Gpx. To Waypoint File?

SBPhishy

If this is answered somewhere else (which it probably is) I couldn't find it. I have a GPX. file of my found caches, and I wanted to put them on the map on Direct Route. How can I convert them to wpt. file? I know if I upload them to my GPS, and then into Direct Route, it will work, but I'd rather not do that. Does GPSBabel convert this?

Thanks!

Magellan's biggest fan? No! I actually like Garmin's a lot, It just depends on the model. I really liked how the eTrex Vista felt in my hand, but I didn't liike some other things about it. I saw a GPS V (I think that's what they are called) and I thought it was cool (except for the moving antenna) and the 76s ones look bitchin also, but I've never used one. I don't like the eTrex's really much at all. I prefer the SporTraks, but with the inherent cracks that SporTraks get, I could be swayed. :)

Thanks, I'll try GPSBabel.

GO MAGELLAN! :D GO MAGELLAN! :D GO MAGELLAN! :) GO MAGELLAN! :D

GO MAGELLAN! :D GO MAGELLAN! B) GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P

GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P

GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P GO MAGELLAN! :P

Edited by SBPhishy
If this is answered somewhere else (which it probably is) I couldn't find it.  I have a GPX. file of my found caches, and I wanted to put them on the map on Direct Route.  How can I convert them to wpt. file?  I know if I upload them to my GPS, and then into Direct Route, it will work, but I'd rather not do that. Does GPSBabel convert this?

GSAK is the only program you will ever need to do what you are asking for and a TON MORE THINGS......

GSAK uses GPSBabel under the hood so to speak so you will have the power of it plus the great interface of GSAK.

The filtering is fantastic in GSAK. Get a query of everything that you can get at once then set filters to take out everything from yours to not to found to how far from your grandmothers house to you name it. It's great!!!

Check it out by using the link below........ :D

Edited by Rosco Bookbinder

GSAK has more than one fan. Rosco uses newer hardware than I do. His PPC is almost brand new and mine is a couple years old. I can't use Sonar for that reason but I can take the files in GSAK and send them to my old HP Jornada as HTML files and have everything I need to go find what I need. I also use a Garmin and MapSource as well as Natiional Geographic Topo and it works great with everything that I have running.

-=> The Ghost <=- :D

Yeah. GSAK has many fans I'm sure.  I said Rosco was "the biggest fan".  Just like Magellan's have more than one fan, Rosco being one of them.  Volwrath said i was Magellan's biggest fan.

hehe touche...well dont take anything personally :blink: Im just an @ss. Glad it worked for you.

Edited by Volwrath