Baby It's Cold Outside!

bob393

Pretty much all the time! :rolleyes:

I stayed in today because we're getting freezing drizzle and it's causing all kinds of accidents (including one fatality already just outside of town). We're supposed to get up to a foot of snow by late Sunday night.

I just hid a new cache yesterday, and wonder if anyone will brave the weather to try to find it!

We're supposed to get up to a foot of snow by late Sunday night.

Have fun, we had 15 inches last week. We might get that again too, they are unsure if it will get this far north or not.

Anyway, I am actually off to find a cache in the snow because it has a TB in it that I really want to get. And hey, it is actually warm today, 14 degrees! Beats the negative numbers we had earlier in the week!

There is another cache I considered trying today out in the country, but then I read the cache page closer and it said the last mile was on a minimum maintenance road. So my guess is the road is still under that 15 inches of snow.

:rolleyes:

Edited by carleenp
We're supposed to get up to a foot of snow by late Sunday night.

Have fun, we had 15 inches last week. We might get that again too, they are unsure if it will get this far north or not.

Anyway, I am actually off to find a cache in the snow because it has a TB in it that I really want to get. And hey, it is actually warm today, 14 degrees! Beats the negative numbers we had earlier in the week!

There is another cache I considered trying today out in the country, but then I read the cache page closer and it said the last mile was on a minimum maintenance road. So my guess is the road is still under that 15 inches of snow.

:rolleyes:

When I hid it yesterday, it was around 13 degrees with windchills dipping to 10 below.....I've got to drive into Wichita later and rescue my wife from her part-time job....she won't drive on snow and ice. This is what I found earlier this morning when I tried to go in. This was the third of three accidents in 3 miles (one was a rollover right in front of me). This one was a fatality. <_<

172989_3500.JPG

man i hope the person inside was ok.

Nope....notice the sheet in the back window? He was killed because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and was partially ejected out the back window....the truck then rolled over his head. Most likely would have survived with just a few cuts and bruises if he had been wearing a seatbelt. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Some of the dumbest people in the world are behind a steering wheel. My favorite MVA recently was the drunk who hit a telephone pole head-on, never hit they brakes (no skid marks on the road). Her adult daughter was turned around and talking to back seat passenger. The daughter's head went through the windshield. Head lacerations bleed like hell.
Actually, now that I am back from the store, stocking up on enough groceries to last a month or two, I'll be heading off to get a realy physical multi.

I just hope it is not totally buried.......

Just returned from a cool (cold) 3 legged mutli in the snow.

And, I don't have to worry about my footprints giving it away as the big storm is coming!

Edited by DustyJacket

I don't mind caching in the snow. I've gone caching a couple times over the past week. Despite the snow, the mind numbing cold, and everything else.

The fact that the only one I found was a micro on a pole is starting to get to me though...

Looks like I'm finally going to miss that 2 week TB window.

Ony found 2 out of 5 today, but it was fun anyway. The snow is fresh and very pretty; deer and rabbit racks are everywhere. One search had me crossing a floodplain that had frozen; and the sheets of ice riding atop the underbrush were so brittle, I'd crash through it up to my knees in places. No water underneath, just shrouded underbrush hiding perilous pitfalls. So, I followed the deer tracks and learned that even if I can't see the trail, the deer know where it is; they're the ones who put it there in the first place, and they travel these trails to the river every day. I didn't hit anymore pitfalls. Then I stood on the edge of the river, and my GPSr said the cache was 100 ft directly in front of me, evidently on a small island in the river. The river was partially frozen, but not enough to attempt the find. Here's a pic.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?lu...E-D00B66FD417B}

Our weather has been pretty bad here, but it looks to be improving in the next few days:

Today 45/27 increasing clouds

Tuesday 47/29 PM rain/snow

Wednesday 41/26 Few snow showers

Thursday 39/24 snow showers

I hope we actually get a decent amount of snow out of this. It's awful having it cold everyday with no snow. ;)

We only wound up with 4 or 5 inches, instead of the 12 they were predicting. It's drifting up to 5 and 6 feet, though! That's cool! :D