Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColdMachine

Massachusetts Gmrs Repeaters

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but since GMRS could be used while geocaching...

Anybody have a contact for any of the GMRS repeaters in Massachusetts? I know there's one operating on 462.575, but the owner email contact info I had for it has not produced any replies.

There used to be one in Hopkinton on 462.650 (same owner) as well, but I haven't heard any traffic on that in quite some time.

I used to have permission to use both of those, but haven't used either of them in quite some time and I wanted to make sure he was still okay with me using it.

Regards,

Ethan

Thanks for the info. That's where I got my contact info for the two repeaters, but either it's out of date or he's just not responding for some reason.

What's the PSRG guide?

-Ethan

The PRSG guide is a nationwide listing of GMRS repeaters. It was published by the Personal Radio Steering Group. They are sort of a private, non-profit group that attempts to support personal use of GMRS, FRS, CB, MURS etc. The guide was published quite a few years ago, so most of it is out of date. They still sell it, but there have been rumors that a newer version is in the works.