Garmin Vs. Magellan

TEAM 360

The Meridian Color doesn't have to compete with the 60. It has had all the wonderful features that the 60 is getting for nearly two years now.

USB connectivity, yet it still has a serial connection. So software providers don't have to rebuild their software.

Unlimited memory i.e. unlimited waypoints/tracks/maps. Color screen.

39197_3400.jpg

Keep it simple. :mad:

That thing is useless, theres not even ONE satellite dish out it. How am I supposed to keep up with my soaps without carrying yet another device around? :mad: Some of those design people at Magellan better get fired for this screw up :mad:

*I don't really watch soaps, nor care who came out of who's coma or whatnot.

Yesterday at an event cache, the Garmin vs. Magellan feud erupted into an outright brawl. Geocachers began throwing food at each other and throwing each other's GPS receivers on the ground in an attempt to render them useless. One Magellan user began striking people in the head with his Meridian Platinum, untill cracks appeared in the screen, and the batteries began to leak electrolyte paste all over his arm, at which point he ran away screaming from the caustic burns. An inventive Garmin user tied the lanyards of two E-trex receivers together, and was hurling it at cacher's legs like a bolo. This was terrifying, if not all that effective. In the aftermath, amidst the strained beeping of half crushed PDA's and laptop computers a single DeLorme USB receiver remained functional, but with nothing to attach it to, it was as useless as the rest of them. A temporary peace has been agreed to up until April 17 (CITO day) but it is unlikely it will hold. This bitter conflict has been raging for years, and has taken it's toll on credit cards and checkbooks. Rumors are spreading that Garmin has a terrible new weapon in it's arsenal, the 60cs, but it has yet to be used in battle against Magellan's entry-level Sport Trak series. Only time will tell if peace will prevail, and a fragile peace it is.

I heard that the Dept of Homeland Security has imbedded a tracking chip into the new Garmin 60cs to better keep track of rouge cachers. I have done some testing and found that a hat made of Aluminum foil effectivley scrambles the tracking chips signal. Don't fall victim to this plot.

I'll be setting up an online store soon to distribute my hats but I am still looking for a few key investors ready for a ground floor oppurtunity.

In a surprise last-ditch, desperate maneuver to stay competitive with the Garmin 60C, today the Magellan company unveiled its latest Swiss-Army Sprint PicturePhone Digital VideoCamera Color GPS Model...

29083_14500.jpg

Being a Magellin fan, I went right out and bought one. You forgot to mention the little compartment in the back that has fishhooks and line, and the built-in toothpick. I wouldn't go into the wilds of Alaska without it!

Sorry GPSax.

You will not get warned this time as Beatnik suggests, but I will merge your newly started topic back into this topic since the new one was started just to see what happened.

Behold the power of cheese. ;)

I'll admit that it was part of the reason I posted it, but it was an entirely different topic than this one. Mine was solely about GPSr's in airports, this one is about different GPS units.

29083_14500.jpg

Beatnik seems to think there won't be issues with this GPS when getting on a plane. He may be right, but I doubt you could get that far through the airport to worry about getting on a plane! ;)

I'd recommend putting this one in your checked luggage. Use your other, no-frills, GPS in-flight.

Your post was clearly about the GPS mockup from this topic. *You* said that. Let's not dwell on it. You were trying to be funny.

Move along.

Beatnik seems to think there won't be issues with this GPS when getting on a plane. He may be right, but I doubt you could get that far through the airport to worry about getting on a plane! ;)

I'd recommend putting this one in your checked luggage. Use your other, no-frills, GPS in-flight.

Your post was clearly about the GPS mockup from this topic. *You* said that. Let's not dwell on it. You were trying to be funny.

Move along.

Yes, but my post was also clearly about getting through airport security with such a device. This thread is about a new Magellan product to take market share from Garmin.

Beatnik seems to think there won't be issues with this GPS when getting on a plane. He may be right, but I doubt you could get that far through the airport to worry about getting on a plane! :D

Move along.

Yes, but my post was also clearly about getting through airport security with such a device. This thread is about a new Magellan product to take market share from Garmin.

GPS Sax, perhaps you should start a poll and see if the majority thinks your topic was different from the original! ;)

Magellan Map 350 with included mapping software, combo serial port/12v car adapter cable, and dash mount: $ 200 before rebate.

Magellan Sportrak Map with included case, cable, and Topo software, $ 200 before rebate.

Not having to start a thread about sending in a Garmin to be repaired: PRICELESS.

;)

Edited by Captain Chaoss
Magellan Map 350 with included mapping software, combo serial port/12v car adapter cable, and dash mount: $ 200 before rebate.

Magellan Sportrak Map with included case, cable, and Topo software, $ 200 before rebate.

***Not having to start a thread about sending in a Garmin to be repaired: PRICELESS.***

Allow me to me link you this is thread ;)