If You Won The Lottery...

Kealia

Simple question.

My wife I are were recently on a road trip (sigh-no caching) and were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery (geocaching related, of course).

We decided that we would put out caches with new GPS units as FTF prizes and would set up a really hard and long multi with a $10,000 FTF prize.

Next, we would hit EVERY stinking cache in Hawaii :mad: !

What would you do?

Simple question.

My wife I are were recently on a road trip (sigh-no caching) and were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery (geocaching related, of course).

We decided that we would put out caches with new GPS units as FTF prizes and would set up a really hard and long multi with a $10,000 FTF prize.

Next, we would hit EVERY stinking cache in Hawaii :mad: !

What would you do?

Find your $10,000 FTF Prize then "hit EVERY stinking cache in Hawaii" :mad:

I could leave real saxophones as signature items :mad:

Those are some BIGGG ammo boxes! B)

As it happens I was pondering the same thing, well not the part about what I would leave. I'ts mine, all mine!!!!

I would try to log a cache in every country that has caches.

I would visit Italy even though there aren't a lot of caches around Torino, but it is a lovely place with some of the best people in the world. (And Fiats are pretty cool.)

I would go to Abingdon and drink Old Speckeld hen at the Flowing Well. (And Triumphs are pretty cool.)

Then I would find a whole bunch of new places to remember.

And maybe visit some more car manufacturing cities. Except Detroit, I've been there and its okay but welll.............. kind of to American. :mad:

I wouldn't want people to know. I have a friend from college who won $16MM(~$4MM cash value after taxes) in the state lotto about 7 years ago. He still gets about a dozen requests each week from people with some tale of woe asking for cache. I think there must be a couple million kids with rare genetic diseases in Ohio alone.

He's also been sued 3 times by people with some pretty ridiculous claims. All 3 were tossed out but it's still a headache to deal with.

I'd trade as I do today, I'd just have a much better cachemobile.

I have a dream of placing the world's largest cache.

It would be a multi with a total distance traveled of around 150 to 200 miles. The final location would be on several hundred acres of land that I would own. The container would be an 8x8 storage shed, well camouflaged,with shelves that contain the trade goods (stuffed animals, Tonka trucks, small appliances). There would also be a table and chair to make it more comfortable when filling out the logbook, and a light in the shed so you can see what's there (solar panel and storage battery). There would be a combination lock on the door. You get the combination somewhere along the line.

Of course, my primary cache-mobile would be a motorhome with a Jeep Wrangler on the back. I would travel around the country, parking at Wal-Mart (rumor has it that their corporate policy allows overnight stays for self-contained rv's) and going to all of the caches around that particular store.

Do you get the idea that I spend a lot of time dreaming of winning the lottery?

RichardMoore

My old Pappy used to say, "Having a lot of money just means that you have different problems."

And I would reply, "Yeah, like 'Should I buy the silver or the red Corvette?'"

Charity? Charity!?! :mad::D:mad:B):D HA! Those sick children get NONE OF IT, IT IS ALL MINE! MINE! MINE!

OK, some of it to Charity, atleast enough to help her get noticed by some talent agents. B)

I was daydreaming the other day about building a small replica of some tomb from a movie. Maybe Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider. Something cool like that, out in the middle of nowhere, just for cachers. The FTF prize? Well the Holy Grail of course.

You sure wouldn't find anymore of that Dollar Store junk in my caches! No sirree, you'd be finding Two Dollar Store junk in my caches. Nothing but the finest for my geo buddies all over the world. I would of course have to launch a world caching tour, with The Stones. Oh, did I mention the new H2 I'd be caching out of? Better ground clearance for those pesky 5 star caches. Ever wonder what it would be like to have a guided cache hunt down under with the Crocodile Hunter? Me too, I'll let you know. Other than that nothing would change :mad:

I would leave a 60C in every cache I visit. Which probably wouldn't be that many (I'm about quality, not quantity). A better question is, how far would you travel to find a cache that had a 60C in it (if you weren't guaranteed to be FTF)? A hundred miles? To another state?

I'm working on a multi-stage cache right now that I expect to be ready to launch this summer. It's going to require travel over much of the state of Colorado, plus a lot of research and effort. The prize at the end should make it all worthwhile, though. :mad:

I would leave a 60C in every cache I visit. Which probably wouldn't be that many (I'm about quality, not quantity). A better question is, how far would you travel to find a cache that had a 60C in it (if you weren't guaranteed to be FTF)? A hundred miles? To another state?

I'm working on a multi-stage cache right now that I expect to be ready to launch this summer. It's going to require travel over much of the state of Colorado, plus a lot of research and effort. The prize at the end should make it all worthwhile, though. :mad:

Good Idea. I had an idea right before checking up on this thread about running a geocaching event where the FTF prize is a 60C/CS but since the clinic is for pepole who couldn't afford a GPS to begin with everyone would leave with a eTrex.

It would be fun to do once. Then something else would occure to me and I'd try that out.

I would hide a series of caches that contain a possible set of keys to a brand new cache-mobile. then hold an event where keyholders get to try their keys to start the vehicle. also my wife suggested secret caches where the ftf would get airline tickets and hotel vouchers along with the coordinates to a weel stocked "secret cache "for them to find

H2's and $250,000 rv's ?????

Get a real hummer, the H2 is a Chevy with an ugly body. Go ahead you can affored the real thing with that lottery money.

A $250,000 Rv is going to get you laughed out of the campground. The good ones start at $450,000, then you have to add a sattalite internet connection to download cache locations, an extra generator to power the mini main frame you use to route your cache trip, gas powered blender, you know the esentials, pretty easy to get the tag over $600,000.

I know I've shopped.

I drive a 30 year old car.

I need to win, please let it be me. ;)

i would buy 20,000 acres in the wilderness somewhere with assorted terrain and hire the sneakiest cache hider i could find to hide caches all over it. it would be my property so the 528 foot rule wouldn't count. then i would let everyone come and cache anytime they wanted. no trading, just find the caches. ;)

I'd drop this GPSr in the closest cache and take nothing, just before I bought a football team.  Hey, there is more to life than geocaching. ;)

Which team? Typical lottery jackpots are well under $100 million. I suppose you could buy a team like the Chargers for that :D

Yeah, I suppose I'd have to win two lotteries here in California to close the deal. Plan "B" then, (you should always have a Plan "B") might be to simply buy the cheerleader concession. That's the best part of football anyhow - and it ain't nearly so painful. :D

I'd drop this GPSr in the closest cache and take nothing, just before I bought a football team.  Hey, there is more to life than geocaching. ;)

Which team? Typical lottery jackpots are well under $100 million. I suppose you could buy a team like the Chargers for that :D

Yeah, I suppose I'd have to win two lotteries here in California to close the deal. Plan "B" then, (you should always have a Plan "B") might be to simply buy the cheerleader concession. That's the best part of football anyhow - and it ain't nearly so painful. :D

I hear cheerleaders like sax :D

I think I would have to leave a new DVD of some of my favorite movies. Up to "R" rating of course.

The idea of a car trading cache might be cool. I could set up a parking lot where you drive in your car with the the title and swap it out for a new Jeep. I am pretty sure I would be getting some clunkers in for trades though! But hey would be fun to see who drives over for it.

Who would make the drive to Minnesota to swap out their car?

I heard that too. I understand they also appreciate wild coiffeur. With that in mind, perhaps you and "Sparky" would like to join me in a business venture. When I win the lottery, of course.

I heard that too. I understand they also appreciate wild coiffeur. With that in mind, perhaps you and "Sparky" would like to join me in a business venture. When I win the lottery, of course.

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! :D

1. Quit Job.

2. Learn mountain climbing/rappel (refresher course for me).

3. Laugh a LOT.

4. Buy 600,000K motor home, Jeep Wrangler Electric Blue, Harley.

5. Go to every cache in US.

6. Go to every cache in Canada.

7. During 5 & 6 make side trips to Baja CA for Tanning, thawing & fruity alcholoic beverages as needed.

8. Laugh a LOT MORE.

9. SCUBA cert & HYDROCACHE! (Who needs a boat?)

10. Skydive!

11. Repeat 3 & 11 frequently.

12. ;)

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! ;)

You must have forgotten our agreement (I'm not surprised)

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet :D

I'm going out to get some local caches now, but I expect you to send me somewhere else within the week :D

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! :D

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet ;)

I'm going out to get some local caches now, but I expect you to send me somewhere else within the week :D

The check is in the email! :D

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet ;)

Those would be some good travel expense reports to read through each month!

Lodging, Meals, Mileage, and Batteries. At least there shouldn't be any extra entertainment expenses since that was the goal of the job, right?

You better cut the smurf his first check Sparky!

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! ;)

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet :D

Lodging, Meals, Mileage, and Batteries. At least there shouldn't be any extra entertainment expenses since that was the goal of the job, right?

Oh, I just cut him something, but it wasn't a check! :D

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! :)

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet :)

Oh, I just cut him something, but it wasn't a check! :)

ROFL!

Sweet...but stinky!

Well, I don't know if you'd want to be in business with smurf-boy.....I hired him last week as my Vice President of my company, and he didn't even show up for work this morning! :)

My job is supposed to take me to a new caching area each month, but you haven't sent me the gas and lodging money yet :)

I'm going out to get some local caches now, but I expect you to send me somewhere else within the week :)

The check is in the email! :D

You can use PayPal :D