Meridain Lanyard Fix

I just received my Flushingrouse Brand Meridian Lanyard in the mail, and BOY IS IT AWESOME! :ph34r: (was that a good enough plug?)

Seriously, it's much better than the standard lanyard. The o-ring helps a lot, makes it feel really snug. The knurled knob is much better too. Bigger and easier to grab. IF I DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE ONE, I'D BUY ONE!

Thanks!

I just received my Flushingrouse Brand Meridian Lanyard in the mail, and BOY IS IT AWESOME! :D (was that a good enough plug?)

Seriously, it's much better than the standard lanyard. The o-ring helps a lot, makes it feel really snug. The knurled knob is much better too. Bigger and easier to grab. IF I DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE ONE, I'D BUY ONE!

Thanks!

How many freebies did you get? :lol:

If I wasen't right next door to Graingers (McMaster-Carr clone) I'd buy one on that endorsment. :huh:

Just got mine today, and it works great! *Everyone* with a Magellan

Meridian GPS needs one of these.

My only question: has anyone figured out a way to permenantly stick

the O-ring to the clip? I am certain to lose mine in short order, since it

is such a tiny part. Spray adhesive perhaps?

dhyams

I tried regular superglue to bond the O-ring to the metal thumbscrew,

and it didn't really work (after one hike with the GPS bouncing around

my neck, the bond has broken). However, even though the bond has

broken, the superglue formed to the thread, which means that the

O-ring is semi-secure; it must be unscrewed off to be removed.

An improvement, but I would still love to here if anyone has found

a good adhesive to stick this on with.

But, this accessory allowed me to get a great track of my hike, which

I am usually unable to do, since I have to relegate the GPS to my pocket

for a lot of the time (I have to use my hands for climbing and using

trekking poles). <_<

Highly recommended.

dhyams

It's been brought to my attention that there may be a problem with the internal compass not getting along with the metal keyring and or the metal clip used on many of the lanyards... People with them should check into this... I've already replaced the ring on mine with a solid brass ring and removed the clip from the lanyard. I just "thread" the new brass ring onto the lanyard itself... Seems to have fixed the problem on my end. I just thought you all should know...

Bill

Team Flushingrouse

I found a couple more while digging around... Here's the question though-- Do I order more parts? How many people are interested? I've had a few other requests...

Watch for the Lanyard page to fire back up again real soon...

Bookmark: http://home.wi.rr.com/lcdcreations/lanyards.htm

Thanks again for asking.... Yes, they are now brass rings too!!

Happy Cachin'

~Bill

I found this thread yesterday and thought I would put in my .02 worth.

I work at a BOBCAT dealership and we have an o-ring that works GREAT! It is perfectly snug on the screw and just soft enough to keep tension on the back of the receiver so that it doesn't allow it to loosen.

The part number available thru your local BOBCAT dealer is 54K020002B. Hope this information is useful. If there is not a dealer near you, email me and I will see about shipping you some.

I found a couple more while digging around...  Here's the question though--  Do I order more parts?  How many people are interested?  I've had a few other requests...

Watch for the Lanyard page to fire back up again real soon...

Bookmark: http://home.wi.rr.com/lcdcreations/lanyards.htm

Thanks again for asking....  Yes, they are now brass rings too!!

Happy Cachin'

~Bill

I'd sure be interested in one. Do you have any left??

Thanks!

**Bump**

I've got 20 of these things ready to go at the time of this posting.... FYI

~THX

Ordered Friday - received Monday - Wow! Thanks! Should work fine. Heading up to Devils Lake this afternoon. It will be put to good use scrambling among the rocks.

Thanks for the quick service.

Do you know if these work with the eXplorist models? If not, will you be making some that will? I would be interested in one of those.

Mr Lost,

No need for an additional eyelet on the Explorist, since it already has one. Simply take the GPS and turn it around and look at the back. :blink:

Jamie

Do you know if these work with the eXplorist models? If not, will you be making some that will? I would be interested in one of those.

Mr Lost,

No need for an additional eyelet on the Explorist, since it already has one. Simply take the GPS and turn it around and look at the back. :blink:

Jamie

Yes there's a pace to hook on the battery cover screw but it hangs much better and feels better in hand when using the eyelet - IMO.

Mr Lost,

Jamie

True enough, but that hole is realy really small and I am concerned about a line of that size breaking. I will NOT loose this GPSr like I did the last one...

True enough, but that hole is realy really small and I am concerned about a line of that size breaking. I will NOT loose this GPSr like I did the last one...

The small nylon cable tie has been rock solid for months now. Though about doubling it up but havent yet. I'd trust it more than the battery cover loop myself. This has degenerated to off-topic so I'll leave it at this an apologize.

True enough, but that hole is realy really small and I am concerned about a line of that size breaking.

What started off tongue-in-cheek has turned serious.

You want something which looks like this:

83553_600.jpg

Look at the back of your Explorist. You'll see this:

859_5938.jpg

Same thing.

Jamie

Mr Lost,

Jamie

Yes there's a pace to hook on the battery cover screw but it hangs much better and feels better in hand when using the eyelet - IMO.

Just a warning about this...

The loop on my battery cover screw has popped off a couple of times already. The ends on the loop sit into shallow detents on the side of the screw and can easily popout.

The loop on my battery cover screw has popped off a couple of times already. The ends on the loop sit into shallow detents on the side of the screw and can easily popout.

That is a good warning... but the first I've heard of that.

I've been using my battery screw as a lanyard attachment almost since I got my GPS.. and it's never come off.

So.. how is the hoop on the Meridian lanyard attached to the screw? I'd imagine it's the same technique.

Anyone else have their loop come off?

Jamie

I don't have one in my posession but as far as I can tell the eXpolrist and the meridian have the same battery screw attachment arrangement....

I had one break on me and that's the reason I started messing with all this...

Stunod's actually the one that really helped to get this thing going...

If the eXplorist has the same #4-40 eyelet in the back.. These would work nicely...

FWIW....~Bill

I don't have one in my posession but as far as I can tell the eXpolrist and the meridian have the same battery screw attachment arrangement....

I had one break on me and that's the reason I started messing with all this...

Stunod's actually the one that really helped to get this thing going...

If the eXplorist has the same #4-40 eyelet in the back..  These would work nicely...

FWIW....~Bill

Has my profit sharing reached $0.50 yet? B)

:blink:

Edited by Stunod

The loop on my battery cover screw has popped off a couple of times already.  The ends on the loop sit into shallow detents on the side of the screw and can easily popout.

That is a good warning... but the first I've heard of that.

I've been using my battery screw as a lanyard attachment almost since I got my GPS.. and it's never come off.

So.. how is the hoop on the Meridian lanyard attached to the screw? I'd imagine it's the same technique.

Anyone else have their loop come off?

Jamie

The heavy duty doubled loop on the Meridian Lanyard fix will NEVER pop loose.

My fingers HATE that tiny loop on the Explorist. I usually just use a coin when I need to swap batteries cause I sure cant grab that loop easily.

The thread on the Explorist 100 at least is the same but the captive screw that exists in the battery cover would need to be permantly removed which most would not want to do. In addition the thread length would need to be a bit greater than it is for the Meridian mount because it would need to pass thru the battery cover before engaging the threads in the case.