2610 "issues"

Love the machine. Maybe future firmware will include...but, on the Trip Information page you cannot change any fields - not a one. My V has 35 choices for Fields. One of the more useless Fields is "Overall Average", which cannot be changed. It would be nice, maybe, to check it at the end of a trip, but while driving there are other items which interest me more. Stopped Time, which cannot be changed would also be interesting towards the end of a trip, but not an earthshaking Field while enroute.

It would also be nice to have on the Tabs Option the ability to put both Distance to Final and Distance traveled. I like to know the half-way point. To get both pieces of info, you must go from the map page to the Trip Information page.

Nothing insurmountable, but the V spoiled me by allowing the Field changes, all 35 on both the mapping page as well as the trip information page.

yes a customizable trip computer page would have been nice but unfortunately the 2610 has followed the spiii's lead. i have already emailed garmin about this and hopefully if others do also they will provide some additional functionality in future updates.

i've also asked them to implement proximity waypoints because there are applications/places where a beep/warning tone would be useful when driving.

i've also asked them to implement proximity waypoints because there are applications/places where a beep/warning tone would be useful when driving.

Yeah. That's another thing missing...proximity alarms/alerts, whatever.

The Trip Information info has got to be in there somewhere if Garmin (or whomever writes their software) would just make it available.

There are 6 fields on the trip info page which could easily be changed - Driving Avg, Overall Average, Max Speed, Driving Time, Stopped Time, and Total Time.

As far as being a help on a long trip, Max Speed is nothing I care to look at except occasionally. Stopped Time is not accurate if you turn off the power at fuel/rest stops. Total Time is interesting at the end of a trip...and with the engine shut off at the stops, I'm not sure how accurate it is either.

Yep, the V had a lot of good points...