Anyone Else Want Geocoins

:) Previously in this thread by Crusso:

who wants geo coins

Crusso ordered poker chip Geo-coins, and split the order with other geo-cachers due to the minimum order requirements. I would like to do the same. Since they already have a chip design there is no set-up fee. The chips would cost $1.00 each.

They would be generic for anyone who orders less than 100, over 100 could be personized with you own name and logo. this is an example of the generic chips:

cachechip.jpg

cachechip2.jpg

Is anyone else interested?

Groundspeak no longer authorizes the use of the rounded gc.com logo since that's considered an alteration to its true logo. It's a trademark law issue that was brought to their attention. You'll probably get the okay for use of the pristine unchanged logo (i.e., the square type). Good luck with the geochips.

FISUR

Groundspeak no longer authorizes the use of the rounded gc.com logo since that's considered an alteration to its true logo. It's a trademark law issue that was brought to their attention. You'll probably get the okay for use of the pristine unchanged logo (i.e., the square type). Good luck with the geochips.

FISUR

Well, that is a new wrinkle I didn't know about. (square vs round)

By the way there is a 500 chip limit.

Limit? or minimum?

Is Groundspeak limiting the times the logo can be use? or is the chip making require a minimum order size?? :ph34r:

:ph34r: Groundspeak is allowing me to order 500 chips, which I will sell for cost. The chip maker has a minimum order of 300. If you interested in getting them yourself you have to email Groundspeak. Or you could just place an order with me!

:ph34r: Groundspeak is allowing me to order 500 chips, which I will sell for cost. The chip maker has a minimum order of 300. If you interested in getting them yourself you have to email Groundspeak. Or you could just place an order with me!

I was just trying to figure out what you meant :ph34r:

So this is for sure? (assuming you get 300+)

Check out the Team Oreo Cookies Geochips for an example of the square logo.

:ph34r: Thanks that was just what I was looking for. You just saved me about 2 1/2 hours work! I am sometimes photoshop challenged! especially after working 4 or 5 hours on a work project. I'll make any modifications tommorow at work,then Place my order I'll put a link to the proof page up for everyone to check out. I'll also post the final design here.

Once you have secured permission for a design in principal, I would be interested in 100+ coins, and would acquire permission for myself before placing the order.

If something else blossoms out of this, that's okay too.

I support Groundspeak, or Grounded Inc. or whatever the current identity is, and would buy from their store again.

Once you have secured permission for a design in principal, I would be interested in 100+ coins, and would acquire permission for myself before placing the order.

If something else blossoms out of this, that's okay too.

I support Groundspeak, or Grounded Inc. or whatever the current identity is, and would buy from their store again.

:rolleyes: I have gotten permission and have a design in the works, I will be sending it off to TPTB by Sunday night. If you want 100+ You can have them personalized with your name if you like, or your own logo on the back side.

:lol: Hmm... To recap, What will they be like? How much will they cost?(and who gets paid?) And when would they be done?

Follow the link in my last post and scroll to the bottom of the page,there you will see what they are going to look like. They are available in other colors too. I should receive them in about 2-3 weeks, and will ship them as soon as they arrive, final cost including shipping should be about $1.20 per coin. The coins are costing me $1.00 any other charges are for shipping, the more you order the less per coin. If you only wanted 1 postage would be $.37 because they weight about 3/4 of an ounce. And oh yea I get paid, I am putting up the initial $550 to order these.I will set it up so I can either get paid through paypal, or you can mail me a check. I will ship as soon as I receive payment. (Or the coins for those who pre-pay)