Gravitational Pull Of The Forums

wimseyguy

Ok, so we all know forum regulars represent a small but vocal and sometimes active percentage of the caching community. What I want to know is how many times/hours per day do you find yourself uncontrollably drawn back into the forums. You know you should be out working, or working on it, or something other than reading this. :D Yet just like an eclipse or a train wreck you can't look away and are reading and replying over and over and over. :blink::)

For me it's been about 3-4x/day for maybe 2 hours lately. Work is boring and slow right now. :)

Edited by wimseyguy
For x=1 to 100000000

If x < 1000 then Beep

Next X

Just to get your attention.  :blink:

Hmmmmm shouldn't be:

For x=100000000 to 1 Step -1

If x = 1000 then Beep

Next X

Otherwise it beeps when it starts, not a warning when it's about to end.

Dang, indenting doesn't work with beans......

Edited by GeckoGeek

Too much snow to get much, if any caching done, and so basically, every time I get on the computer, I check my email, and then this is the first thing I check on my list of forums that I visit. After that, I come back, not always replying, (because I don't always have a correct or witty answer) but I read the forums a LOT...

Too much snow to get much, if any caching done, and so basically, every time I get on the computer, I check my email, and then this is the first thing I check on my list of forums that I visit. After that, I come back, not always replying, (because I don't always have a correct or witty answer) but I read the forums a LOT...

Too much snow???? No such thing! :blink:

de17f373-08b1-49ad-ab56-3a978f51b104.jpg

Too much snow to get much, if any caching done, and so basically, every time I get on the computer, I check my email, and then this is the first thing I check on my list of forums that I visit.  After that, I come back, not always replying, (because I don't always have a correct or witty answer) but I read the forums a LOT...

*image removed from quote*

Sax, if you call the snow in that picture alot, you've obviously never been to Western Pennsylvania. We are just now melting out of about 2 feet of snow we had from a snow storm a week ago, that keeps melting, but then being snowed on again, and we're supposed to get another 6 inches or even a foot thursday night.

And so all the caches I want to hit are either covered in a foot of snow, or the area is icy.

Out of the closest fourty caches in my area, only 3 have been logged in the last 3 days.

There is such a thing as too much snow...

Too much snow to get much, if any caching done, and so basically, every time I get on the computer, I check my email, and then this is the first thing I check on my list of forums that I visit.  After that, I come back, not always replying, (because I don't always have a correct or witty answer) but I read the forums a LOT...

*image removed from quote*

Sax, if you call the snow in that picture alot, you've obviously never been to Western Pennsylvania. We are just now melting out of about 2 feet of snow we had from a snow storm a week ago, that keeps melting, but then being snowed on again, and we're supposed to get another 6 inches or even a foot thursday night.

And so all the caches I want to hit are either covered in a foot of snow, or the area is icy.

Out of the closest fourty caches in my area, only 3 have been logged in the last 3 days.

There is such a thing as too much snow...

That's as much as it snows out here. I used to live in Colorado, it really snows there. None of this "dusting" stuff. I'd rather go caching in 2 feet of snow than deal with this, but it's all we have.

When I'm at home in front of the computer, I usually have at least two windows open to geocaching...stuff. One on the forums, and one on a Yahoo! group for cachers in my area. I check for new posts a lot more often than I'm willing to admit. I used to surf far and wide across the Internet... now I find I stay very close to caching pages and sites.

When I'm at home in front of the computer, I usually have at least two windows open to geocaching...stuff. One on the forums, and one on a Yahoo! group for cachers in my area. I check for new posts a lot more often than I'm willing to admit. I used to surf far and wide across the Internet... now I find I stay very close to caching pages and sites.

what they said. i have no access at work. i only work weekends, so i spend a lot of time here. snow and cold can do that. :blink:

Pretty much anytime my computer is on there is a window open to the forums. I'm actually really bad about having many different programs and windows open at a time. Right now for instance, I have three word documents up, two excel spreadsheets, an access database, outlook, and IE windows to the forums, gc.com, Westlaw, and google.

Often, I'll respond to forum issues as I do other things, such as listen to vmail.

Thinking about setting the Forums as my explorer home page, So everytime I log on the forums will be the 1st thing I see. :lol:

Still at work, still not working, still posting.

Know the feeling! I want to go home so I will feel less guilty...NOT really!

Nah... Because if I go home, the fiirst thing I will do is to see what was new in the time while I was driving.

Thinking about setting the Forums as my explorer home page, So everytime I log on the forums will be the 1st thing I see. :lol:

Nah... Because if I go home, the fiirst thing I will do is to see what was new in the time while I was driving.

Bring your laptop with you. Wireless Internet is on $90 a month :D

Bring your laptop with you. Wireless Internet is on $90 a month :D

Hmm... Posting to the forums at 75mph...

I don't feel guilty in the slightest.

Getting paid to post in the forum? How cool is that??

:D

Getting paid to post in the forum?  How cool is that??

B)

Hey GeoHo,

Just noticed!!! It is your two year Anniversary on GC.com.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! NOW, that is cool!

Wow! I didn't even realize it was my Geocaching anniversary!

That is so VERY, VERY cool!!! B)

Thank you for noticing. :D

Cheesy Cabesa . . . yes, I'm still here and getting paid the big bucks! B)

Edited by Geo Ho