Leap Year Caches

9Key

Here in South West Virginia (Roanoke actually Franklin County) we are having and event on Leap Day. Heres a link and refrences if anyone is interested.

The Amazing Cache Race Support Potluck Lunch Event

Waypoint: GCHHFK

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=112148

You may have to copy and paste the link - I am not HTML fluent.

Edited by tanstaafl

:lol:

woof and I were just talking about our next cache placement today...We already have the area, but not the exact spot. Its the site of whats left of a house that Lefty Frizzel lived in for awhile with his folks, and out in the middle of nowhere. (It"s New Mexico...there is alot of nowhere here.) LOL

Think we will call it Leapin Lefty

edited for sucky grammer

Edited by woof n lulu
(It"s New Mexico...there is alot of nowhere here.)

Well, maybe down in your corner of the state. You should come up to Albuquerque. We've got...uh...well there's...hmmm...Ok, Ok...there's nothing in this state :(

Ya gots mountains........all we got are mole hills and giant prairie dogs with monkey pox. :lol:

Yah....nothing like trudging through the mountains...especially in summer at 114 degrees...and don't forget the mountain lions...they are always looking for a snack...think I would stick with the giant prairie dogs Sparky!!! LMAO :D

Well, maybe down in your corner of the state. You should come up to Albuquerque. We've got...uh...well there's...hmmm...Ok, Ok...there's nothing in this state :D

Ya gots mountains........all we got are mole hills and giant prairie dogs with monkey pox. :(

Yah....nothing like trudging through the mountains...especially in summer at 114 degrees...and don't forget the mountain lions...they are always looking for a snack...think I would stick with the giant prairie dogs Sparky!!! LMAO B)

I'll see your mountain lions and raise you a cloud of flying monkeys! :lol:

Well, maybe down in your corner of the state. You should come up to Albuquerque. We've got...uh...well there's...hmmm...Ok, Ok...there's nothing in this state :(

Ya gots mountains........all we got are mole hills and giant prairie dogs with monkey pox. :lol:

Yah....nothing like trudging through the mountains...especially in summer at 114 degrees...and don't forget the mountain lions...they are always looking for a snack...think I would stick with the giant prairie dogs Sparky!!! LMAO :D

I'm with you, I'll take rabid rats over mountian lions and 115+ temps anyday

On Topic: I think I'll place on of my caches near a cliff jumping spot on leap day and name it something like leap of faith or something like that.

What to call it?

How about:

• leap of faith? - religious theme*
  • quantum leap? - any multi
  • leapin' lizards? - a cache with live reptiles inside
  • one small step for man? - :(

* hold the flames, please :lol:

edit:

Dang! wildearth was quicker on the draw!

Edited by MissJenn
What to call it?

How about:

• leap of faith? - religious theme*
  • quantum leap? - any multi
  • leapin' lizards? - a cache with live reptiles inside

* hold the flames, please :lol:

edit:

Dang! wildearth was quicker on the draw!

leapin lizards would'n work for me as there is a cache named that here already and anouther a hundred miles away. I like quatim leap, any puzzle cache actually not just any micro

leapin' lizards? - a cache with live reptiles inside

Oooh! That could be the New Mexico verison of the Leprechauns' Hampster Caches! :D

:(

Another New Mexico version is the pastime in this area of teens putting cats in curbside mail boxes a couple hours before you go to retrieve your mail....A REAL test of heart strength !!! :lol:

leapin' lizards? - a cache with live reptiles inside

Oooh! That could be the New Mexico verison of the Leprechauns' Hampster Caches! :D

:(

Another New Mexico version is the pastime in this area of teens putting cats in curbside mail boxes a couple hours before you go to retrieve your mail....A REAL test of heart strength !!! :lol:

My Dad's a postman. He experienced that when he first started working there. Fortunately, the windows were down on both sides of the car so the cat went straight through!

Is so, any ideas on an appropriate name for the cache?

How about WaldenRun's Birthday Cache?

-WR

Feb 29 is you birthday?? if it is that had to suck as a kid

That makes him only 1/4th of his actual age. :lol:

To be on topic. I'll be placing a leap year cache. I'll call it: "Leap Year Cache."

Edited by JMBella
How about WaldenRun's Birthday Cache?

Only slightly on topic but very definitely intriguing is Quarter Birthday by The Puzzler:

I was so fascinated with the books that I have changed parts of my life because of it. My quarter birthday is one area. I have given up celebrating my regular birthday and now only celebrate my quarter birthday. That is the anniversary of when I was a quarter year old (three months), which occurred on April 1st of '53. It's got lots of advantages for me. For instance, it gives me three months more time before I have to admit being older. Also, since my real birthday falls in the Christmas/New Years week, I was always getting shortchanged on presents. Not anymore.
2004 is a Leap Year! Wheeee!  :lol:

Is anyone planning on placing a cache on February 29th?

Is so, any ideas on an appropriate name for the cache?

Let's see, a leap year means:

• US Presidential Elections
  • Olympics
  • Sadie Hawkins Day

I'm sure someone will think of something.

Edited by GeckoGeek
Oh, I misread the post. I thought you said "Lep" year caches and I got very angry that Lep was getting a year of his own. I know I should be happy for him, but I’m not. Who’s after Lep? Lapaglia? Then we have to have Lapyear. When is it my turn? dadgum I hate being left out…. :)

No need to get angry, Criminal. 2004 is also the Year of the Monkey in the Chinese calendar. As the forum's greatest proponent of toothless helper monkeys for geocaching, you should revel in the spotlight. It can be both our years.

If I hid "Leapin' Leprechauns" or some other cache on 2/29, I'd put it about 8 or 9 feet up in a tree.

Other cache names:

Look before you leap

Miles to go before I leap

White men can't leap

Signal plays leap frog

I will be hiding a MULTI-STATE CACHE on the 29th(pa&nj) the planned name is look before you leap as it will be by some cliffs (special equipment? maybe we'll see when we hide it.) Hold on the wife says we will hide it before then so it will be available on the 29th

Edited by ChinCache

Do you realize that this gives me (in Western France) yet another day of indecision

Do I hurry (sorry stroll) out for a FTF or do I log onto the Forum. I can't stand the pace.

to be on the safe side, I think I'll just play with my GPS in the garden and have a glass of wine.

Edited by Bucks Bodgers
Do you realize that this gives me (in Western France) yet another day of indecision

Do I hurry (sorry stroll) out for a FTF or do I log onto the Forum. I can't stand the pace.

to be on the safe side, I think I'll just play with my GPS in the garden and have a glass of wine.

Take it easy there, don't over do yourself!! :D

My Leap Day cache has been hidden for almost two weeks now.....the only problem I see with that is that it's listed as being hidden two weeks ago, and I wanted it to be listed on the 29th...it's gonna go live tomorrow, but still says hidden on the 17th....can that be changed?

Yes. Just update the date in the Edit screen. You can change the date it shows as being 'Released'.

My Leap Day cache has been hidden for almost two weeks now.....the only problem I see with that is that it's listed as being hidden two weeks ago, and I wanted it to be listed on the 29th...it's gonna go live tomorrow, but still says hidden on the 17th....can that be changed?

Yes. Just update the date in the Edit screen. You can change the date it shows as being 'Released'.

Cool!!! Thanks!!! :D