4 Days In Sedona/grand Canyon.. Recommendations?

soup

So this Oregon cacher is staying in Sedona for 4 days in the March/April timeframe. I havent lived in Arizona for 10 years, and I seem to have forgotten what are the must see/cant miss sites in this area. We are heading to the Grand Canyon as well but would be interested in caching in/around the sedona/flagstaff area. Interests include scenery, unusual, and the like.

You gots any ideas? Care to help a fellow cacher who is down on his luck? ;)

Thanks in advance!! -Soup.

The drive from Sedona to Flagstaff in the Black Oak Canyon is great in the fall, but not sure about other times of the year.

Suspect Sparky means Oak Creek Canyon, but it's a fine drive anytime the roads aren't blocked by snow.

As for "must see" sites in the area, we recommend Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well, both within a few miles drive of one another, southwest of Sedona, and just off I-17. They're like time machines to us. I've visited the Well at least three times, and the Castle probably three times more than that, and haven't tired of either. And there are easily a dozen caches within a ten mile radius of the sites.

Oh, and for a nice introduction to Sedona, take a drive up Airport Road. You'll figure out where to stop.

Enjoy the trip!

Steve

The drive from Sedona to Flagstaff in the Black Oak Canyon is great in the fall, but not sure about other times of the year.

Suspect Sparky means Oak Creek Canyon, but it's a fine drive anytime the roads aren't blocked by snow.

As for "must see" sites in the area, we recommend Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well, both within a few miles drive of one another, southwest of Sedona, and just off I-17. They're like time machines to us. I've visited the Well at least three times, and the Castle probably three times more than that, and haven't tired of either. And there are easily a dozen caches within a ten mile radius of the sites.

Oh, and for a nice introduction to Sedona, take a drive up Airport Road. You'll figure out where to stop.

Enjoy the trip!

Steve

Yup...that's the one....I always call it something "Oak".....never quite right, though! Thanks for correcting me! :)

Mrs CC. and I spent a day in Sedona. It wasn't near enough time.

As I'm sure you know, Sedona is know for its... well lets just say new wave way of thinking. While we were up there, we grabbed a tourist map and wouldn't you know it? We found quite a few "Votex"s around the area. (clearly a misspelling of "vortex", but no one seems to notice). So now, whenever we run into something slightly odd or unexplainable, we always attribute it to the votex's.

We did a number of caches up there with our by far and away favorite being one we didn't even find. Check it out here: Sunset Panorama. We took the hike just before dark and watched the sunset. That's an image I will always hold with me.

Have fun!

PS: we didn't find it cause I was a dork and didn't put the coords in right. And, of course I left the cache page back in the car. The view by far made up for it though.