A New Cache-mobile! Woohoo!

Imajika

Okay, most of you know my hubby is in the Air Force and will be in Korea until January of 2005. I talked to him today and I said, "You know, your Mercury Sable is just sitting in the garage now and it IS a 1995. We should think about getting a newer car.". He said to go for it if I could get a good deal and trade in his Sable. I have power of attorney so I didn't need to wait for him to come home before I went car shopping. ;)

After much haggling, I got a great deal on.......THIS!

03811041990003LRG.jpg

It's a 2003 Suzuki Vitara 4X4. It only has 40 miles on it right now but I hope to add more miles as I start searching for caches in the mountains. Now I can go way up into the mountains, search for caches and not have to worry about getting stuck in mud or snow. WOOHOO!

And no, this isn't the ACTUAL pic of my new car. But I am going caching later today so I will get some photos to share soon!

Imajika's cache-mobile is ready to hit the road!

very nice. be careful though, as i have seen a lot of 4x4's stuck after their owners figured they couldn't because they had 4 wheel drive. a good rule of thumb is to drive it like it was a 2 wheel drive and you'll always come home. don't go 4 wheelin' without a partner vehicle to assist in pulling you out if you forget the rule of thumb! enjoy the new cachemobile. -harry

I know I know! I am not going to go insane and go 95 in the snow and get stuck in 6 feet of mud! I tried to drive our sedan to a cache the other day and you had to go up a fairly steep hill to get there. I had to turn around and come back because the hill was very very muddy and had a small bit of ice on it. With the new Vitara, I can go up that hill with ease now instead of waiting until the summer. ;)

Don't worry, I won't need to be posting my pictures in the 'caching vehicles stuck' thread. :blink:

Just remember you have 4WD but not 4WSTOP. Ice is ice no matter what you drive.

Uh, nit-pick: All vehicles built since the 1930's or so have 4W Stop.

But the point is well taken. Just because it has 4W GO doesn't mean it magically stops any better then a common car.

Nice ride. I'd be afraid of that first scratch while using it for what it's built for.

Edited by GeckoGeek
I'd be afraid of ruining my nice shiny paint job on a caching trip through the woods. Maybe buying used is a good idea, so it already comes with that tragic first scratch...

The way to do the 'scratch' or 'pin-stripe' thing...is just go out & get a cache the first free time you have & make it in an area where you will definitly get some...It is a 'cache-mobile thing'. We brag to everyone around here about only having our new Hemi for just 2 days & now have 'Utah pin-striping' (most understand because they do the same thing)! This is what these 4X4's are made for! <_<

109008_1300.jpg

front view on the drive home of our Dodge Quadcab WITH a HEMI

109008_1400.jpg

And a side shot. We could hardly wait to go caching. That day we just did not have time, but two days later we were out in the boonies & found some & got some stripes & mud to brag about (no need to worry, the stripes just buff out & the mud washes off). <_<

Congrates on the new cache-mobile! Have a great time 4 wheeling...my husband lets me drive--sometimes, too! :rolleyes:

~Shirley~

Happy Caching!

I'd be afraid of ruining my nice shiny paint job on a caching trip through the woods. Maybe buying used is a good idea, so it already comes with that tragic first scratch...

The way to do the 'scratch' or 'pin-stripe' thing...is just go out & get a cache the first free time you have & make it in an area where you will definitly get some...It is a 'cache-mobile thing'. We brag to everyone around here about only having our new Hemi for just 2 days & now have 'Utah pin-striping' (most understand because they do the same thing)! This is what these 4X4's are made for! <_<

109008_1300.jpg

front view on the drive home of our Dodge Quadcab WITH a HEMI

109008_1400.jpg

And a side shot. We could hardly wait to go caching. That day we just did not have time, but two days later we were out in the boonies & found some & got some stripes & mud to brag about (no need to worry, the stripes just buff out & the mud washes off). :rolleyes:

Congrates on the new cache-mobile! Have a great time 4 wheeling...my husband lets me drive--sometimes, too! <_<

~Shirley~

Happy Caching!

That things got a hemi? Sweeeet! :unsure:

I know I know! I am not going to go insane and go 95 in the snow and get stuck in 6 feet of mud! I tried to drive our sedan to a cache the other day and you had to go up a fairly steep hill to get there. I had to turn around and come back because the hill was very very muddy and had a small bit of ice on it. With the new Vitara, I can go up that hill with ease now instead of waiting until the summer. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I won't need to be posting my pictures in the 'caching vehicles stuck' thread. <_<

Don't bet on it....that's a cute ute, not a Jeep <_<

the beauty of 4x4....getting stuck WAY further into the mud pit than remotely possible with a 2wd :unsure:

Actually, Imajika, the best vehicle for geocaching is a 1995 Ford Aerostar, like mine. But, being the nice guy that I am, I will trade you even for the Vitara. It would be a sacrifice on my part, but I'm willing to do it just for you. :mad:

RichardMoore

Yet again, I am overwhelmed by the kindness of my fellow cachers! B) How unselfish of you to make such an offer! :mad: