Meridain Lanyard Fix

I an interested. I think your prices of $8 with and $6 without a lanyard is very reasonable, especially considering that it includes shipping!

I have a question about the ring. Is it a single ring or a double like a key ring? If it is a single, what keeps it from opening when under stress? I looked at the Magellan D ring and I see why it is not robust. They have it go into the screw part way so that it remains centered. If the hole went all the way through the ring would slide back and forth... purely a cosmetic issue AFAICT. They really should have made it stronger and not worried about the cosmetics.

Is the brass ring double, soldered or just strong enough to not open?

Just curious, what part of this do you actually make? Does the screw come with the hole and you add the ring and lanyard?

The ring is just a standard type keyring...EXCEPT, it's pure brass (a bit harder to find).. Won't mess with the internal compass on most of todays models... To answer your question, the ring is doubled..

I've said before, I'm not trying to get rich off of these. I do however, get some satisfaction out of making something other cachers/outdoor people can make good use of... Everyone seems to be happy with the little buggers...

In order to make them, I order all the parts separately... I have to cut down the length of thread on the screw, round it off a bit, drill the hole, apply the rubber o-ring and then if it's supposed to get a lanyard, I cut some of the metal clip and whatnot off of those... I get the lanyards in a bunch 20 or so at a time... Looking for stronger feeling lanyards... I don't totally care for the last batch.. If they end up costing any more, maybe I'd have to raise the price a bit... I dunno...

Thanks for your ?'s...

Now, lets get out there and find some caches!!!! B)B)B)

~Bill B)

Edited by Team Flushingrouse