Help With Downloads

Team Bandit

We are new to geocaching and so far we are having alot of fun. I have tried a number of times to download the waypoints so that I don't have to do it all by hand. I got the easy gps program and the watcher program but I can't get any waypoints to go to them. I can enter them by hand into the easy gps program then download them to my gps. I just can't get them from the geocaching website to the easy gps program. I bought the premium membership thinking that would fix everything but I guess it is something else. Any hints would be helpful. thanks The Bandit :ph34r:

Are you saying you have trouble with the .loc files after you download them or that you can't figure out where to go on the website to download them? If you're logged in to the site, you should see checkmarks to the right of each cache on a search results page- check the boxes for the ones you want to download or hit the 'check all' button, then click the 'download' button a the bottom of the window. Make sure you've agreed to the license agreement first: it can be found under step 1 on this page.

Since you have a premium membership, you can try the Pocket Query generator for more advanced results. May be a little complicated if you're new to geocaching, but should be easy enough to figure out if you play with it a bit.

Edited by DavidMac
I got the easy gps program and the watcher program but I can't get any waypoints to go to them. I can enter them by hand into the easy gps program then download them to my gps. I just can't get them from the geocaching website to the easy gps program. I bought the premium membership thinking that would fix everything but I guess it is something else. Any hints would be helpful. thanks The Bandit :unsure:

I sure wish someone could come up with an answer to this. I see there is other threads regarding this but still no answers to it. I even see where a thread on this topic was closed.

I continue to have this problem both on my computer at home and at work. It seems I just can't download waypoints. It only takes me to the agreement page. It does tell me that I have agreed already to the terms. I can clear out all of my history, cookies and temporary files, log out then shut my computer down and restart and then I can download 3 waypoints and then I am back to square one where I cant' download any more. I would glady buy the premium membership if this would solve my problem but as in other threads I have read the premium membership did not solve the problem. Is it just me that is having the problem yet or is there a fix or what?? It would be nice if someone could address this problem

Just a bit frustrated that is all.

murph

I got the easy gps program and the watcher program but I can't get any waypoints to go to them. I can enter them by hand into the easy gps program then download them to my gps. I just can't get them from the geocaching website to the easy gps program. I bought the premium membership thinking that would fix everything but I guess it is something else. Any hints would be helpful.  thanks The Bandit  :unsure:

I sure wish someone could come up with an answer to this. I see there is other threads regarding this but still no answers to it. I even see where a thread on this topic was closed.

I continue to have this problem both on my computer at home and at work. It seems I just can't download waypoints. It only takes me to the agreement page. It does tell me that I have agreed already to the terms. I can clear out all of my history, cookies and temporary files, log out then shut my computer down and restart and then I can download 3 waypoints and then I am back to square one where I cant' download any more. I would glady buy the premium membership if this would solve my problem but as in other threads I have read the premium membership did not solve the problem. Is it just me that is having the problem yet or is there a fix or what?? It would be nice if someone could address this problem

Just a bit frustrated that is all.

murph

What actually happens when you try to download?

Did you select maybe a dozen and only 3 downloaded?

or

Does it only allow you to select 3?

I just gave it a shot,selected 18 from 20

downloaded

opened in EasyGPS no problems

Give us a step by step blow and one of the gurus here will probably spot the problem(i don't include myself in that :lol: )

The problem comes from when you are on the cache page by itself and you download the single cache from the page. It just takes you to the Agreement page. It tells me I have already agreed to the terms and agreement. If I go to the mutliple caches page when selecting by zip code then I have no problems.

murph

The problem comes from when you are on the cache page by itself and you download the single cache from the page.  It just takes you to the Agreement page.  It tells me I have already agreed to the terms and agreement.  If I go to the mutliple caches page when selecting by zip code then I have no problems.

murph

The only time i've had that is,after clearing the cookies,forgetting to log-in again.Simple,but easily overlooked.

Not sure what else it might be.

Edit:just did what i should have done previously.Logged out,went to the cache page,tried to d/l the co-ords,and got taken to the agreement page.Logged in,d/l no probs.

Edited by fivegallon

Yeah if I log out or clear cookies it will then work again for three times. So at this point no one seems to be able to tell me what is wrong. Others have had this problem too and I can't help but to think it is with the web page?? Or at least I think. I just don't see why it happens on two of my computers and others have complained about it too.

frustrated yet.

murph

If you use Netscape 7 try this:

Click Edit/Preferences.../Navigator/Helper Applications/New Type

Enter the following text into the blank fields

Description - loc

File Extension - loc

MIME Type - application/xml-loc

Application to use - clic browse and find the EasyGPS.exe file click open

Now when you click on the download button it comes up as geocaching.loc