Anyone To Help A Newbie In Spokane?

Freaky Tiki Five

Yeah, I have found four so far in the valley...I went to one this morning at Sullivan Park in the valley, and decided to place one myself this AM, due to the fact that there is so much trash and debris in that park...bummer is...I was a bit too close to the other cache there so I need to move it. Anyone have a quick formula for converting cooridates to feet?

Go to geocaching.com and the hide/seek a cache page. Put in the coordinates you have for your cache and search from there. If no caches are closer than 1/10 of a mile (528 feet) you should be okay.

One thing I like to recommend to all new hiders is to make sure you find as many caches in the area before you consider a hide. This is especially important if there are multi caches near by. Your hiding spot may be the perfect place because it is the final location for a multi cache in the same park.

Yay Spokane! I live there some of the time, and here in Walla Walla the rest of the time. There's over 200 caches within ten miles of my house in Spokane, and less than ten here. Very frustrating.

I don't know of any multi-cache legs near Sullivan Park, and since I live in the Valley I've done quite a few of the caches there. Could you put you cache towards the west end of the park, near the parking area on Sullivan Ave.? That should be far enough from the other one.

Yeah..the west end is definitely where it will need to go. I had my son with me yesterday so I wasn't watching my travel distance from the other cache closely enough...I just wanted to place one to get some more cacher traffic to help clean up that park. Anyone from Spokane planning on going out caching for a couple of hours on Friday? I'd love to meet at a cache, or team up. Thanks wander lost for the search tip for placing the cache...that will be a handy tool.

Edited by crazylangfords