Just getting started

Cloak_N_Dagger

I've been lurking around the forum here for a few weeks, reading posts and trying to gather information to help me in this new sport.

I finally made the plunge yesterday and purchased a SporTrak Pro. 45 minutes later I was standing beside the River Walk Cache

This morning I decided to try one a bit harder and hiked through the blowing snow to the Mount Rogers Cache. My SporTrak Pro took me to within a few feet of it! I enjoyed the walk and the scenery, the snow was blowing over my tracks as I left, leaving it virtually pristine for the next cache hunter.

I'm hooked ... bad, going to head out tomorrow to try for a few more. icon_smile.gif

I just wanted to thank y'all for all the info provided to get me started. icon_biggrin.gif

You chose a great way to get started! Read and research FIRST. Then go out and buy a good GPS receiver (I own a Garmin V but have recommended the Sportrak series to others). Then have no problems finding your first caches.

Research pays off in this game, whether it's your first find or your 200th. Go find some more and HAVE FUN!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?