Why Are Caches In Springfield, Mo Disappearing?

rollitup

I've noticed a lot of caches disappearing here. I emailed one cache owner who said his cache had been "geostashed" Is this just one guy doing it or are there others here in Springfield doing it? I'm getting tired of looking for caches that aren't there.

;) Scott

Springfield, MO

Although I don't live in your area, from time to time people surface who try to add some "fun" to the game by taking caches and moving them to new locations. They are a pain in the a** and since you can never catch them in the act the best thing to do is to ignore them. Evetually they get tired of it and go away.

You may want to read the log of any cache you are looking for the night before, sometimes they post what they have done or someone else is aware that they have done it. So you can skip that cache

He has already been dropped from GC.com along with several sock-puppet accounts.

By stashing the cache, he is leaving his finger prints on the cache, as well as documenting that he knows where the cache is hidden as he posts new GPS coords to the stashed cache on his site. Hopefully, he has a partner in crime, then you good folks in Springfield could ask for the assistance of your local police for theft and conspiracy charges against him and his buddies. Also, might find his ISP and report the activity to them. They, like most ISP's will do about anything to keep the FCC from their doors, that might end things quicker.

;)

Was asking an honest question. Have know Idea who Subigo is found out about him after emailing a cache owner about the disapearnce of his cache after I spent over an hour looking for it. Was shocked to read in previous posts what your accusing me of. I guess I'll refrain from asking questions in the future since I'd rather not be accused of something I didn't do.

Please don't be discuraged from posting. Your join date is January 2003. Someone looking quickly might think January 2004 (if they didn't read the year). The subigo insident started in January 2004. He used many different usernames (known as sock-puppets) to make posts simmilar to yours in order to draw more attention to his new "game" and in that way he had less chance to be caught and banned from the site again. This was only 2 weeks ago and the community here in the forums is still recovering from the stress and anger we all shared toward subigo. A wrongfull assumption was made and was corrected by being edited out. You are welcome here and we all are sorry for the wrongfull acusations. Welcome!!

This was only 2 weeks ago and the community here in the forums is still recovering from the stress and anger we all shared toward subigo. A wrongfull assumption was made and was corrected by being edited out. You are welcome here and we all are sorry for the wrongfull acusations. Welcome!!

We?....I feel no stress or anger from anything in these forums. That said, if I had any hidden caches that were stolen or plundered, I'd be more than just angry. ;)

Maybe you should start converting these caches to member only caches, at least till the heat is off. That would definately make this scum sucking dog start paying for the cache's he's stealing.

he claims to have a paying member tell him where the member only caches are. according to his website he has stopped for now.