Legend - Displaying Owner Information!

tholt4

Hey -I just discovered that you can enter your name, address & phone number that will show up on power on by going to the the Main Menu page and selecting the options menu at the top of the screen. This is not addressed (that I can see) in the owners manual. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone that might not know it.

Hey -I just discovered that you can enter your name, address & phone number that will show up on power on by going to the the Main Menu page and selecting the options menu at the top of the screen. This is not addressed (that I can see) in the owners manual. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone that might not know it.

You're a little behind the times. That was added in an OS update back in December of 2002.

Yup....I found it in the manual for my Legend I bought back in November.....

They come with an owner's manual now?

What will they think of next?! :rolleyes:

I think there should be some way to enter waypoints into them.......

It'd be really cool if these things could record where you've been, y'know? ...And show it on a map - kinda like a trail of bread crumbs. That way you could not only know how to go somewhere, you could even find your way back!

Just imagine actually being able to upload this information to a computer too! Maybe someday... :lol:

Not to mention to have kewl little symbols that look like open and closed treasure chests....caches if you will..

HEY!!! We could start a game where we hide things in parks and publish GPS coordinates to the items on the Internet. Other people with GPSrs could get the coordinates and go look for the items!!!

We could use the closed treasure chest icon for an item that hs not been found, and an open chest icon for one that has been found!!

The Web site where the coordinates are posted could have forums for discussing topics such as the game and GPSrs and software. The game could expand to finding USGS Benchmarks... Holy... This could catch on BIG! :rolleyes:

Edited by Neo_Geo
Not to mention to have kewl little symbols that look like open and closed treasure chests....caches if you will..

HEY!!! We could start a game where we hide things in parks and publish GPS coordinates to the items on the Internet. Other people with GPSrs could get the coordinates and go look for the items!!!

We could use the closed treasure chest icon for an item that hs not been found, and an open chest icon for one that has been found!!

The Web site where the coordinates are posted could have forums for discussing topics such as the game and GPSrs and software. The game could expand to finding USGS Benchmarks... Holy... This could catch on BIG! :P

Well, now I think you're stretching it a bit.....I don't think that will ever catch on. Sheesh.....get back to reality. ;)