What's Your Signature Mean?

Vader

I believe the line under the Cheesehead's avatar is a DragonBall Z reference?

Anyway, the first under mine is a link to a cheesy homepage that I started to make using the free space on earthlink. I haven't finished it. The Cheers reference is because there used to be a private topic here on the old forums called the "Cheers Gang." Since the new forums don't have private topics, it got moved to Woodsters.com and a bunch of us put the reference in the sig line to let others know that it still existed somewhere. The "pika waving" is a reference back to when we could have images in the sig line. I had an animated pikachu there then (it now resides on my unfinished cheesy home page). The "Go UBS" comes from a joke when I posted a pic of myself with a goat at the Cubs/Marlins NLCS game six and the "C" on my Cubs jacket didn't show. Someone made a joke about the "UBS" and I added it to the sig line.

When the Lewis & Clark expedition left St. Louis to explore an all water route to the Pacific ocean, they floated west on the Missouri river to present day Kansas City then turned North. That's where I live.

edit - oops, changed east to west, thanks septic!

Edited by clearpath

I'm in management. There are occasions when I have to fire people. I realize when I do this that I may be taking away the means of a person to support his or her family. On the other hand when I hire someone, I've given that person the means to support their family and denied it to the other people that applied for the job. It is often a hard decision to make.

That's what got me to thinking about my signature line. If you stop and think about it, everything you do in life, no matter how big or small, will have an impact on someone. Sometimes it will be a good, sometimes bad. My goal in life is to always have a good impact on the others that I share this world with.

El Diablo

I've never watched Dragonball.

Written out properly, the line is:

私はチーズを愛する

but the forum software won't allow Japanese characters under the avatar.

That should actually make it easier to translate if you know where to go...

Edited by The Cheeseheads

Hummm, "The more people I meet the better I like my dog." if you have a dog you understand, if you have a cat , I'm sorry. Just kidding. :mad: cats are fun too.

I put my location in my sig line because I read a thread here that suggested it and it sounded like a good idea. I mean somebody from say New Jersey will have a different take on things than I do right? To bad more people don't do that, it would probably clear up a lot of things. Like when I say I like all kinds of caches its because ther aren't that many close by. People where the cache density is high can be a lot more picky, and go on endlessly about lame caches <slaps self in face> err I mean uh might not appreciate the diversity that different types of caches offer.

The 'No it's not close to Las Vegas" part is beacuse whenever I talk to sombody in New Hampshire or England or wherever and say I live in Reno Nevada they say "Oh, is that close to Las Vegas?". Reno is 450 miles from Las Vegas so "No its not close to Las Vegas." is my usual reply.

When the Lewis & Clark expedition left St. Louis to explore an all water route to the Pacific ocean, they floated east on the Missouri river to present day Kansas City then turned North.  That's where I live.

West

Good thing it wasn't the Lewis & clearpath expedition. No telling where the Corp. of Discovery would have ended up. Hehehe, at least I got 'North' right! :mad:

I've never watched Dragonball.

Written out properly, the line is:

私はチーズを愛する

but the forum software won't allow Japanese characters under the avatar.

That should actually make it easier to translate if you know where to go...

There are advantages to having a college student living at home with a Japanese major. So the translation was as easy as calling the kid up stairs.

It fits with where you live.

My wife was born in and we were married in racine. Nice area.

Edited by CO Admin

Mine has been the same since I got here. I remember reading the forums and realizing that everyone had these cool sayings under their names and that I should probably find one. Well, I recalled there being something in this book I read once that sorta fit, so I started looking stuff up and finally came across this one.

After I found it, it was sort of a "Duh" moment...I can't believe I had to even go searching for it.....ooh well, that's what we do anyway, right?

On the other hand, after searching the word "treasure" I almost ended up with this for a signature line:

the things they treasure are worthless.

Those who would speak up for them are blind;

they are ignorant, to their own shame.

Isaiah 44:9

Bret

Well, I just feel that some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield. I mean, think about it.....does either of them really win in that scenario? The windshield splatters the bug, but the bug get bug s**t on the windshield, obscuring the view.....either way, it's a lose/lose situation.

I'm from Kansas, the Heart of Tornado Alley......and I'm a storm chaser for the NWS.

As for my avatar line, "Cachito ergo sum" is a play on the old, "Cogito ergo sum", or "I think, therefore, I am". So, it's actually, "I cache, therefore, I am".

Mine is blatant theft of the George Strait song "Cowboys Like Us". I just exchanged the word cowboy.

Driving in the car one day the song came on, I sang it to loud and used the wrong words. This happens a lot in my car. Like most people, do you assign a personality to your vehicle? Does it have a name? Do you talk to it as if it had feelings? I do to, but truthfully, I hope it isn't REALLY alive. With my singing, it would eventually go crazy and drive into a bridge. Remember Christine?

When the Lewis & Clark expedition left St. Louis to explore an all water route to the Pacific ocean, they floated east on the Missouri river to present day Kansas City then turned North.  That's where I live.

West

Good thing it wasn't the Lewis & clearpath expedition. No telling where the Corp. of Discovery would have ended up. Hehehe, at least I got 'North' right! ;)

We usually end up just where we need to be. :D

Ours is from a Robert Frost poem that I have adapted somewhat.

Our old one was "Remember- wherever you go, there you are".

Just decided it was time for a change.

The avatar note speaks for itself.

Like most people, do you assign a personality to your vehicle? Does it have a name? Do you talk to it as if it had feelings? I do to, but truthfully, I hope it isn't REALLY alive. With my singing, it would eventually go crazy and drive into a bridge. Remember Christine?

I've been thinking about putting a Radio in 'Ol Rusty. But it would have to be a strictly AM job. And it would need a dash speaker with a crack and a penny in it. Then I could listen to real country western. The gutsy, lost my job, got drunk and my girl left me , kind of western music. Sounds great on AM heading down a dirt road, going about 50, big ol plume of dust spewing up behind you. That penny just bouncin' around and slappin the cone now and then. I'm not sure what zactly the crack does but it makes all the difference in the sound.

Makes me wnt to change my sig line.

"Why dont you love me like you use to do?

How come you treat me like a worn out shoe?

My hair is still curly and my eyes are still blue,

why dont you love me like you sue to do?"

Ok, so my sig line doesn't have any deep meaning. It's from the movie The Abyss, which is just, in my opinion, an awesome movie. I'm a rabid SCUBA diver, and the movie does take place at 2000 feet, so maybe there is a deeper meaning. Pun intended. I'm a biologist, what do you expect?!? :D On that tack however, I suppose there is a conection to the ocean that is just comforting. It's home. :D A close second in my mind was the quote "The tides are in our veins" ... I don't recall who said it, but it's a good one. Along with "If there is magic on this planet, it is in water" I may be misquoting that one.

Thinking about it, I may feel a sig line change coming.... stay tuned. ;)

Mine is a list of some quotes I really like from my sports (cycling, swimming and orienteering). I will rotate the quotes as I see fit. The first qoute in my sig right now is a quote from Franky Andreau, a former teamate of Lance Armstrong, when he was asked about adivce on leg shaving (fun stuff I get lots of wierd looks with my bald and bleeding legs) and the others are all about swimming

Ok, so my sig line doesn't have any deep meaning. It's from the movie The Abyss, which is just, in my opinion, an awesome movie. I'm a rabid SCUBA diver, and the movie does take place at 2000 feet, so maybe there is a deeper meaning. Pun intended. I'm a biologist, what do you expect?!? :D On that tack however, I suppose there is a conection to the ocean that is just comforting. It's home. :D A close second in my mind was the quote "The tides are in our veins" ... I don't recall who said it, but it's a good one. Along with "If there is magic on this planet, it is in water" I may be misquoting that one.

Thinking about it, I may feel a sig line change coming.... stay tuned. ;)

I'm a rabid SCUBA diver

That brings to mind so many images. Can you dive and foam at the mouth at the same time. You do know they have shots for that. etc.