Who's Watching My Cache?

Geofellas

Having just released our first travel bugs and set up our first cache we noticed that it says "x accounts are watching this cache"

Is it possible to find out who is watching one's own cache/travel bug?

Would there be a reason (other than technical complexity) for not making that information available to cache/bug owners?

Thanks

Geofellas

No, there is no way of finding out who is watching (beyond posting a note on the page and asking). A lot of people want to have this feature (It would make a nice premium member bennie), but the TPTB decided that it wasn't worth the effort to implement.

Edited by briansnat

Forum polls are useless. They only include those that use the forums and bother to vote on a poll.

I think that a premium member should at least get a e-mail when someone starts or stops watching their cache, it doesn't need to be a feature that can be looked up at any time. I haven't seen any posts against the idea, but then again I haven't bothered to search the subject either.

Sigh... Looks like this one's going to keep going...

My biggest question is: Why does it matter? What benefit would you gain by knowing who is watching the cache, other than a little bit of trivia?

If you want to know because you like to send a message to everyone watching the cache, then you can just post a note to the log and everyone will get it.

There's a lot of people out there who are fanatical about their privacy, and making the names public would probably result in a lot of people no longer watching caches.

<snip>

What benefit would you gain by knowing who is watching the cache, other than a little bit of trivia?

<snip>

There's a lot of people out there who are fanatical about their privacy, and making the names public would probably result in a lot of people no longer watching caches.

Sheer curiosity that's all.

Privacy already exisits to the extent people want it by having handles instead of real names and by not requiring anyone to put anything to identify themselves in their profile. That seems to have been thought through pretty well by the system designers. If it were still really a concern you could have a "Watch anonymously" option.