;)

i will apply for the patent on the name tomorrow. :D

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.

I like to press wild flowers.

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars.

Oh, that was good timing, considering the post just above yours!!! :P:P:P:D

I love my playground, can I have more sand? :D

now sparky. you know what cats do in the sandbox. just bring your scooper.

Would that be my "Uperdooperpooperscooper"? ;)

No it would be your Superuperdooperpooperscooper!

Well, I hate to take the wind out of the sails a bit but this one is drifting way off into the sunset.  If we can bring it back to the topic instead of just having another AS topic it can continue sailing.  If not, it may be time to close the topic.

:P

isn't the topic about forums as a personal playground? this looks like a personal playground to me. ;)

I hate to inject an on topic comment, but here goes.

These forums are not public property. They are provided as a service. Those that provide the service can determine when it is being abused and take the action they see fit. If you don't like how the forum is administered you are free to move on.

These forums are not a Personal Playground, they are a comercial playground.

In short, er brief, er bluntly people shouldn't get thier jockies in a knot over a little fooling around.

isn't the topic about forums as a personal playground?  this looks like a personal playground to me.  :P

No.

The topic is:

"Forums Used As Personal Playground, Does this bother you?"

Curious what others think about the geocaching forums being used by a select few posters as their own personal playground. There are those that seem to always have something to say in a thread and most of the time their response is nonsense (perhaps, I fall into this catagory). Not trying to 'single out' individuals and I am not directing this toward those posters that have something 'useful' to say. If there was a way to block specific posters from showing up on your PC, would you use this feature? I am not naming names because doing so would most likely get this thread 'locked' so please respond buy not mentioning names.

People are using this topic as a playground. That is not what this topic is for.

Well, I hate to take the wind out of the sails a bit but this one is drifting way off into the sunset.  If we can bring it back to the topic instead of just having another AS topic it can continue sailing.  If not, it may be time to close the topic.

I've given you my permissiojn to close it ;)

Sparky? Whaddaya think? :P

Hey!!! Just a minute!!! I've made two on topic post since you granted TPTB permission to close this thread.

<Jack Benny> Now cut it out!!!

rusty, clearpath started the topic so if it is closed I would rather it be his decision. I think it is a good topic but it is being derailed. I would like to see the valid topic discussion continue myself. That's why I'm BEGGING people to get it back on topic. I am getting to the point to where I'm tired of begging though.

:P;)

rusty, clearpath started the topic so if it is closed I would rather it be his decision. I think it is a good topic but it is being derailed. I would like to see the valid topic discussion continue myself. That's why I'm BEGGING people to get it back on topic. I am getting to the point to where I'm tired of begging though.

:P;)

respecting your wishes and i will not post in this thread anymore. it still does't bother me though. after all it is friday night. we need a little fun once in awhile. sorry if i offended anyone.

Please understand that I'm not saying you should not post. The AS topic is all about fun and being off topic and silly. Have at it on that topic by all means. The questions asked in this topic was:

"Curious what others think about the geocaching forums being used by a select few posters as their own personal playground. There are those that seem to always have something to say in a thread and most of the time their response is nonsense (perhaps, I fall into this catagory)."

Rather than staying on the subject matter, this topic began to define it. I don't want to close it because it is a good discussion. But I do want to see it come back to the discussion. If you look at page 3 there are very few on-topic post. Like I say, this topic derailed into exactly what the topic starter was questioning. Am I wrong?

ON TOPIC: It doesn't bother me that the forums are used as a personal sand box. I don't have to read this drivel. It is a choice I made.

I am, however, sorely dissappointed that some of our "playground leaders" aren't really funny about half the time. Looks like they just post to let everyone else know there out there (as if we didn't know). It just seems like a waste of time. But then I did make the choice. ;):P

I am, however, sorely dissappointed that some of our "playground leaders" aren't really funny about half the time. Looks like they just post to let everyone else know there out there (as if we didn't know). It just seems like a waste of time. But then I did make the choice. :P;)

Maybe I got Criminal's 70/30 thing mixed up, but I still can't figure out where the half you refer to is coming from :P

There are those I scroll past when reading any thread - silly or not. Every once in a while I'll actually read one of their posts just to make sure I should be ignoring it. I'm usually right.

I am, however, sorely dissappointed that some of our "playground leaders" aren't really funny about half the time.

You are far too generous. I can't remember the last post by our self-declared funny people that was actually funny.

Yes, the "personal playground" thing bothers me a lot. I've tried very hard this year to post useful information and start interesting and thought-provoking topics, only to see them quickly pushed off the first page by complete drivel.

It seems to me that the utility of the forums as a place to share knowledge about geocaching is almost gone.

Edited by fizzymagic

You've gone and done it....they said "you can't get pigs and elephants to mate" but you've gone and done it now...

I agree with fizzymagic. Congratulations, you've gone and done it...

I expect a furnace of unholy proportions to open up soon. I'm going to hide in the last place they will ever think to look....

If you ask me, and you didn't but I don't care, everyone posting in this thread is WAY, WAY WAY on topic. They are using it as their personal playground and it's quite obvious that it doesn't bother them.

So there!

Well, it is time to end this social experiment. I think carleenp made the most astute observation when she said ...

Interesting, but not unexpected, devolution of the thread here.

The playground picture posted by JS, although funny, should show that there is room for everyone, there are no fences (come and go as you please), and that Sparky and Team GPSaxaphone own the slides. See you on the playground. :P

PS - I officially re-open the Abject Silliness thread. ;)