National Signature Event

GEO*Trailblazer 1

Well as of today we have the approvers O.K. :D

I emailed Mr. Brian Fischer,and will wait for his reply. :D

I would like to make this from all us benchmarkers,so now is the time to speak up it is not that far off.

Since the Dedication is not till 1:00 we could have breakfast,get in a couple of benchmarks and or caches.

Do a lunch watch the Ceremony then get it again if all permits.

Since I am in town for just a week, I have a long list of things to see. I would be available for the ceremony and then "extras" after. I have other things already scheduled for the morning.

Don't let that stand in the way of planning, just wanted to let you know my personal availability.

I really think we should consider giving a prize for the person who's travelled the farthest. :unsure:

Should we mail it to you ahead of time too or just wait until you actually get here? B)

Hmmm....I believe DaveD has me beat by a bit....didn't count on that. :huh:

Edited by gnbrotz

BTW Dave,

Do you know what your schedule will be like after the event? I (and I think I speak for all who will be there) would love the chance to say "Hi" after the ceremony, or even grab a quick bite.

I wouldn't expect you'd actually want to follow around a bunch of amateurs looking for marks, but we'd love to have you involved as much as you'd like!

Yep dave has me beat by a long shot.

It would be nice to meet you after daved,

I know you are a busy man though if only a few minutes,

it would be a privelage.

All us little drops make the puddle. :unsure:

edit add:

Clarks Mound area I looked it up once but can not find it now how far is it from the Event ?

does anyone know Happy I know you looked once I think it is under a house now can't remember all the details.

I looked up the closet 10 from the event as well,so I will have a small list but I am easy any benchmark will do.

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

Thanks happycycler, I knew you knew..........I nu.I tot

can't hardly wait for the event the anticipation is growing.

After all it is all your guy's first Benchmark Event. <_<

by the way I am GEO*Tblzr's 1 other 1/2.

I will be working that day but plan on being with him at the Geocaching Event at Hawn,and we are going to go back through and I get to see the mark that will be set as well as look for some others.

Thanks again.

Edited by Tiggr

Today's St. Louis paper has a bit about the Lewis and Clark exhibit, which is open next Tuesday thru Saturday. There is nothing specific about the dedication of the survey monument, but the rest of it sounds interesting. The article should be here.

Edited by rogbarn
It is right around the corner now my anticipation is at an all time high.

This is killing me! :unsure: I wish I could be there, too. I expect to see plenty of good stories and photos afterwards!

Please keep the NEPA benchmark hunters in your thoughts as you enjoy the festivities! :lol:

~Zhanna

GREAT EVENT

Thank you ALL Involved in this major event in History.

To the Next 200 Years.

Well it was here and now is gone........but fear not

Benchmark Hunters,

there are several more coming soon the next is on the Wood River in May.

Some one will keep it updated.

Until then

Happy................................................Geotrails