New Pocket Query Page

byonke

I have another question ... is the "24-hour" period a set in stone 24 hours (eg. midnight to midnight Pacific time), or is it 24 hours from the earliest pocket query you ran, not to exceed five queries or 24 hours (ie., it floats based on when you ran a query)? Right now, my list shows that I've run 5 queries "for the day", but check marks are showing up for Saturday (even on one I just ran!), and it's 9:26 a.m. Central Time. It used to be Midnight to Midnight, didn't it?

Thanks in advance for placing clarification on either the list page or the query page!

Happy Trails to you, till we meet again!

Edited by Moosiegirl
is the "24-hour" period a set in stone 24 hours (eg. midnight to midnight Pacific time), or is it 24 hours from the earliest pocket query you ran, not to exceed five queries or 24 hours (ie., it floats based on when you ran a query)?

It should be 5 queries from midnight to midnight. Other queries will continue to show even if they were deleted, but if they were for the previous day they won't count toward the total.

Now I'm having more problems. It seems as though some of the options gets "stuck." For instance THIS query seems to be stuck on limiting the query to South Carolina. I change it, leave, and then come back, it's back to South Carolina again.

CR

That was a request by the South Carolina delegation. :mad:

Actually, I'm bumping your issue to the 2nd page.

I dont see anywhere on my page where i can delete a query. Another question can you edit a query and then re-submit the info to run the query after the edit? For example I am new to this so today i ran one and wanted all the caches of anykind any container that I havent found from my zip code up to 100 miles away. I think I had it set to 500 caches. On accident I had checked "have not been found" instead of "I havent found". I was notified almost immediately that I had mail. So I check it and it has the query there with the 8 caches that havent been found. Okay thats my mistake. So i go back to it and edit and resubmit the info to run the query again, but I havent gotten anything. I dont know what I did wrong. So then I run another one that is supposed to run just one time, nothing no email with the query, the preview showed 444 caches on that one. So I am not sure what is going on or what I am doing wrong.

Also where you choose the format that you want the query emailed as it has the box for .gpx or .loc files then the choice for send also as ebook format. That leads me to believe that I will get a .gpx or .loc and an ebook query if I check the ebook format also. The one query that I did get only came as ebook and not .gpx also.

So am I screwing this thing all up? How do you delete a query? Well I will try another and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

I found the delete button bigger than dallas! So forget that question, but the others still stand thanx.

Edited by Traveling Jones

I see someone else requested this and I'd like to see it too... Can "United States" be added to the countries list under the WITHIN section? I'd like to prevent Canadian caches from appearing on my queries. Canada is right across the lake from Erie but I don't plan on finding any of these until they hopefully employ the high speed shuttle. Thanks!

I dont see anywhere on my page where i can delete a query.

Edit the query. There is a button at the bottom to delete it.

Another question can you edit a query and then re-submit the info to run the query after the edit? [..]  I was notified almost immediately that I had mail. So I check it and it has the query there with the 8 caches that havent been found.

Once it ran it will not run again. You will have to create a new query and run that instead.

It is better to create a query and not have it generate for the day (yet). Run it from the query page so you can see the results. If you're satisfied, click on the box to have it run that day.

Select the states where you want the cache results.

Admittedly, that's a solution, but it begs the question of why Canada can be in the countries list as well as having its provinces listed separately, while there's no way (as far as I can see) to choose the United States as a country in the same manner.

Still, I'm very pleased with the improvements made and being made to pocket queries.

Steve

Admittedly, that's a solution, but it begs the question of why Canada can be in the countries list as well as having its provinces listed separately, while there's no way (as far as I can see) to choose the United States as a country in the same manner.

Canada doesn't have 62,000 caches in the database.

Is there any way to search for Archived caches as part of a Pocket Query yet?

No. Not yet.

Hmmm,

Can you double check this? My queries are returning a number of archived caches. I'd really like to be able to tell the query processor not to return archived caches and can't seem to find a way to do so...

Thanks!

Bruce.

Followup: Just noticed mention of temporarily disabled caches on another thread, perhaps that's what I'm getting in my PQs. Either way, it would be helpful to be be able to filter these out of the PQs. Either that or I'll start logging Should be Archived for "temporarily disabled" caches that have been in that state since October (like one I know of: GCE8D7).

Cheers,

Bruce.

Edited by drllama
Either that or I'll start logging Should be Archived for "temporarily disabled" caches that have been in that state since October (like one I know of: GCE8D7).

You should do that anyway. :)

There is a where "is active" option which will removed the temporarily disabled caches from your search results.

Edited by Jeremy
Either that or I'll start logging Should be Archived for "temporarily disabled" caches that have been in that state since October (like one I know of: GCE8D7).

You should do that anyway. :)

There is a where "is active" option which will removed the temporarily disabled caches from your search results.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...01-05b713fda871

jeremy, i may be OT but this cache has been unavailable for quite a time...

You should do that anyway. :D

Hi,

Thanks for the hint on the "Is Active" restriction.

As far as inactive caches go, I'm thinking now of creating a query specifically of "inactive" caches with no activity for the last 6 months for semi-automatic "Should Be Archived".

While that should help clean up around my area, is there some way that moderators could get automatically notified when a cache in their jurisdiction is "temporarily" inactive for too long? I'm thinking something along the lines of an email notification that the cache ought to be archived based on no activity in a set time period. If for some reason the cache shouldn't be archived then posting a note to the cache could reset the timer.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Bruce.