Questionable Bm

nateminy

The last sentence in the most recent recovery attempt says "THE STATION WAS LOST." The surface monument was loose, so they dug for the underground mark which was also found to be loose. You may be able to find concrete remnants in the location, but if it's in a difficult to reach location, I don't know that you would want to expend the effort to get all the way there to find nothing.

My Webpage

This is the highest one in missouri. But reading the description, I don't know if it's worth going after. Any thoughts on this one?

It may still be there, but given the last report, it's probably no longer usable. At least it would appear that it no longer meets the requirements to be listed with the NGS. The only point I can see in going there is to find the disk so it can be officially logged as destroyed.

I would go for it myself.

Imagine the VIEW

Then you would have the most current update and pictures to say I been there,one of these days you may not be able to get there.

It is like a cache, it is only a piece of metal,the experience is well worth more than a chunk of metal,or trinket.

One of these days when I get up to it and the weather permits I am going over to Snake Mountian and look for some ancient marks there.I know they are probably now gone but the adventure of the hunt is very exhilerating just to think about.

These would predate all the others I have found.

Except 1, a pictomap which dates about 600 A.D.

Remember there has been found those they say are lost.I found 2 so far.