The England To Australia Travel Bug Race

GeoDean

Hi all

Long time since i've posted on the forum but i have some news and would like your views.

I'm currently in Australia but will be arriving back in the Uk at the end of this month. Some of the guys over here are going to be getting a travel bug together and i'm gonna bring a box full back with me. so look for them being set free across the country at the begining of March.

There will soon be a web page going up with details of the "Rules" etc .... but basically first back to Australia wins :mad:

Dean

Edited by GeoDean (ukdean)
I'm currently in Australia but will be arriving back in the Uk at the end of this month. Some of the guys over here are going to be getting a travel bug together and i'm gonna bring a box full back with me. so look for them being set free across the country at the begining of March.

My mum has a bug which wants to travel from the UK to Australia. Might it be allowed to join? It hasn't been released yet.

Cheers,

Stu

Dean,

I released a travel bug in the UK on 25th January to circumnavigate the globe. As of today, it has been through America and is in The Exhibitionist in Melbourne. If you can bring it back to the UK, I suspect that must be some kind of record for travelling around the World??????

TB is called Blotts

Stan

I was going to do a similar thing myself, a race from London to Sydney, as per the Route of the Great car Rally, but decided to do a canonball run instead from UK to Monte Carlo and back

here's my site for it http://www.c4buk.co.uk/bugrun

And the Start / Finish Cache Here

Race starts 2pm on Sunday15th February 2004 if anyone happens to be up in North Wales Caching and wants to bring a bug along

:rolleyes:

Hi Stuey,

Where about is your TB now ??? I'm in Adelaide and will be traveling to Melbourne to get the flight out. so if its in between or at any of those cities then i could grab it for you.

Hi Dean,

Sorry... I missed your reply when you posted it. The cache is about 2 hours south of Sydney, in the Jervis Bay area. It's quite a remote one, but I was hoping that summer holidays would bring people to the cache. It's way out of the way for you, but thanks for the offer.

Very kind :rolleyes:.... next time maybe :lol:

will you allow anybody to enter, or is it just folks in europe? i am in marietta, georgia usa and would love to join. im sure i can get some friends to join as well.

also, we are having a travel bug race ourselves.

be sure to look at the The Great American Baseball Stadium Travel Bug Race it starts in 17 days - enough time to get a tb across the pond!

we have entrants from finland, sweden, canada, england, egypt and ireland, as well as many from the states. if interested, be sure to let us know via the race page!

thanks!

corey

Team PEZ

Hi All.

I am in kahoots with Geo Dean on the organisation of the Oz Bug Race 2004. :)

Dean is currently going to be staying in Australia for a little bit longer, and we are looking at anyone in the UK who can help to start off the Bug Race from the UK?

Basically they need to be able to :

Accept a package full of travel bugs. (Via postal courier).

Organise a geocaching get together (fairly basic, maybe a pub meeting) to distribute the bugs to different cachers.

It is better we have seen to distribute the bugs at one time instead of slowly releasing them to different caches.

Thats it. once the bugs have all been given oput the race starts !

Please contact me via mail if you can help out..

cache@teampiggy.com

Thanks.

Team Piggy. :unsure:

Thanks to all that have contacted us. We have chosen one mystery team to help out.

Thanks to OZ guff, but the logistics of sending Bugs to the USA to start a race in London just wasnt going to work out well.

I'll still be keen to see if you get those 40 caches in a day whilst your there though ! ;) Good luck.

Again thanks to the cachers that did contact us.