Gps V - How Repositionable?

LogJam00

Hello All:

My recently purchased GPS V comes with two adhesive disks to put onto the bottom of the dash mount - one permanent, and one called "repositionable".

Has anyone had luck (or problems) with this "repositionable" disk? Is it hard to get off the dash once it sticks? Is it hard to get it to stick to the dash?

I ask because I have a company car, and often use rental cars for work and cannot permanently mount this anywhere, since I'll use it all over.

I have considered getting the Garmin Portable Friction Mount, which uses the current car mount, but instead with rubber pads, i think.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

LogJam

This sounds familiar. My company car is always breaking down and I am constantly renting. I found the easiest thing was to put Velcro on the bottom of the mount and then I could move it from vehicle to vehicle. Not hard to get the Velcro off the dash and it held very firm. I would suggest using the Industriel strength...

I have used the repositionable disk in my wife's minivan and two rental cars and I have been very pleased with it. In use, it is like silly putty, only stickier and stiffer. Like silly putty, it prefers to stick to itself rather than the surface it is pushed against. When you remove the mount, twist or pry it off. Some of the adhesive will probably remain on the surface, but it is easily removed by rolling it off or quickly pressing and removing the mass of adhesive on the mount against the small pieces on the car surface. With little effort, I have been able to leave no trace of adhesive, even on irregular surfaces. I wouldn't try it on fabric, however.

One more trick, I cut a piece of smooth, stiff, thin plastic slightly larger than the adhesive surface of the mounting bracket. I stick the plastic against the adhesive to keep it clean and ready to use when I pack it, or any other time it is not mounted in the car.

I can understand the fear factor with such a sticky substance, but I think you will like it if you give it a try.