Charter Member?

wildlifeguy

There is little difference between a charter member and a regular subscribing member, other than the charter member signed up in the early days of subscribership. If I recall correctly, I think we were promised that we'd be protected from any future price increases, but all other benefits are the same.

If you allow your subscription to lapse, even for a day, you lose charter menber status though.

Edited by briansnat
What's the difference between the types of membership? What is a charter member? Any other benefits to being a charter member?

Peace!

Me no spell too good

"Me no spell too good"....

Hey, the simple fact that you understand the difference between "too" and "to" is enough to impress me. Aside from a typo (to be expected) now and then, the spelling and grammar in forums like this one stand as evidence that the system of education in this country is less than adequate. ;)

... Aside from a typo (to be expected) now and then, the spelling and grammar in forums like this one stand as evidence that the system of education in this country is less than adequate.  ;)

Whoa there. If English wasn't so screwed up and used consistant rules like "i before e" and there was no exception, we might stand a chance.

Edit. Forget :D and :D

Edited by Renegade Knight

briansnat, you got that right! i was a charter member until my credit card expired on paypal, at which time, even though my membership had NOT expired they cancelled my subscription. after i emailed tptb they reinstated me as a member, but changed me to a premium member and not a charter member. -harry

Hey, the simple fact that you understand the difference between "too" and "to" is enough to impress me. Aside from a typo (to be expected) now and then, the spelling and grammar in forums like this one stand as evidence that the system of education in this country is less than adequate. :D

Assuming by 'this country' you meant the USA, it just might be that the bad spelling and grammar in forums like this are generated by the minority of non-US geocachers like me. ;)

Canadians might also cause some confusion by including the "U" in words like Favour and Colour.

"Favour" and "Colour" are not incorrect spelling. They are variations on the words "Favor" and "Color". So you folks outside the US (yep, I neglected to mention that the US was the focus of the remarks about education) typically score much higher in the spelling/grammar department than many of us in the "U.S." crowd. Frankly, each time I visit Canada, I am left with the impression that the education system in that part of the world is quite enviable.

... Aside from a typo (to be expected) now and then, the spelling and grammar in forums like this one stand as evidence that the system of education in this country is less than adequate.  :D

Whoa there. If English wasn't so screwed up and used consistant rules like "i before e" and there was no exception, we might stand a chance.

Edit. Forget :) and :)

I agree with you. I have studied several languages (Spanish, Japanese, Latin, to name a few) and I find the English language to be the most difficult of all to master. Just when we believe we're doing well, someone throws in a monkey wrench by introducing "politically correct" terminology or "like" some colloquialism that shatters the foundation of our language. Well, shucks, ya gotta figure that sum of the, like people, well - they're just not interested in talkin' like they sposed to. Perhaps we should cede from society and establish a new culture where we can seed a new language. If we could sell the idea for establishing this new cultural cell, we just might find ourselves using plain english upon an as yet undiscovered plane (that's like level ground, not like a genus of trees, nor the tool used for shaving wood, nor the kind you might see in the sky)

Go figure.... :)

(edit to correct one of them typo things)

Edited by gallahad
Assuming by 'this country' you meant the USA, it just might be that the bad spelling and grammar in forums like this are generated by the minority of non-US geocachers like me

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. From what I've seen, many of the people from non English speaking countries who post here, spell and use far better grammer than those who've been speaking the language their entire lives.

Edited by briansnat
Assuming by 'this country' you meant the USA, it just might be that the bad spelling and grammar in forums like this are generated by the minority of non-US geocachers like me

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. From what I've seen, many of the people from non English speaking countries who post here, spell and use far better grammar than those who've been speaking the language their entire lives.

Unfortunately? In that case I can try to fix the situation and beginn useing veri bäd inglis and pour speling to, so taht teh nattive speekers kän look betta edjukated. :)

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. From what I've seen, many of the people from non English speaking countries who post here, spell and use far better grammar than those who've been speaking the language their entire lives.

Including those who flame others for their grammer and spelling.

THEM THERE TYPO THINGS ??????????????????